LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Rueben Randle WR LSU

I think ive been on every WRs bandwagon so far this offseason, its time to pick just one. Im going with this guy. I have no particular reason other than I like his highlight videos better
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think ive been on every WRs bandwagon so far this offseason, its time to pick just one. Im going with this guy. I have no particular reason other than I like his highlight videos better

I'll join you, except that its because he's a physical WR perfect for a ball control WCO.

I'm still on record preferring Fleener over any WR.
Reuben Randle = Taller, Tougher & Stronger Michael Crabtree
[ Edited by TlSSER on Apr 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by TlSSER:

No. Crabtree with a work ethic. Same speed, same strength, blocking ability, etc.

Same catch radius - Randle is taller but Crabtree has ridiculous reach
Originally posted by nickbradley:

No. Crabtree with a work ethic. Same speed, same strength, blocking ability, etc.

Same catch radius - Randle is taller but Crabtree has ridiculous reach
  • zero
  • Veteran

yes
Lets turn this into a Crabtree hatred thread already
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
What is it exactly about Stephen Hill that people like so much? He's not as good as Demaryius Thomas was coming out of Georgia Tech. Do you know how many catches Hill had in his last year of college? 28! I hope you're not still gushing over his combine workout, because that doesn't tell the whole story. He's a raw straight-line runner.

I have a man-crush on Fleener, but if he's not available at #30, I'd be more than happy with Randle. He's smooth, has good strong hands, he can make people miss after the catch, he's strong and he adjusts to the ball well. Randle looks like a cross between Hakeem Nicks and Michael Crabtree.

Do you realize that Stephen Hill had almost 1,000 yards on those 28 catches? Guys who are 6'4 215 who can run and catch like he can are rare and now that we finally have a good coaching staff we can take the risk on elite athletes. Both Hill and Randle look like future #1 receivers to me.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Do you realize that Stephen Hill had almost 1,000 yards on those 28 catches? Guys who are 6'4 215 who can run and catch like he can are rare and now that we finally have a good coaching staff we can take the risk on elite athletes. Both Hill and Randle look like future #1 receivers to me.

GT runs the option and Hill was basically uncovered. I could have 30 yards per catch uncovered too!
this guy would look good in a niner uniform. He won't get too many opportunities this year, but maybe later on...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

GT runs the option and Hill was basically uncovered. I could have 30 yards per catch uncovered too!

Oh the exaggerations I tell you.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Oh the exaggerations I tell you.

its a matter of what you want

randle has a little less chance of being superstar WR but can contribute immeadietly

hill has more chance but wont contribute immeadietly and a higher chance of being a bust
Stacked WR draft in terms of big bodies.

Pretty stoked Randle is infront of Hill in the eyes of the niners, or at least thats how it appears.

What worries me about Hill is his burst. He never faced jams, not quick at all, limited route tree and is a long strider. His speed really doesnt show until 10-15 yards into his sprint, and half of the time he seemed out of control and fell down. At the next level he wont get the luxury of CB's playing 10 yards off in man to man watching for a triple option. He has elite potential, but if he doesnt post that 4.3 at the combine he would of been lucky to break into the 2nd round and was more of a 3rd round pick. Even rewatching the video as I type, his speed doesnt translate to his play unless he is in open field... at (0:21) he doesnt have the lateral quickness to beat the one on one with the defender, (1:43) another WR screen that goes for a TD but he still let the CB in close and at the pro-level thats a tackle not a stiff arm highlight. And throughout all the videos of him there are college CB's stride for stride with him on most of his catches. Take away his 40 time and he's more comparable to Joe Jurevicius then Megatron.
Whats his 40 time? And major problem i notice, was his the body catching. Like how he always fights for more yards.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]

Your statement makes no sense. Even if it did, ignoring a receivers raw talent because of the offense he played within in college is a mistake. I am sure you are probably one of the people who thought Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver were horrendous picks last year.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Apr 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone