Not a member? Register Now!

Rueben Randle WR LSU

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Kind of reminds me of Crabtree

He reminds me nothing of Crabtree... He reminds me of Hakeem Nicks more than anything.

OK
dont take it seriously... I was not Maddogin ya lol.

No not that. He plucks the ball out of the year like Crabtree. Mainly though, he looks just like him with the ball in his hands... YAC.

Someone mentioned his height and his arm span. I forgot it's draft season. Everyone takes everything so literally and thinks they are an NFL scout this time of year.

I agree with you about draft season and I am by far from an NFL scout. I can see where he may remind you of Crabtree in a sense but he is alot physical like Hakeem Nicks.
I like Rueben Randle a lot. I would love to draft him in the 2nd round. I like his size, hands, and YAC potential. As a pass catcher he is so smooth, at the last minute he flashes his hands and plucks the ball out of the air. The one thing I don't like about him, he doesn't extend his arms to catch the ball. I like the idea of having Crabtree, Randle, Morgan, Williams, and Ginn as our receiver. We may not have a legit number one, but we would have some solid number 2's in Crabtree, Randle and may be Morgan.

If Randle is not available I would like to pick up Nick Toon, Dwight Jones, or Stephen Hill not necessarily in that order. I'm not feeling Mohamed Sanu like a lot of people on this board.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I like Rueben Randle a lot. I would love to draft him in the 2nd round. I like his size, hands, and YAC potential. As a pass catcher he is so smooth, at the last minute he flashes his hands and plucks the ball out of the air. The one thing I don't like about him, he doesn't extend his arms to catch the ball. I like the idea of having Crabtree, Randle, Morgan, Williams, and Ginn as our receiver. We may not have a legit number one, but we would have some solid number 2's in Crabtree, Randle and may be Morgan.

If Randle is not available I would like to pick up Nick Toon, Dwight Jones, or Stephen Hill not necessarily in that order. I'm not feeling Mohamed Sanu like a lot of people on this board.

I noticed that about him and thought the same thing. I would be happy with him and signing Robert Meachem, Reggie Wayne, or Colston and calling it a wrap.
Here are some highlights of Randle's freshman year at LSU. There are a few catches where he extends his arms to catch the football.

[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Jan 27, 2012 at 7:41 PM ]
I think there is some good to his game, but Randle would be a little risky pick for us. Does not posses elite speed or size/height, and it's very worrisome he could get little to no separation against Alabama. With NFL coaching, he could be expected to become a solid receiver, but if you're looking for star potential, you might want to look elsewhere.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think there is some good to his game, but Randle would be a little risky pick for us. Does not posses elite speed or size/height, and it's very worrisome he could get little to no separation against Alabama. With NFL coaching, he could be expected to become a solid receiver, but if you're looking for star potential, you might want to look elsewhere.
Being a good receiver is not all about speed. A good example of this is Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, and Wes Welker. Randle is listed at 6'-4" 208 lbs. I don't expect him to measure below 6'-3". I'm sure Rueben can add muscle (weight) to his body. I think we both agree Alabama had one of the best if not the best defense in the country last year. I don't think we can totally contribute LSU's lack of offense against Alabama to Rueben Randle ability to get separation from Alabama's corners. Just going by his highlights, Rueben did a good job of getting separation in the SEC. You also have to remember what's covered in college is considered open in the NFL. In the NFL it's all about ball placement. Receiver are not going to have two steps on corners in the NFL.
Here is another clip of Rurban Randle.

[ Edited by TXNinerFan52 on Jan 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM ]
Catches into his body a little too much, but looks good, esp if he can be had in later second ot third. Doesn't look 6'4" though.
Doesnt remind me of Crabtree except for some of his YAC... even then I dont know what you guys are seeing. He catches with his body, plays more like Morgan or V. Davis.
Looks impressive.

Trading back sounds good at this point.
I'm a fan of Randle. He was the #1 rated WR in his class coming out of high school.

I think he is flying under the radar right now because he didn't have eye-popping numbers at LSU. A run-heavy offense with supbar QB play hurt his production.

However, he is a big play threat evidenced by his 18.1 yards per catch. Even SEC defenses had trouble matching up with his Size/Speed.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
After Rueben runs a 4.5 in 40 yards he will no longer be under the radar. He will either be a Texan or a 49er at the end of the draft.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
After Rueben runs a 4.5 in 40 yards he will no longer be under the radar. He will either be a Texan or a 49er at the end of the draft.

I am sooooo ready for the combine.
Just like some of the other big receivers, the question is how well can he get separation? His performances against Alabama didn't help him in that regard. He has looked slow, sometimes hesitant getting into his routes, however he is highly talented with solid hands, I think a team will have to decide how well think think he'll be able to handle NFL level cornerbacks to be able to get open to make plays. As for many others, his results at the combine could represent the difference whether he winds up in the late 1st round or late 3rd round.
One knock on him is Alabama totally shut him down...he'll be facing the best college players every week in the NFL. I'd rather go with Jeffrey in 1st rd and TE Coby Fleener in 2nd. Two big targets who'll be tough to defend in the RZ.