LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Senior Bowl 2012 predictions

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I would really be surprised if Criner cracks the top 100. He has played fairly well this week, but there are a lot of issues to overcome: health concerns, speed limitations. I jjust don't see him being a guy generating much interest until the 4th round.

Yeh, I definitely wasn't implying that he would be our first round pick, but his performance this week does seem to make some case for him going much earlier than people think. With a few other WRs disappointing, and having question marks surrounding them, I would say he has a chance to surprise. Again, not round 1, but late 2 or 3 is possible.
Cordy Glenn clearly the best player during practice. Handled Coples, Upshaw, Ingram effortlessly today at LT and LG. Then runs all the way across the field leading a sweep, squares up on Janoris Jenkins and blows him out. Dude is big, strong, long, and athletic. Special special stuff. Cementing himself a top 20 pick for sure.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Yeh, I definitely wasn't implying that he would be our first round pick, but his performance this week does seem to make some case for him going much earlier than people think. With a few other WRs disappointing, and having question marks surrounding them, I would say he has a chance to surprise. Again, not round 1, but late 2 or 3 is possible.

We will see. Needs to run well at the combine and check out medically.

We will see. Needs to run well at the combine and check out medically.

who is your favorite reciever there?
Cordy Glenn clearly the best player during practice. Handled Coples, Upshaw, Ingram effortlessly today at LT and LG. Then runs all the way across the field leading a sweep, squares up on Janoris Jenkins and blows him out. Dude is big, strong, long, and athletic. Special special stuff. Cementing himself a top 20 pick for sure.

dude looks like the real deal, looks good in the drills.
The guy getting great reviews is Juron Criner. Everything I read consistently praises him. A few weeks back Russ Lande mocked him to us in the 1st. Looked insane back then. Now maybe a little less insane

Still looks insane to me. List out all the guys you consider 1st, and 2nd rounders and Criner isn't in that list. I have no qualms putting up a 100% guarantee that Criner will not go in the 1st or 2nd round.

Criner has about a 25% chance of going somewhere in the 3rd, but most likely will be selected after that.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Still looks insane to me. List out all the guys you consider 1st, and 2nd rounders and Criner isn't in that list. I have no qualms putting up a 100% guarantee that Criner will not go in the 1st or 2nd round.

Criner has about a 25% chance of going somewhere in the 3rd, but most likely will be selected after that.

I'm not arguing that he will go in the 1st (even though my post sounds like I might have done that). But Sr. Bowls often skyrocket players, and I don't think you can guarantee that he won't go in the 2nd, especially towards the end of it
after following practice reports closer than I ever have, these are the guys I'm looking forward to watching on Saturday:

North

QB: Kirk Cousins - should easily be the best looking signal caller for that team, although it'll be interesting to see whether Moore/Wilson show their "gamer" side.
RB: Doug Martin - by all accounts the best RB in Mobile.
WR: TJ Graham & Marvin Jones - when it's all said and done they may have made the biggest jump on many boards.
TE: Michael Egnew - has gotten very mixed reviews, but he's still easily the best TE on that roster.
OL: Mike Adams - seems to have solidified himself as the top senior OT, should be the 4th OT taken and will probably go in the first round, LT potential, he can looked great at times and still seems to have a lot of room for improvements (honorable mention to Mitchell Schwartz and Kevin Zeitler)
DL: lots of guys to like here, but probably most looking forward to Mike Martin and Vinny Curry.
LB: I'm intrigued to see Cam Johnson rushing the passer, think he can be a DE in the NFL
CB: Josh Norman - even though he was a late add, he's definitely a target for the 49ers. Also Jamell Fleming.
S: George Iloka - the FS from Boise State might be the first safety off the board after Barron and Martin

South

QB: Weeden - hands down the best QB at the Senior Bowl, I think he's solidified himself as a day 2 pick, still think his age ONLY keeps him out of the first round.
RB: Chris Rainey - might be the fastest player in the whole draft - don't miss him run the 40 at the combine folks
WR: Joe Adams - almost by default, coming into this week I was looking forward to seeing Dwight Jones and Jeff Fuller but man have they disappointed me.
TE: Ladarius Green - reminds me of that TE the Cardinals drafted last season whose name escapes me at the moment but who I think will be a starter in the NFL (anyone, anyone?)
OL: Gordy Glenn - MadDog has already told you about him I have nothing else to add, I'm curious to see Matt McCants from UAB as well.
DL: Courtney Upshaw - he's working himself into a likely top 10 pick.
LB: coming into this week it was Emmanuel Acho, it's now Zach Brown, has All-Pro potential.
CB: Janoris Jenkins - but Casey Hayward and Brandon Boykin intrigue me as well.
S: Markelle Martin - he's the top FS in the draft, and has not let down this week in Mobile. Look out for Brandon Taylor - the kid from LSU lays wood, at worst will make a roster as a ST stud but will eventually be a starter at SS.
I have to say that the NFL Network's coverage of Senior Bowl week was poor compared to the past few years. Too many talking heads and not enough action on the field. Pay per view
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]

Does Rainey have return skills as well? so he's basically a non migraine version of Percy Harvin. Niners need that type of explosive player on the offense
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
who is your favorite reciever there?

Mixed reviews on Quick, but I think he still emerges as the best big WR of the group. Deep speed and length = big plays. Plus, huge red zone target.

Of the small guys, Chris Rainey is silly fast. He made some pretty talented CB's look mediocre. Casey Heyward, who I think is a pretty good CB, was beaten so badly by him Tuesday that he was 10-15 yards away at one point. Will be the fastest guy at the combine, and fastest rookie in the NFL. Might be the fastest player in the NFL.

TJ Graham had a great week, and Joe Adams can move.

All four of these guys stand out to me.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Does Rainey have return skills as well? so he's basically a non migraine version of Percy Harvin. Niners need that type of explosive player on the offense

He has returned punts at Florida, and blocked the punt versus Ohio State for a TD.

Needs to answer questions about the arrest for sending a threatening text message at the combine
Damn, it's looking like Dwight Jones might take an Arelious Benn-type of drop in the draft
Originally posted by lamontb:

harvin is more built and can take nfl hits easier, with rainey you gotta be careful with him. would like rainey for his speed alone as a returner and slot wr
Share 49ersWebzone