MLB- Larry Grant
OG- Chilo Rachal

Free Agent Signings:

OG- Carl Nicks, New Orleans: 7 yrs, 52 million, 24 guaranteed

Cuts:

CB- Shawntae Spencer

Draft:

1- FS- *Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

**Trade up with Denver for pick 25 for the 30th and a 2013 3rd. We move up in-front of New England to get Rambo.

Immediatly takes over at FS for Goldson. Although he offers better ball skills and better instincts, he is not as big of a hitter but he is more responsible and would be a true center fielder to help out in coverage. This kid could be real good.

2- TE- Coby Fleener, Stanford
We lack a big body in the endzone and at 6'6, Fleener is our guy. Harbaugh loves using his TE's and Davis and Fleener would mirror New England and how devastating their two TE set is. Fleener and Davis would offer huge match up problems for defense's.

3- MLB- Nigel Bradham, Florida State
Takes over for Larry Grant as our primary backup.

4- WR- Tommy Streeter, Miami
Big play receiver who offers nice size and good blocking.

5- OLB- Shea McClellin, Boise State
Good production and an intense Justin Smith like motor. He will fit in perfect with our team.

6- WR- Juron Criner, Arizona
His numbers dipped this year after a good junior year but he is still a big guy at 6'4, 215 and has 22 TD's the past two seasons.

7- SS- Brian Peters, Northwestern
Typical in the box SS who offers nice size/speed ratio (6'4, 220. 4.6- 40) and good ball skills with 12 picks over his 4 years.

Roster:

QB- Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Scott Tolzien
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Dixon
FB- Bruce Miller

WR- Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Tommy Streeter
WR- Josh Morgan, Ted Ginn, Juron Criner
TE- Vernon Davis, Coby Fleener, Delanie Walker, Nate Byham

LT- Joe Staley- Alex Boone
LG- Mike Iupati- Daniel Kilgore
C- Jonathan Goodwin
RG- Carl Nicks- Mike Person
RT- Anthony Davis

LDE- Ray McDonald- Demarcus Dobbs
NT- Issac Sopoago- Ricky Jean Francois- Ian Williams
RDE- Justin Smith- Will Tukuafu

OLB- Aldon Smith- Parys Haralson
MLB- Patrick Willis- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Navarro Bowman- Tavarres Gooden- Blake Costanzo
OLB- Ahmad Brooks- Shea McClellin

CB- Carlos Rogers- Chris Culliver
FS- Bacarri Rambo- Reggie Smith- Colin Jones
SS- Donte Whitner- CJ Spillman
CB- Tarell Brown- Tramaine Brock

K- David Akers
P- Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings

[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM ]
Rambo hasn't declared yet
2-4 are not going to fall in those spots
THE Steve Young
I dont wanna waste $ and a roster spot with Regggie Smith. I know he can do the dougie real good tho. Otherwise, pretty good except I think we need another young CB
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
why let goldston walk and keep Reggie Smith?...Thats dumb IMO
Originally posted by martysofresh:

goldson is going to want a lot of money
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's 50 / 50 on his decision at the moment.

EDIT: To shoot your entire mock in the foot, I provide this link of Rambo discussing the feedback from the Draft Advisory Board.....

http://www.macon.com/2011/12/29/1842585/rambo-discusses-feedback-from.html

Bacarri Rambo continues to call himself "50-50" on whether to leave for the NFL draft. But the evaluation from the league's advisory board provided a window into the thinking for the Georgia junior safety.

Rambo said he received a third-round grade from the NFL board, which advises underclassmen before they make their decision on whether to leave or stay.
The grade clearly disappointed Rambo, who was named a first-team All-American by the AP.

EDIT 2: The complete lack of address on the CB position makes almost no sense. Unless you're assuming we keep Curtis Holcomb and/or Cory Nelms on our final 53 next year but seeing how you didn't include that I am inclined to think you weren't going with that thought.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM ]
These signing at those prices arent possible. At most we have 47M in room with Spencer being cut. Those signings all together with the 5M for rookie class is around 46.42M.

Then that doesnt include the extensions.

Now Alex will NOT get a 9M a yr contract.

Rogers would be over 10M

No use for Reggie Smith.

Grant is a RFA and can be retained for 1.25M, same with Spillman.

I actually like most of the signings, only want Rogers on long term deal, and Goldson on Franchise tag.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
These signing at those prices arent possible. At most we have 47M in room with Spencer being cut. Those signings all together with the 5M for rookie class is around 46.42M.

Rogers would be over 10M

No use for Reggie Smith.

I actually like most of the signings, only want Rogers on long term deal, and Goldson on Franchise tag.

i dont know about rest

but harbaugh and niners said alex contract will be 8-11 mill a year
i would love our oline with nicks in it

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Rogers would be over 10M

No use for Reggie Smith.

Larry Grant is not a RFA. He signed as an UFA from St. Louis for a 1 year deal.
Originally posted by sfout:

EDIT: To shoot your entire mock in the foot, I provide this link of Rambo discussing the feedback from the Draft Advisory Board.....

Bacarri Rambo continues to call himself "50-50" on whether to leave for the NFL draft. But the evaluation from the league's advisory board provided a window into the thinking for the Georgia junior safety.

Rambo said he received a third-round grade from the NFL board, which advises underclassmen before they make their decision on whether to leave or stay.
The grade clearly disappointed Rambo, who was named a first-team All-American by the AP.

EDIT 2: The complete lack of address on the CB position makes almost no sense. Unless you're assuming we keep Curtis Holcomb and/or Cory Nelms on our final 53 next year but seeing how you didn't include that I am inclined to think you weren't going with that thought.

What is wrong with Rogers, Brown, Culliver and Brock at CB? How many CB's do we need?

If Rogers leaves then we will address the CB position but if he comes back, it is the last position we need to fill. Brown and Rogers are one of the best duo's in the league and Culliver has loads of potential.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]
Originally posted by martysofresh:

Because Goldson is the weak link on our defense. He has 6 pick but all but one of them pretty much bounced right into his hands. He is a liability in coverage and always takes bad angles.

That being said, he is a big hitter and a playmaker. If he takes a decent contract and not an OJ Atogwe deal, then he will be back. But like last year, he will want to break the bank.

FS is the easiest position to fill on defense.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Thanks for this. I think he goes before the 3rd and is arguably the best safety available in the draft but I dont think he comes out now.
Think there is a need for a top flight WR and CB...so not sure S is a first round need.
Share 49ersWebzone