There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we trade our 2013 first round pick ?

No thx, dont want any Raiders-moves at all. Our biggest needs can be filled very well this year, thx to deep WR-, CB- and OG-classes respectively.
Originally posted by dj43:
Would you move up to 15 for Michael Floyd?

He is my target and I would give up a 2013 1st and a 2nd the following year to get him.

I don't think the gap between Sanu and Floyd is even that big to lose an extra first round pick. No thanks.
Last year Atlanta traded a mint to move up and get Julio Jones to help make their offense one of the best in the league and get them to the Super Bowl this year. Look where that got them.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Last year Atlanta traded a mint to move up and get Julio Jones to help make their offense one of the best in the league and get them to the Super Bowl this year. Look where that got them.
This...Giving half of your farm away for an offensive player though you have needs all over the opposite side of the ball is hllarious.
Thank god you are not the GM. Trading pick 30 for a second and a third rounder, then trading both 3's to move into round 2 would give you 3 second rounders. 3 picks in the top 60, not bad. And that is not sacrificing your future.

I would rather trade our pick #2 for a first rounder next year. Doesn't that sound great? If yes, then why would you want to take a second for next years 1.
Originally posted by lamontb:
All depends. I really don't think there is a prospect in this draft worth it.

He is my target and I would give up a 2013 1st and a 2nd the following year to get him.

I like Floyd but i wouldn't give up a 1st and a 2nd for him. I would have gave that up for Calvin Johnson or AJ green but not Floyd.

On second thought, my give up doesn't fit the value chart but I would make the move if we could get him in the teens. This guy is more talented than a JJ Stokes. He comes from a big school that plays against solid opponents all season. He has all the components to be a true #1. The only reason I hear for him not being projected in the top 10 is the DUI issue.
Now that the rookie salaries have been drastically reduced, 1st round picks are GOLD. thats what made the Raiders trade for Palmer so awful. now that you can potentially add a superstar player for a reasonable price? never trade those picks away. Besides, now that were good again, teams wont really want our picks that badly. theres a pretty big gap between the players taken in the 1st round (even late 1st), and the end of the 2nd round.
No. This is not a deep draft class, so forfeiting a first next year for a second this year is not good value.

Plus, let's be real. The Niners are probably not going to be drafting at number 30 next season. I see a correction going back the other direction, maybe to the 2nd-24th slot. I think free agency is going to be unkind to us this year.
In Baalke I trust!

I like Floyd but i wouldn't give up a 1st and a 2nd for him. I would have gave that up for Calvin Johnson or AJ green but not Floyd.

if were keeping this years first (30 pick) i would do that in a heartbeat

pick up floyd at lets say 15

then at 30 pick up a RG, maybee kendal wright or a CB

thats defintially worth it
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

if were keeping this years first (30 pick) i would do that in a heartbeat

pick up floyd at lets say 15

then at 30 pick up a RG, maybee kendal wright or a CB

thats defintially worth it

That sounds more plausible. I was assuming that we would be swapping 1st round picks this year as well as giving up the picks next year.
NO!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Not a valid comparison since Jones was injured most of the time from week 6 to 12. When he was healthy he showed plenty of reasons why Atlanta made the trade, though I believe they overpaid to get him.
dont really want to move up or down, would like to stay where we are. But i trust baalke to make any moves he does
HELL NO! We should draft the biggest and best WR or DB that fall to us in the first.