There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rueben Randle WR LSU

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
One knock on him is Alabama totally shut him down...he'll be facing the best college players every week in the NFL. I'd rather go with Jeffrey in 1st rd and TE Coby Fleener in 2nd. Two big targets who'll be tough to defend in the RZ.

alabama shut everyone down and it doesnt help lsu's qb was garbage
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
One knock on him is Alabama totally shut him down...he'll be facing the best college players every week in the NFL. I'd rather go with Jeffrey in 1st rd and TE Coby Fleener in 2nd. Two big targets who'll be tough to defend in the RZ.

Do you think Fleener would still be there at #62?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
One knock on him is Alabama totally shut him down...he'll be facing the best college players every week in the NFL. I'd rather go with Jeffrey in 1st rd and TE Coby Fleener in 2nd. Two big targets who'll be tough to defend in the RZ.

alabama shut everyone down and it doesnt help lsu's qb was garbage

As a Bama fan you damn we did right. Keep in mind LSU did not score a TD on the two match ups they faced.
He is another Crabtree including the height. There is no way that dude is 6'4. He's 6'2 tops
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
He is another Crabtree including the height. There is no way that dude is 6'4. He's 6'2 tops

He is very much like Crabtree. Probably about 6-3, but don't see him as much of a jump ball or speed threat.
I seen mocks with this guy late in the 1st round already. They say if he runs a great 40 at the combine then he could very well go in the 1st. Mayock thinks he could be gone by the time we pick if he runs a great 40.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I seen mocks with this guy late in the 1st round already. They say if he runs a great 40 at the combine then he could very well go in the 1st. Mayock thinks he could be gone by the time we pick if he runs a great 40.

Not only Mayock but a few have mentioned he might be the steal of the draft depending on his 40!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Not only Mayock but a few have mentioned he might be the steal of the draft depending on his 40!

Quite honestly I'd prefer to take McNutt in the 3rd round over Randle in the 1st, just based on overall value.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Not only Mayock but a few have mentioned he might be the steal of the draft depending on his 40!

Quite honestly I'd prefer to take McNutt in the 3rd round over Randle in the 1st, just based on overall value.

I like McNutt as well want to see his combine workout they say his route running is poor which probably is why he's not a high pick.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Keiper has us taking him at no.30

Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Randle could be a steal. This is a guy who, in a more dynamic passing offense, could have been far more productive. Obviously, the combine will tell us a lot, but Randle could be preferred over Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina, because he has the length, but will be a lot quicker into and out of his breaks because he's got a leaner frame. He's better suited to beat opposing defenses over the top. The Niners need a big target in the passing game outside of Vernon Davis, and Randle could be that guy.
I want this guy, but i don't want him till the second. I wouldn't mind trading up into the low second if necessary. I want fleener/BPA in the first, this guy in the second, and hill in the third. After that i dont care what/who we get. We really should try to package some later picks together to get the guys we need in the early rounds. Alot of guys that get drafted in the later rounds this year will have a tough time making this roster anyways. Our roster is begining to get pretty deep and i dont want to see us use a bunch of picks on guys that will get cut after camp anyways. Sign the UDFA for those purposes.
So far Rueben Randle has not been disappointment at the NFL combine (6'3" 210lbs). It has been reported, he thinks he will run 4.4 in 40yrds.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Keiper has us taking him at no.30

Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
Randle could be a steal. This is a guy who, in a more dynamic passing offense, could have been far more productive. Obviously, the combine will tell us a lot, but Randle could be preferred over Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina, because he has the length, but will be a lot quicker into and out of his breaks because he's got a leaner frame. He's better suited to beat opposing defenses over the top. The Niners need a big target in the passing game outside of Vernon Davis, and Randle could be that guy.


So tired of hearing this s**t...not that it's not true, but Crabtree was suppose to be the lock of all locks.... A complete "steal" at 10. Now he's not even a number one and is just a solid two? That just pisses me off and makes me jaded to this whole process. None of these clowns like Mayock and Kiper had any idea how good Aldon Smith could be, if they did they would of jizzed all over the camera when he was drafted. Truth is, no one knows anything.
I would not be willing to spend the #30 pick on this guy. Someone will drop, and we should snag BPA in the first.

I do like him or hill at our second round pick, but in the first is too early IMO. Take BPA in the first, then take one of the large second teir guys in the second. Then take a sleeper pick guy like Elvis Akpla In the final rounds. I fully expect atleast two WR to be drafted this year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
He is another Crabtree including the height. There is no way that dude is 6'4. He's 6'2 tops

He is very much like Crabtree. Probably about 6-3, but don't see him as much of a jump ball or speed threat.

His game reminds me 0 of Crabtrees. While MC made a name for himself in college catching the ball in the intermediate range, and plucking it out of the air, then running with it, Randel does not seem natural doing this. In fact, he seems very weak to me, and is easily taken down on contact. He does, however, look very natural catching the ball over his shoulder going deep, something Crabtree does not do naturally.