There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OD's Draft 2.0

Im not posting my roster, pretty much we need to try to resign everyone other then Spencer and Chilo.

1. Cordy Glenn OG Georgia 6'5" 330 (not sure where he'll go, i've seen mocks with him in the mid 20's and the early 40s even if we have to move up a few spots RG is the most needed position so we need to go out and get this guy.)
2. Dwight Jones WR UNC 6'4" 224 Big redzone target we need, double digit tds this season.
3. Casey Hayward CB Vandy 5'11" 190 Ballhawk, 7 int's this season should fit right in with our defense.
4. Bretty Roy DE Nevada 6'4" 280 Bigtime DE, 8 sacks 13.5 tfl
5. Wiliam Vlachos C Bama 6'1" 292 Could step in as the next center for our team.
6. Micah Pellerin CB Hampton 6'0" 195 small school Cb should be a good pick.
7. Dale Moss South Dakota St. 6'3" 220 Got this pick from OTC late round "Colston" type gamble.
[ Edited by OtisDriftwood on Jan 16, 2012 at 6:25 PM ]
dont like cordy glen...i feel we can resign synder or prep up kilgore. and i really dont want to spend a 1st round and 4th rounder on O-line men. rather get a WR or a promising cover CB if one falls to us in the first. I like the Dwight Jones pick tho!
Glenn's suposed to be one of the most athletic big men in quite some time why would u not like that?
Like the CB's
Problem is, there's not gonna be any 1st round caliber WR's avaliable at our pick IMO. Maybe a Chase Minnifield or Janoris Jenkins but are we sure those two will start over Tarrell Brown? Im not so sure about that.
I like Jenkins over Brown, yes I do, Brown has been winning me over lately though, but I'm still not sold on him 100%
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Glenn's suposed to be one of the most athletic big men in quite some time why would u not like that?

not that i dont like him as an athlete but i wouldnt like to use our 1st pick on him. i feel like we will have more glaring needs next year. our O-line is still growing and building chemistry so IMO i believe they will be a much better unit next year with the same guys. But if he is the best player left on the board im all with ya bro
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't see how a lot of you have the need to take a Guard in the 1st especially since Snyder is playing so well.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I like Jenkins over Brown, yes I do, Brown has been winning me over lately though, but I'm still not sold on him 100%

i like Jenkins too, seems like a true shutdown corner that will boost our defense to new heights. i dont really like to read too much into alcohol and weed charges against draftees but i would like to know if he has a drinking problem or not
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't see how a lot of you have the need to take a Guard in the 1st especially since Snyder is playing so well.

I think if anything, we should focus on a starting-caliber center. I'm not the only one who noticed the OL getting MANHANDLED when Goodwin was out for a quarter and Snyder had to play C with Rachal next to him.

I hope to God never to see Rachal in the game for us again. He was STEAMROLLED by the Saints DL, who by the way were one of the worst pass-pressuring groups in the NFL. There's a reason they had to blitz so much.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

i think we're blinded a bit, Snyders not playing "so" well he's just not making all the mistakes that Chilo made when he was in. Anyone who thinks we couldnt use a upgrade at RG is sorely mistaken. Plus Snyders a free agent he may think he's worth more then he is, Ala Justin Smiley. I do agree CB, G, and WR are possibly the only positions we could draft that a player could come right in and start. The weakest is WR and I just dont think any WR will be avaliable at our late round pick at #1. Thats why I took a big badass guard.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think if anything, we should focus on a starting-caliber center. I'm not the only one who noticed the OL getting MANHANDLED when Goodwin was out for a quarter and Snyder had to play C with Rachal next to him.

I hope to God never to see Rachal in the game for us again. He was STEAMROLLED by the Saints DL, who by the way were one of the worst pass-pressuring groups in the NFL. There's a reason they had to blitz so much.

So why focus on a center when goodwins signed to a 3 year contract and snyders about to be a free agent why not take a big guard instead of a center that will have to sit behind Goodwin and then we'd still have the hole at Guard unless the backup center can swing to guard. It just makes more sense to take the position of need .
Otc I think you've said before that Snyder is more of a backup guy. I think he does well at all positions on the line. He's needed just not needed to be the starting guard imo.

For me my guess is they wouldnt draft Jenkins cause of his off the field issues.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Which Jenkins, Janoris?? The guy is another Pacman, I'd rather have Hayward or Minnifield to challenge Brown.