There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

More Sleepers who will de drafted very late , or not at all

In other threads Devon Wylie and Demario Belcher are mentioned as potential late round sleepers in Belcher's case he very well may be left undrafted (by the way in most sites he is listed as 6-5). In Wylie's case he may be the fastest player to be draft eligible this year, besides being lighntning fast he is solid reciever and punt returner.
here are a few other sleepers to keep in mind
Conroy Black CB Utah 6-0 190 4.35...he has developed into a very good cover CB with ballhaking skills, Has had excellent coaching in Utah.
Micah Pellerin CB Hampton 6-0 195 4.42... Athletic, physical, has with very good height, quick feet and good ball skills, Craves matching up one-on-one
Joel Figueroa G Miami 6-5 325 5.26...Career stricken by injuries however he made a name for himself because of his pancake blocks. A true mauler
Donte Paige-Moss OLB/DE Nort Carolina 6-4 260 4.67...Has a knack for getting to the QB, excellent size and athleticism Injury is main concern
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
In other threads Devon Wylie and Demario Belcher are mentioned as potential late round sleepers in Belcher's case he very well may be left undrafted (by the way in most sites he is listed as 6-5). In Wylie's case he may be the fastest player to be draft eligible this year, besides being lighntning fast he is solid reciever and punt returner.
here are a few other sleepers to keep in mind
Conroy Black CB Utah 6-0 190 4.35...he has developed into a very good cover CB with ballhaking skills, Has had excellent coaching in Utah.
Micah Pellerin CB Hampton 6-0 195 4.42... Athletic, physical, has with very good height, quick feet and good ball skills, Craves matching up one-on-one
Joel Figueroa G Miami 6-5 325 5.26...Career stricken by injuries however he made a name for himself because of his pancake blocks. A true mauler
Donte Paige-Moss OLB/DE Nort Carolina 6-4 260 4.67...Has a knack for getting to the QB, excellent size and athleticism Injury is main concern

Black is a stud. Not trying to hype up a guy from my favorite school but I think he is better then Brandon Burton CB taking by the Vikings in the 5th round last year, Burton had first round buzz going into year but got exposed multiple times because of stiff hips and tendency to play the receiver rather than the ball. Black does everything better than Burton and plays with consistency. He locked down the #1 receiver multiple times this year and allowed for our DL to get some great pressure.
I've had Conroy Black rated pretty high, as a 3rd rounder, right now as the #12 CB but I gotta update it and he will be my #10 CB after I shuffle my board again.

Conroy Black will have a blazing 40 time and have one of the fastest times, plus he has great size. Kind of like Culliver. His athleticism will get him into the 3rd IMO, even though he is raw.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I've had Conroy Black rated pretty high, as a 3rd rounder, right now as the #12 CB but I gotta update it and he will be my #10 CB after I shuffle my board again.

Conroy Black will have a blazing 40 time and have one of the fastest times, plus he has great size. Kind of like Culliver. His athleticism will get him into the 3rd IMO, even though he is raw.

Black is going to have to have a very good off-season to get drafted. He may, because he's very under the radar currently, but as it stands, he's only had one good/solid year. He's limited experience-wise and only played two years at Utah. I'm surprised at the "blazing 40 time" prediction. From what I saw, and confirmed through research, he's expected to run in the 4.5 range.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 16, 2012 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Black is going to have to have a very good off-season to get drafted. He may, because he's very under the radar currently, but as it stands, he's only had one good/solid year. He's limited experience-wise and only played two years at Utah. I'm surprised at the "blazing 40 time" prediction. From what I saw, and confirmed through research, he's expected to run in the 4.5 range.

Experience is over rated, espicially when a guys draft stock is based on athleticism. And he was a JUCO transfer which is why he had limited experience.

And as far speed goes, I wouldn't rely on those draft sites too much, espicially since the combine hasn't happened, they are just guessing. At his JUCO, he was a track star that ran a 10.3 100 meter, and thats official, not hype. Utah timed at their facility as a 4.35 40 which is where its coming from.
Here are some other 7th-UDFA players:

* CB Richard Crawford, SMU (5-11 192)

* CB Chaz Powell, Penn St. (6-1 208 4.48) - Converted WR, dangerous kick returner, large upside as DB.

* WR Dale Moss, South Dakota St. (6-4 210) - HUGE sleeper. Outside of football, he lettered in track and basketball. Think about that combination. Serious speed, and serious hops
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Experience is over rated, espicially when a guys draft stock is based on athleticism. And he was a JUCO transfer which is why he had limited experience.

And as far speed goes, I wouldn't rely on those draft sites too much, espicially since the combine hasn't happened, they are just guessing. At his JUCO, he was a track star that ran a 10.3 100 meter, and thats official, not hype. Utah timed at their facility as a 4.35 40 which is where its coming from.

I'll ask a buddy of mine how "fast" the U's track is and find out how legit that 40 time is.
Black being Jamacan came late to the world of football he was a soccar player and a track and field star from S Florida
He could have gone to many different schools but choose Utah because he wanted to be a`football player. He has dedicated himself to football exclusively the last 2 years
The fact that he even became a starting CB in Division I football is amazing but this kid actually has developed into an excellent cover CB leads many to believe the sky is the limit with this kid.His stock is definitely rising
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]