Yes, it's too early and of course some of these guys will rise and fall like the stock market under the Bush administration. But I thought I'd take a stab at this while we all wait for our Super Bowl tickets.
1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford
No questions? Ok, let's move on.
2. St. Louis Rams - Matt Kalil, OT - USC
Fisher choose protection for Bradford over a playmaker.
3. Minnesota Vikings - Morris Claiborne, CB - LSU
Blackmon is tempting, but old CBs (Frazier) like young CBs.
4. Cleveland Browns - Robert Griffin III, QB - Baylor
Will probably have to trade with the Rams to get Griffin, but we'll save that for later.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Barber is old as dirt and Talib is dumb as a rock.
6. Washington Redskins - Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
Major reach, but Shanny sees a lot of Cutler in Tanny.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon, WR - OSU
No-brainer; Gabbert ducks while his buddies celebrate around him.
8. Carolina Panthers - Devon Still, DT - Penn State
Solid pass rush, but their d-line needs a lot of help
9. Miami Dolphins - Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB - Alabama
Flexible enough to play on his feet or with his hand down.
10. Buffalo Bills - Jonathan Martin, OT - Stanford
Finally time to give Fitzpatrick some help (and more time in the pocket).
11. Kansas City Chiefs - Trent Richardson, RB - Alabama
Teams with Charles to form the NFL's best RB tandem.
12. Seattle Seahawks - Quinton Coples, DE - North Carolina
Coples allows Red Bryant to move back inside at DT
13. Arizona Cardinals - Michael Brockers, DT - LSU
Losing Calais Campbell will be tough, but eased with the addition of Brockers.
14. Dallas Cowboys - Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB - Illinois
Spencer moves on in free agency, Dallas drafts his replacement.
15. Philadelphia Eagles - David DeCastro, OG - Stanford
Typical Andy Reid pick.
16. New York Jets - Michael Floyd, WR - Notre Dame
Plax not likely to return, so the Jets go big at WR.
17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland) - Zach Brown, OLB - North Carolina
Speedy playmaker to compliment an already stout defense.
18. San Diego Chargers - Riley Reiff, OT - Iowa
Finally solidifies a shaky o-line; Chargers will address pass rush in free agency.
19. Chicago Bears - Alshon Jeffery, WR - South Carolina
Huge playmaker for Cutler.
20. Tennessee Titans - Mark Barron, S - Alabama
Griffin to move on in free agency so the Titans find a new leader for their secondary.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Janoris Jenkins, CB - North Alabama
Honey Bengals don't care about Jenkins troubles. Eventual replacement for Clements.
22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta) - Kendall Wright, WR - Baylor
Sure, he's RG3's buddy, but he's also a major vertical threat. Something Cleveland hasn't had since...actually, I can remember when.
23. Detroit Lions - Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia
CB with good size/speed and a perfect fit for the dreadful Lions secondary.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers - Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
Casey Hampton's replacement.
25. Denver Broncos - Mohamed Sanu, WR - Rutgers
Struggled on this one, but he's a big WR in an offense that needs big, tough, fast playmakers on the outside.
26. Houston Texans - Alfonzo Dennard, CB - Nebraska
Eventual replacement for Kareem Jackson.
27. New England Patriots (From NO) - Jerel Worthy, DT - Michigan St.
Finally, the Pats get some youth on the d-line.
28. Green Bay Packers - Nick Perry, DE/OLB - USC
Packers desperate for a pass rusher opposite Matthews.
29. New York Giants - Dont'a Hightower, ILB - Alabama
ILBs just aren't as highly valued in this pass happy league as they used to be; that said, G-Men find a gem.
30. Baltimore Ravens - Luke Kuechly, ILB - Boston College
BPA as usual for Ozzie.
31. New England Patriots - Stephon Gilmore, CB - South Carolina
Continuing to rebuild a patchwork secondary.
32. San Francisco 49ers - Peter Konz, OL - Wisconsin
Well, at least we're picking 32nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM ]