There are 227 users in the forums

East-West Shrine Game Thread, 1/21 at 4 PM ET (NFLN)

Dont you have a woman who can do this for you???
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Had this game on but I've been cleaning and not really paying attention.

Any WRs standing out?

BJ cunningham(Michigan State) and LaRon Byrd(Miami) have had nice receiving TDs, they look like a nice mid round picks.
Originally posted by communist:
Dont you have a woman who can do this for you???

Heh... Nope. Broke it off a month ago. Not that she was too into cleaning my place before that...

But hey, you know any cute girls that are down to clean my place while I watch exhibition college football game you let me know.
Offensive MVP Brandon Brooks- When do you ever hear of an OL, especially a LG, winning this award? He was that good. Opened some of the biggest holes I have seen in a long, long time. Earlier in this thread, I listed him as a second round target by the team, and that may be right about where he lands in the draft. Terrific finish to a great week. One thing he needs to work on is blocking in the second level. I thought he arrived too late on some rushes, and was off-balance on some situations. However, at the line of scrimmage, he is dynamite.

Defensive MVP Kyle Wilber of Wake Forest- Wilber was a relentless force today, and even though he doesn't have the best speed, and agility, he does have terrific size at 6'3 1/2", 250 pounds. Looks like a 4th-5th round player for a team looking at the 3-4 scheme.

A couple players of interest from the board earlier in the post- Devon Wylie, WR, Fresno State, had a solid game. Tiny, but really quick. Fired up on every big play. Terrific punt return called back by penalty. One pass reception did a sweet cut that made a defender fall all over himself (pretty funny). Just a quick slasher.

Jarius Wright was clearly the fastest guy in the game. Blew by CB's and safeties pretty easily. Very wirey, but can run like the wind.

Big, tall, long prospect from Elk Grove, and Canada, named Akiem Hicks (6'5", 320). Carries his weight very well, like Brooks, not sloppy looking. Could be a 5th-6th rounder who could play the 4-3 DT, or 3-4 DE. Incredibly long arms.

Nobody appeared to even try to throw Coastal Carolina's CB Josh Norman's way. He had a quiet game, and that is always good for a corner.

Honestly, not a lot of interesting players beyond these couple of handful. Most are guys fighting to get drafted in the last round. Last year, 43 players were drafted from the Shrine game roster, so less than half will hear their name called. With the expanding number of early entry players, the list should be shorter in 2012.

Bryan Anger of Cal was really Andy Lee of the 49ers. The dude has a gigantic leg. I have no idea why he is in this game. Should be in the Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Things have sorted out this week at practice, and I think we are starting to get a good idea on second round targets the team may put a gigantic bullseye on:

1) If the team wants to go interior line, the top guy this week by all accounts was Miami (OH) Brandon Brooks, who is a 354 pound giant, who held together well. he has Pittsburgh Steelers' lineman written all over him, but may be avaliable at the end of the second round.

2) If the team is looking at CB, then the man of the week was small schooler, Josh Norman of Coastal Carolina, who has good size (6', 203), long arms (77" reach) and pretty much dominated the WR's all week long. Bullseye.

3) If WR is the target, Arkansas Jarius Wright is the man. Probably will be a top 3 speed guy at the combine, he has a LOT of DeSean Jackson in him. A burner, tiny, at 176 pounds, and a guy who will be a nightmare for DB's to cover at the next level. Blowing by CB's in practice. He is a borderline second/third rounder to me, so the team may have a shot. Graded as the top player this week in practice by Wes Bunting of National Football Post
I like what I'm hearing about Josh Norman.

This. Sounds like a very impressive prospect.
I recorded and will get around to watching but the parts I did see looked pretty boring. That NFLPA game was super wack.
Let's just say this about the two small school corners. Norman has shot up from 7th to 3rd round consideration. Pellerin from 7th up to 4th round consideration.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Let's just say this about the two small school corners. Norman has shot up from 7th to 3rd round consideration. Pellerin from 7th up to 4th round consideration.

just got added to the Senior Bowl
Share 49ersWebzone