There are 225 users in the forums

1st mock offseason:

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No CB's = bad draft unless you think the Niners will sign another CB in free agency while also retaining Rogers.

I agree with this. In a CB rich draft it would be folly to ignore the position even if the 9ers have decent 3 or 4. They have done that too often in the past and wound up with low level talent with the need to go out and over pay for Clements. Love the idea of developing their own guys. I think the 9ers may have some young safeties who can step up and play next year. Even Culliver is capable of crossing over to safety.

WR is more important to me as the 9ers are just really poor at this position. If Morgan, Crabtree and Williams come in healthy next year great, but that still leaves a spot for a major talent. If they can pick up a Meachem in FAcy fine.

The oline is also scary. OC and RG are huge questions. Kilgore may be ready for one but then that still leaves one hole to fill. I would prefer a FA as rookies usually struggle and Davis could use the support of a vet.
Larry Grant is a RFA so either we get draft picks for him or he stays.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I will scream if that happens, im sorry Alex hasn't proven he is a 11M a yr QB.

Is Ryan Fitzpatrick an 11 mil a year QB? Because that is what he got.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No CB's = bad draft unless you think the Niners will sign another CB in free agency while also retaining Rogers.

Like I said before, we have our 4 CB's. Rogers, Brown, Culliver and Brock. Unless you want to spend a 1st round pick on a CB to sit on the bench as the 5th CB. I sure don't.

Also, Curtis Holcomb looked good in Pre-Season before he got injured. He can easily be our 5th CB.

I think the only way we go CB in rounds 1-3 is if Rogers leaves. That being said, if he leaves, I want a vet CB (Finnegan, Grimes) not a rookie as a starter.

Rogers and Brown are one of the top duo's in the league and Culliver can start in a heart-beat if we needed him too. If Rogers comes back, we are set at CB.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

No he isn't. He is a UFA. He signed with us for a 1 year contract from St. Louis as an UFA.
Criner will be long gone by the time you have him going. Would love to have him though.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

No he isn't. He is a UFA. He signed with us for a 1 year contract from St. Louis as an UFA.

He is suppsedly a RFA according to Maiocco, he signed after his tender was rescinded by the Rams, I believe he was a Exclusive Rights free agent.

Like with Gooden, he was a RFA tender then cut by Baltimore, then signed here, so he would be a UFA since he got a accrued season.

Grant should have 3 accrued seasons, making him a RFA.

He is suppsedly a RFA according to Maiocco, he signed after his tender was rescinded by the Rams, I believe he was a Exclusive Rights free agent.

Like with Gooden, he was a RFA tender then cut by Baltimore, then signed here, so he would be a UFA since he got a accrued season.

Per NFL.com, Grant was signed by the 49ers as a UFA.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/transactions?team=SF
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

So what does that mean then? Have we decided is he an RFA or UFA?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It was a one year deal, which makes him a UFA after this season.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It was a one year deal, which makes him a UFA after this season.

the only reason why he was signed as a UFA was because once your tender is rescinded you automatically become a UFA, but he needs to have 4 seasons accrued, which would be i believe 6 or more games a yr, he has 3 years accrued, 1 season(His rookie yr) he played 2 games. Thus he should be a RFA after this year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Bacarri Rambo returning to school.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011112aac.html

at least that what it says

I think it would be a draft pick, not picks, and it would be the round we selected him in, which is the 7th rounds. I hope they sign him for 3 years, he has blossomed.
Thats good news for us AB83.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think it would be a draft pick, not picks, and it would be the round we selected him in, which is the 7th rounds. I hope they sign him for 3 years, he has blossomed.

i think your wrong, if he's a rfa then we can tender him at whatever we decide. 1/3rd 3rd. 5th. Unless stuff changed with the new cba.
Share 49ersWebzone