There are 103 users in the forums

Rueben Randle WR LSU

actually i would like randle if we miss out on fleener and hill
would be a good pick up
I read he ran way better at his pro day back in the mix at 30?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thuglife619:
I read he ran way better at his pro day back in the mix at 30?

I wouldn't mind taking him if Fleener and Stephen Hill are both off the board
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So tired of hearing this s**t...not that it's not true, but Crabtree was suppose to be the lock of all locks.... A complete "steal" at 10. Now he's not even a number one and is just a solid two? That just pisses me off and makes me jaded to this whole process. None of these clowns like Mayock and Kiper had any idea how good Aldon Smith could be, if they did they would of jizzed all over the camera when he was drafted. Truth is, no one knows anything.

Preach on, you are speaking the damn truth!

I agree, but you have to admit Mayock > Kiper. You know who nailed it in their analysis of Aldon? Michael Lombardi. I remember him saying last year that he thought that he was going to be one of the better pass rushers in the league. Although he did say it would take him a few years, so he was wrong about that part.

Bolded text i definetly agree with Mayock said he thought Aldon would go in the 10-15 range . Kiper was all hes a reach blah blah combs his helmet.
I see him in the upper 2nd round. We could trade back to get him but he'd be right in the Kevin Zeitler - G out of Wisconsin zone. Name your poison? Randle or Zeitler? I'd rather have Zeitler and shore up our RG spot. It's a bigger area of need now.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
I see him in the upper 2nd round. We could trade back to get him but he'd be right in the Kevin Zeitler - G out of Wisconsin zone. Name your poison? Randle or Zeitler? I'd rather have Zeitler and shore up our RG spot. It's a bigger area of need now.

I tend to agree. With all of the veteran WRs, the Niners can really afford to take a raw, developmental WR like Streeter and give him time to develop.
Given we now have Moss, Manningham and yes, even Ginn on the roster, WR isn't a 1st rd need any more. I think they'll take a WR, but not that early. If I had to guess, I'd say a guy like Devon Wylie would be in the running, arguably 4th rd or so. He's very fast, shifty and has sure hands. He's also a dynamic KR, so would contribute on ST's, too. If Fleener's Harbaalke's guy, they may trade up to get if, if his stock continues to rise. His positives are just too strong...and would be a big boost to the overall receiving corps. The fact he already knows Coach and his offense is a huge plus. Streeter is definitely another possibility...size, speed and downfield abilities have to be appealing.
If Hill is gone and we can trade back I'm liking the idea of Randle in the 2nd
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

I was just thinking that. Then I also thought, if we miss out on both Hill and Randle, I would then draft Streeter. No way we miss out on all of them.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I was just thinking that. Then I also thought, if we miss out on both Hill and Randle, I would then draft Streeter. No way we miss out on all of them.

If we dont trade back I think we might miss on both Hill and Randle easily, if we dont pull the trigger on Streeter in the 2nd I think he would be gone at the bottom of the 3rd.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

If we dont trade back I think we might miss on both Hill and Randle easily, if we dont pull the trigger on Streeter in the 2nd I think he would be gone at the bottom of the 3rd.

That would really suck if we missed out on all three of them. We would then have to look at the next tier of receivers in Nick Toon, Jeff Fuller, Brian Quick and Marvin McNutt. And while everyone is in love with Kendall Wright, I'm gonna go in a different direction and draft Ryan Broyles who I believe would've been a 1st or early 2nd round pick if not for that injury.
Originally posted by ImaMod:

What is it exactly about Stephen Hill that people like so much? He's not as good as Demaryius Thomas was coming out of Georgia Tech. Do you know how many catches Hill had in his last year of college? 28! I hope you're not still gushing over his combine workout, because that doesn't tell the whole story. He's a raw straight-line runner.

I have a man-crush on Fleener, but if he's not available at #30, I'd be more than happy with Randle. He's smooth, has good strong hands, he can make people miss after the catch, he's strong and he adjusts to the ball well. Randle looks like a cross between Hakeem Nicks and Michael Crabtree.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Originally posted by ImaMod:

What is it exactly about Stephen Hill that people like so much? He's not as good as Demaryius Thomas was coming out of Georgia Tech. Do you know how many catches Hill had in his last year of college? 28! I hope you're not still gushing over his combine workout, because that doesn't tell the whole story. He's a raw straight-line runner.

I have a man-crush on Fleener, but if he's not available at #30, I'd be more than happy with Randle. He's smooth, has good strong hands, he can make people miss after the catch, he's strong and he adjusts to the ball well. Randle looks like a cross between Hakeem Nicks and Michael Crabtree.

Ya but you do know that georgia tech runs the ball 90 percent of the time right? they run the Tebow offense, he didnt get just 28 catches hcause hes not talented, he got 28 catches cause his offense doesnt allow him to get more
Rueben Randle at 2:30
Share 49ersWebzone