There are 267 users in the forums

Rueben Randle WR LSU

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I would not be willing to spend the #30 pick on this guy. Someone will drop, and we should snag BPA in the first.

I do like him or hill at our second round pick, but in the first is too early IMO. Take BPA in the first, then take one of the large second teir guys in the second. Then take a sleeper pick guy like Elvis Akpla In the final rounds. I fully expect atleast two WR to be drafted this year.

Give me an example who you would like to see drop to #30? If we don't sign a free agent WR we better hope Rueben Randle drops to the 49ers at #30. If Randle makes it pass us at #30 I don't expect him to last pass #42. If we pass on Rueben at #30 and he don't last pass #42 how is it a reach if we draft him at #30?

Randle is a reach because there are several other WR with his measurables and skillsets that will be available in the second and third. I would much rather have Hill/streeter in the second/third. Dont get me wrong, I like randle, but lets face it him being a first round talent is a reach. Most people on this board didnt have a clue who he was before Kiper's mock. Not to mention there is huge depth in the later rounds on possible sleeper WR. And to assume we wont sign a WR in FA is not realistic. We have two WR under contract. FA's will be signed and rookies will be drafted.

The fact of the mater is there is no way that Randle will be the BPA at that pick. If the team picks him its because they are reaching to fill a need and not because he was the BPA.

You are right, there are so many good WR prospects in this draft that there are bound to be highly regarded players available in the 2nd and 3rd.

The only problem is, more than half of the highly regarded players aren't going to turn into good NFL players. Even though this WR class looks great all the way through the top 25, in reality only 5 or so of them will actually become good NFL players.

If our scouts feel like they know which guy in that group is likely to be one of the few that actually becomes a good pro, then I'd much rather see them go after that guy aggressively instead of waiting and getting a "value" pick that never becomes anything.

Maximizing value is great for mock drafts, but not always the best for real NFL drafts.

If Baalke has a first round grade on Randle than i have no problem with the pic. If they reach because they are trying to fill a need that can be filled with equal talent in later rounds than i have a problem with it.

Personally i have Randle ranked slightly ahead of Hill and Streeter, But i don't have a first round grade on any of them. This is where baalke earns his money. If he likes him in the first i will accept that, right now i personally don't.

I would not be taking any of the WR that will be left in the first at #30 but that is just me.
Sounds like you and I are actually pretty much of the same mind.

I agree, when I look at this group I think the same thing: someone good is bound to drop. And since I don't see a huge difference between any of the guys from Randle to Toon, I would probably wait if I were running the draft.

But then that's why I'm not running the draft

I would hope Baalke actually really does see a difference between those players. Although if there's one position that the 9ers have shown no skill at projecting over the last decade, it's WR.
Base on Randle's 40 time I expect him to be there at #30. Randle's 40 time wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. If we don't take a WR at #30 I don't know who would be there at #60 in the 2nd round. I would be okay with Toon in the 2nd, but I think he has had some injury issues.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So tired of hearing this s**t...not that it's not true, but Crabtree was suppose to be the lock of all locks.... A complete "steal" at 10. Now he's not even a number one and is just a solid two? That just pisses me off and makes me jaded to this whole process. None of these clowns like Mayock and Kiper had any idea how good Aldon Smith could be, if they did they would of jizzed all over the camera when he was drafted. Truth is, no one knows anything.

Preach on, you are speaking the damn truth!
My point was just proven today. In my mind Randle is the beter talent than hill....But with Hill's time he will more than likely shoot passed randle. Thats my point with this class. There is talent to be had in the second...no need to reach in the first.
My point was just proven today. In my mind Randle is the beter talent than hill....But with Hill's time he will more than likely shoot passed randle. Thats my point with this class. There is talent to be had in the second...no need to reach in the first.
Who do you think will be there at #60 for the Niners in the 2nd? Please name two or three receivers. I hope we pick up Stevie Johnson as a FA therefore we don't have to pick a WR early.
Does anyone know the 3 cone time for the receiver?
Who do you think will be there at #60 for the Niners in the 2nd? Please name two or three receivers. I hope we pick up Stevie Johnson as a FA therefore we don't have to pick a WR early.

Well, before today i would have said Streeter and Hill will be their at 60, or atleast there to trade up for in the mid second. HOWEVER with hill's 40 time i think he deffiantely leap froged Randle, so TBH i would expect both Randle and Streeter, to be there in the second. If not all the way to our pick atleast to the midround where we could make a move on one. Two of these three guys, Hill, Randle, Streeter will be available in the second.
I'm not sold on Streeter.
Marvin Jones could be another to watch in the second.

More video on Rueben Randle, he looks good to me. Due to his average speed at the combine (4.55) I have cooled on him just a bit. I would go with Alshon Jefferies 1st. I keep going back and forward between Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle for 2nd and 3rd choices for the 49ers at number 30 in the draft.

More video on Rueben Randle, he looks good to me. Due to his average speed at the combine (4.55) I have cooled on him just a bit. I would go with Alshon Jefferies 1st. I keep going back and forward between Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle for 2nd and 3rd choices for the 49ers at number 30 in the draft.

You've cooled on Randle because of his speed, so the answer is Alshon Jeffery?
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for irishluder.
Alshon Jeffery may not be fast, but his body control, height, and great hands make him a late 1st or early 2nd WR.
Rob Rang actually has Randle ahead of Hill. Randle is just as good as Hill on blocking, but much better at the YAC which is due to his ability to break tackles after the catch. Hill doesn't do that.

So....
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So tired of hearing this s**t...not that it's not true, but Crabtree was suppose to be the lock of all locks.... A complete "steal" at 10. Now he's not even a number one and is just a solid two? That just pisses me off and makes me jaded to this whole process. None of these clowns like Mayock and Kiper had any idea how good Aldon Smith could be, if they did they would of jizzed all over the camera when he was drafted. Truth is, no one knows anything.

Preach on, you are speaking the damn truth!

I agree, but you have to admit Mayock > Kiper. You know who nailed it in their analysis of Aldon? Michael Lombardi. I remember him saying last year that he thought that he was going to be one of the better pass rushers in the league. Although he did say it would take him a few years, so he was wrong about that part.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Ran a 4.43 at his pro day today
Share 49ersWebzone