There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we trade our 2013 first round pick ?

Hear me out ...I know it could be a gamble, but if we trade our 2013 1st rounder for a 2012 2nd rounder, we could add even more punch to the roster for 2012

Next season we could take a BIG step, and by adding more young talent for next season, the better the chance we have to go all the way next year.

Just think??, we could use our first three picks on some great talent at WR, CB, RG and use the rest of our picks on the best players available, and in 2013 our team could be SO stocked with talent that not having our 2013 first rounder wont phase us, this upcoming draft will be very deep, it would be awesome to have another pick in the first 2 rounds ....and I know this is not Madden ..but for next year I want us to be in the best position possible to develop a DOMINATING TEAM ...

Just an idea ...what do you guys think ??
It's possible and may be a good idea depends on what we could get from FA and who the FO is high on drafting. Just like the defense with the infusion of a couple of guys to get it to championship caliber this year, I think the offense is really close to being very potent with a couple more guys.
absolutley not. experts get so many picks wrong in the 1st round, the 2nd round is not any better.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Hear me out ...I know it could be a gamble, but if we trade our 2013 1st rounder for a 2012 2nd rounder, we could add even more punch to the roster for 2012

Next season we could take a BIG step, and by adding more young talent for next season, the better the chance we have to go all the way next year.

Just think??, we could use our first three picks on some great talent at WR, CB, RG and use the rest of our picks on the best players available, and in 2013 our team could be SO stocked with talent that not having our 2013 first rounder wont phase us, this upcoming draft will be very deep, it would be awesome to have another pick in the first 2 rounds ....and I know this is not Madden ..but for next year I want us to be in the best position possible to develop a DOMINATING TEAM ...

Personally, I hope we get a Bowe or Vincent Jackson type WR. A Grubbs or Nicks at OG in FA. Along with a 4th WR that can serve as backup returner. (Parrish or Royal) Then just draft defense heavy in the draft. Keep this dominant defense coming for years and years.
"FOR WHO FOR WHAT?"

Sincerely,
Ricky Watters
High risk/high reward.

This team is one top level WR away from the Super Bowl.

25 years ago, Bill Walsh rolled the dice by trading up for a guy he felt would solve the one remaining key need the team had. A lot of "experts" questioned the move. They cited the high risk of picking WRs, the amount of value given up to draft this guy, they cited other needs on the team such as interior line strength, and other issues. However, Walsh went ahead and moved up to draft Jerry Rice anyway.
Originally posted by krizay:

Personally, I hope we get a Bowe or Vincent Jackson type WR. A Grubbs or Nicks at OG in FA. Along with a 4th WR that can serve as backup returner. (Parrish or Royal) Then just draft defense heavy in the draft. Keep this dominant defense coming for years and years.

I feel the same way,,, we also need a big RB,, Dixon dances too much,,,,, we need a Trent Richardson type.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

You do realize that signing Bowe/VJAX & Grubbs/Nicks would cost anywhere from 16-20 million in next years cap???? If we sign Alex, Rogers and Franchise Goldson to the rumored contracts of 8 Mill a year plus the 6.5 franchise tag that adds up to 22.5....Even at 16 mill + 22.5 were already at 38.5 of the 43 million in cap we'd have if we carried over. We'd barely have enough money to sign Constanzo and Morgan to new deals, let alone any other free agents.....

EDIT: I'm not even including Brooks in that scenario...He'll probably cost 5 or 6 million to retain just in terms of the 2012 cap #.....
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 25, 2012 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
High risk/high reward.

This team is one top level WR away from the Super Bowl.

25 years ago, Bill Walsh rolled the dice by trading up for a guy he felt would solve the one remaining key need the team had. A lot of "experts" questioned the move. They cited the high risk of picking WRs, the amount of value given up to draft this guy, they cited other needs on the team such as interior line strength, and other issues. However, Walsh went ahead and moved up to draft Jerry Rice anyway.

Nice

I would have said HELL NO to swapping a 1st rounder later and getting a 2nd now if Singletary and Scotty were still pulling the strings .....But I have faith in Baalke and Harbaugh to find the right players to make it work
All depends. I really don't think there is a prospect in this draft worth it.
Originally posted by lamontb:
All depends. I really don't think there is a prospect in this draft worth it.

Would you move up to 15 for Michael Floyd?

He is my target and I would give up a 2013 1st and a 2nd the following year to get him.
NO!

I'd rather trade down this year get an extra 2nd and 3rd or pick up a 1st next year and a 3rd this year.

Alot of very good prospects to be had in the 1st three rounds this year that could help us out.

Plus we very well might get our impact #1 wr in FA!
usually im against it

but we are 1 WR away from being a SB team

hell we were a SB team this year but were 1 WR away from being an elite team offensivly and deffensivly

so yes im in favor of doing it
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
If its to get Michael Floyd, Im in!