LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Mock draft version 2.0

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Niners need more help on offense. The first two picks being defense cuts against that. Crick may not play much next year, let alone start. Replacing Justin Smith for more than a few plays a game is a waste. Having a first string backup is too much of a luxury at this point. Same goes for Irvin. Who sits to let him play? Unless the Niners have already used FA to add at least one starter to the OL and WRs, then I pass on defensive players in the first three rounds.
You have to go after BPA in general, if Crick is a clear BPA, get him. I dont want Baalke to reach for a WR, this class is deep enough. Furthermore, the TO argued that Crick will be picked if certain players are off the board. And he is right about the issue that if RayMac and/or Justin go down, we will have a huge problem. Last but not least, Crick could give our 1st-teamers some rest during the game.

I think these are great points... Both Justin Smith and R McDonald have played the vast majority of snaps this season. With Smith in his early 30s and McDonald gritting it out all season with various aches and pains, at the very least the Niners need to add a good veteran or a high draft pick on a DLman to provide some help for these guys.

To get a prospect like Crick would be a great value near the end of the first round IMHO. Before he got injured, he was considered by many to be a top 15 pick....and he would get great mentoring from J Smith, providing the team with nice continuity going into the future.

These are the kind of picks Walsh used to jump on in the 80s. Guys like Pierce Holt and Kevin f*gan were drafted in the lower rounds because of injury histories and they excelled for the team, contributing to back-to-back titles.

Also, unless an obvious great prospect like Floyd falls to the Niners at the end of the first, it makes sense to get the BPA at a position of need....DE, OG, WR, OLB, C, CB or S. That gives the team a lot of flexibility.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Niners need more help on offense. The first two picks being defense cuts against that. Crick may not play much next year, let alone start. Replacing Justin Smith for more than a few plays a game is a waste. Having a first string backup is too much of a luxury at this point. Same goes for Irvin. Who sits to let him play? Unless the Niners have already used FA to add at least one starter to the OL and WRs, then I pass on defensive players in the first three rounds.
You have to go after BPA in general, if Crick is a clear BPA, get him. I dont want Baalke to reach for a WR, this class is deep enough. Furthermore, the TO argued that Crick will be picked if certain players are off the board. And he is right about the issue that if RayMac and/or Justin go down, we will have a huge problem. Last but not least, Crick could give our 1st-teamers some rest during the game.

I think these are great points... Both Justin Smith and R McDonald have played the vast majority of snaps this season. With Smith in his early 30s and McDonald gritting it out all season with various aches and pains, at the very least the Niners need to add a good veteran or a high draft pick on a DLman to provide some help for these guys.

To get a prospect like Crick would be a great value near the end of the first round IMHO. Before he got injured, he was considered by many to be a top 15 pick....and he would get great mentoring from J Smith, providing the team with nice continuity going into the future.

These are the kind of picks Walsh used to jump on in the 80s. Guys like Pierce Holt and Kevin f*gan were drafted in the lower rounds because of injury histories and they excelled for the team, contributing to back-to-back titles.

Also, unless an obvious great prospect like Floyd falls to the Niners at the end of the first, it makes sense to get the BPA at a position of need....DE, OG, WR, OLB, C, CB or S. That gives the team a lot of flexibility.
I agree!!!
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
To be fair, Dobbs, Tukafu and RJF show promise but none of them can even come close to Crick as a pass rusher.

Dissagree... Crick is just another college player until he puts on some nfl pads. RJF nfl>RJF college
Gotta say I love this draft the more I think about it.

Either Gooden or Grant are going, don't see us keeping both. I think Grant has big trade potential with his play when 52 was out so maybe a trade or draft day move in the works there.

I think if we take Meachem in FA, which I'd love we will let either Ginn or Morgan go.

For some reason, I don't think we draft oline early in the draft or pick up one in FA this year. I think the coachs really like what they have to work with now. I like how we got Kilgore and Pearson late in the draft last year and both looked good in limited preseason time this year. Boone is also coming into his own and will push for a starting job next year.

We would be stout with your draft and Meachem and most of our FA coming back. So fun now rather than having to worry about so many holes to fill like in the past!
Share 49ersWebzone