There are 197 users in the forums

WE NEED PLAYMAKERS!

Originally posted by lamontb:
I like Colston but he's slow as dust. We need one guy with some actual speed, and size. But I'd take Colston and I don't think you have to break the bank for him. a fair market deal should get him signed.

and when did 6'3 become small for tight ends?

hes not fast

but he certainly isnt slow

and they arent many people who can run better routes than him
I one milion percent agree the Niners need play makers in the draft. I want to puke when people put guard or center for rounds 1 and 2. The team needs speed and play making ability. Look how alson smith has transformed the defense. Heck if BPA is another pass rusher in rounds 1 or 2 I would be up for that also.

WR
CB
OLB
  • 1st Rd, we must take BPA, regardless of the position (Rashad Woods?). It would be ideal if the BPA on the Niners board was a CB or WR

• Passing game: Niners must upgrade their talent at WR and maybe even TE. Either through FA or early picks, hopefully both. They need to give Alex more weapons who can get separation.

• CB: I like the idea of grabbing another Culliver type. Maybe someone in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that can develop.

• #3 RB slot: I'd like to see the Niners nab a rookie to compete with Dixon. Gore obviously is #1, Hunter is a nice C.O.P. back. If a rookie RB play maker could beat out Dixon, I think that helps the team now and in the future when Gore finally slows down. But I don't think that needs a 1st or 2nd round pick. Maybe later in the draft.
I'd be stoke to have a huge target like graham or grok alongside Vernon
Originally posted by 9erred:
I one milion percent agree the Niners need play makers in the draft. I want to puke when people put guard or center for rounds 1 and 2. The team needs speed and play making ability. Look how alson smith has transformed the defense. Heck if BPA is another pass rusher in rounds 1 or 2 I would be up for that also.

WR
CB
OLB

I'm with you. Nicks is a great guard, but coming out he was just a big RT, with questionable mobility. There's always guys like that that could excel at RG. We've spent too many early picks on the Oline. We need playmakers. Crab is a possession guy and Morgan isnt a whole lot better at stretching the field or breaking things open. Ginn is purely a returner and Kyle is a nice option in the slot. It's not fair to Smith that his best deep threat is a TE. We haven't really gave him the tools to succeed.

We don't have much sipped or size at receiver. That's what we need.

I know its a stretch, but I'm hoping that the Jets cut Santonio Holmes and he lands in SF.
Originally posted by strickac:

WR
CB
OLB

I'm with you. Nicks is a great guard, but coming out he was just a big RT, with questionable mobility. There's always guys like that that could excel at RG. We've spent too many early picks on the Oline. We need playmakers. Crab is a possession guy and Morgan isnt a whole lot better at stretching the field or breaking things open. Ginn is purely a returner and Kyle is a nice option in the slot. It's not fair to Smith that his best deep threat is a TE. We haven't really gave him the tools to succeed.

I know its a stretch, but I'm hoping that the Jets cut Santonio Holmes and he lands in SF.
NOOOOOOOOO TO HOLMES!!!!!!!!! dude is a me 1st guy and imagine if he was asked to block more than catch passes here like he would be asked to. there are a bunch of potential play making wrs in free agency that arent locker room killing divas
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by strickac:

WR
CB
OLB

NOOOOOOOOO TO HOLMES!!!!!!!!! dude is a me 1st guy and imagine if he was asked to block more than catch passes here like he would be asked to. there are a bunch of potential play making wrs in free agency that arent locker room killing divas

He's a jackass, which is why I think the Jets might dump him. It's a long shot, but we need a speed guy. We took a shot on Braylon too. I don't think Harbaugh is afraid of bringing on someone like him. If he acts out, the team will set him straight. If not, he'll be gone.

In FA, I want Colston or Vincent Jackson. Bowe is overrated, IMO. He drops way too many; although, he has the physical skill set that would fit nicely.
we need to find a way to get michael floyd!!!! that guy will be a stud in our system
Originally posted by Butter:
  • 1st Rd, we must take BPA, regardless of the position (Rashad Woods?). It would be ideal if the BPA on the Niners board was a CB or WR

• Passing game: Niners must upgrade their talent at WR and maybe even TE. Either through FA or early picks, hopefully both. They need to give Alex more weapons who can get separation.

• CB: I like the idea of grabbing another Culliver type. Maybe someone in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that can develop.

• #3 RB slot: I'd like to see the Niners nab a rookie to compete with Dixon. Gore obviously is #1, Hunter is a nice C.O.P. back. If a rookie RB play maker could beat out Dixon, I think that helps the team now and in the future when Gore finally slows down. But I don't think that needs a 1st or 2nd round pick. Maybe later in the draft.

Love the comments, Butter... Completely agree on all counts and I appreciate that you saved me the trouble of writing a similar post.

Cheers!
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Jan 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM ]
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Love the comments, Butter... Completely agree on all counts and I appreciate that you saved me the trouble of writing a similar post.

Cheers!

Thanks man. The really great thing is that I finally have faith in Balke and crew to make the right call either way.

Vincent Jackson!
I don't even care that Holmes is a me 1st guy most wr's are. He's just not that good. I wouldn't mind vincent
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like Colston but he's slow as dust. We need one guy with some actual speed, and size. But I'd take Colston and I don't think you have to break the bank for him. a fair market deal should get him signed.

and when did 6'3 become small for tight ends?

hes not fast

but he certainly isnt slow

and they arent many people who can run better routes than him
i thought he ran like a 4.73 or something like that in the draft. I remember b/c he had a pretty good rookie year and they talked about how he was the slowest wr's in the draft thus why he was drafted so late. Either way I do agree that he runs perfect routes. And he knows how to get open and make himself a easy target for the qb.
Share 49ersWebzone