LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

JReff22 Mock v.1

San Francisco trades their 1st round pick (32) with Miami for their 2nd (41) and 3rd (73). Miami moves up to take their future QB, leapfrogging both Washington and Seattle before they can make any moves on Day 2.

2. Dwight Jones, WR
6'4, 225

2. Bruce Irvin, OLB
6'2, 245

3. Kevin Zeitler, OG
6'4, 318

3. TY Hilton, WR
5'10, 184

4. Harrison Smith, SS
6'2, 215

5. Micah Pellerin, CB
6'0,195

6. Evan Rodriguez, FB-TE-H Back
6'1, 242

7. Brandon Hardin, FS
6'3, 222

If you see them listed they have been resigned, if not, then they are gone.

Depth Chart
QB- Smith, Kaepernick, Tolzien
RB- Gore, Hunter, Dixon
FB- Miller, Rodriguez*
WR- Crabtree, Jones*, Williams, Morgan, Hilton*, Ginn
TE- Davis, Walker, Byham
OG- Iupati, Zeitler*, Snyder
OT- Staley, Davis, Boone, Person
C- Goodwin, Kilgore

DE- Smith, McDonald, Dobbs,
DT- Sopoaga, Jean Francois, Tukuafu
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Grant, Costanzo
OLB- Brooks, Smith, Haralson, Irvin*
CB- Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Brock, Pellerin*
FS- Goldson, Jones, Hardin* (Practice Squad)
SS- Whitner, Smith*, Spillman

ST- Akers, Lee, Jennings

Videos of players on page 3
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM ]
I'd love to have this intimidating looking monster on our D

Like the way you think I would tweak it a bit I would select Ilotka instead of Hilton in the 3rd and then pick Devon Wylie in the 7th round
I also would select a DT in the 4th round (Jean-Baptiste)
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:13 AM ]
No CB until the 5th? No thanks
Jreff my man, you mean business
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Like the way you think I would tweak it a bit I would select Ilotka instead of Hilton in the 3rd and then pick Devon Wylie in the 7th round
I also would select a DT in the 4th round (Jean-Baptiste)

c/s these tweaks
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'd love to have this intimidating looking monster on our D

He looks like the Marshawn Lynch of pass rushers.
jreff,
You take is about the best plan I've seen.Trading down may be exactly what takes places. Getting Jones and Irvin makes great sense as they would almost certainly be starters and fill the team's most pressing needs (even if Brooks stays). An OG in the third makes sense to, but the Niners should try to acquire a C/G in FA (probably not Nicks who's too expensive). Hilton is intriguing and would fill a place. In certain situations, using Hilton, Williams, Ginn and Vernon on field at the same time could tax a defense set up to defend the run. I don't agree with valrod about the team needing a high-placed CB. Safety is a bigger concern. There's not much behind Goldson and Whitner. I like Orlando's suggestion of Baptiste. The Niners need another backup on the DL. Baptiste would play immediately on short yardage situations.

Good job.
I like the trading down idea. I mentioned that in another thread and also chose Dwight Jones as our first pick. I think the guy can become a monster in the NFL. As for the Bruce Irvin pick, I'm torn. I'm torn because I would LOVE to add him to our pass rush, but I would prefer to select a corner like Casey Hayward there. Other then that, I love the mock.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Solid draft and trade, I hope our draft really does look something like that.

And I see what you did there at Safety, I'd also like to see Colin Jones in the line-up or more than just Special Teams.

If Michael Floyd is doesn't fall to us, Dwight Jones is definitely my next choice, but I'd like to see us draft two big bodies at receiver. Maybe Greg Childs in the later rounds instead of drafting another Safety.

Looks good, but the thing is our draft needs can change dramatically based on who we re-sign. By the looks of it, we have 10 FAs and if one of them is gone, we end up with a hole on the depth chart.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Looks good, but the thing is our draft needs can change dramatically based on who we re-sign. By the looks of it, we have 10 FAs and if one of them is gone, we end up with a hole on the depth chart.

That is reality right there that I'm sure will happen, hey its a business. And I have a lot of confidence in Baalke and Harbaugh.....now I do at least.
Love the idea of trading back and accumulating picks, which bring up a really interesting question. If/when we win it all, does that change how we go about things in the off-season? In other words, after winning a championship, is it smarter to let some of your key free agents walk (Rogers, Brooks, Morgan, Ginn to be specific) and develop younger/cheaper players as a more sustained, longer-term approach to winning? Or do you try and keep your current roster in tact as much as possible, open up the checkbook for your current veterans and ride this wave?

Maybe it's a blending of the two, I don't know, but after we get our 6th ring in a few weeks, we'll all find out.

Btw, Pellerin is my favorite prospect here, though I think he's going to move up the boards come April. I like Dwight Jones, but I think we need someone who not only has size, but can also threaten downfield (especially if we resign Morgan)....IMO, guys like Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle are more viable in that area.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Love the idea of trading back and accumulating picks, which bring up a really interesting question. If/when we win it all, does that change how we go about things in the off-season? In other words, after winning a championship, is it smarter to let some of your key free agents walk (Rogers, Brooks, Morgan, Ginn to be specific) and develop younger/cheaper players as a more sustained, longer-term approach to winning? Or do you try and keep your current roster in tact as much as possible, open up the checkbook for your current veterans and ride this wave?

Maybe it's a blending of the two, I don't know, but after we get our 6th ring in a few weeks, we'll all find out.

Btw, Pellerin is my favorite prospect here, though I think he's going to move up the boards come April. I like Dwight Jones, but I think we need someone who not only has size, but can also threaten downfield (especially if we resign Morgan)....IMO, guys like Tommy Streeter, Stephen Hill and Rueben Randle are more viable in that area.
I think Harbaugh's MO is to "get better." IMO, he and Baalke will keep the most financially viable and productive players as possible. They then will look to upgrade at a few spots and plug some holes elsewhere. I don't think they'll "ride the wave."

Should the Niners with the SB, everyone will come hunting for them next year. Also, with the slew of top QBs they'll face next year, they'll have to get better to even remain level.
instead of hilton in the 3rd...lets take a CB and then its a perfect draft IMO
Share 49ersWebzone