LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 440 users in the forums

Need some advice for my draft website

I'm losing my mind, I dont know whether to continue it or to just say the hell with it. I can't seem to find a design im happy with, and content wise.

Then if I do continue what would I do to make it unique or so people will visit it? I know about the main players, I dont have enough time to look at every player.

So, any suggestions, or ideas?
I suggest you set your lineups in crzys fantasy basketball league
Originally posted by valrod33:
I suggest you set your lineups in crzys fantasy basketball league

1. I didnt ask for advice on fantasy basketball

2. I dont have reliable internet right now, Its a hit or miss.

and 3. I have more important things to worry about then fantasy sports. I dont devote each day to fantasy sports.
Dont stop doing it but dont take it so seriously. You are doing a good job, dont criticise yourself into oblivion.
Originally posted by English:
Dont stop doing it but dont take it so seriously. You are doing a good job, dont criticise yourself into oblivion.

Thanks English, I dont know what to focus on, luckly for this week I have internet, usually I wouldn't, I am dog sitting, so they have internet.

I dont know If i should just list numbers, and just overall feel come draft night for each pick.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by English:

Thanks English, I dont know what to focus on, luckly for this week I have internet, usually I wouldn't, I am dog sitting, so they have internet.

I dont know If i should just list numbers, and just overall feel come draft night for each pick.

Overall feel imo. Numbers are around if people want to dig them up, but it is opinion that people look for on the internet. When they arent busy insulting each other in the Alex Smith threat, anyway.

Stick with it.
yeah post how you feel about each prospect. I could careless about numbers and stats. I mean put up the basics like height and weight. I'd rather hear why you think a guy is better suited for the 3-4 vs 4-3 than how many sacks the guy had.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think that you need to organize the information in chunks and then have a separate page for each each chunk .

On the page for 2012 prospects, you have the 2011 prospects directly below on the same page, and on the right you have your rankings for 2011.

If you put stats for each player, you need to make sure the format is easy to read.

My best guess is that you need someone (an expert?) to help you organize the website.

Suggestions would be to have:

1. section for 2012 draft prospects with one page for overall, and a page for each position.
2. section for 2012 free agents organized by position with UFA and RFA grouped separately.
3. section for team needs organized by division
4. section for past drafts--keep all information on past drafts there, basically out of sight unless someone wants to go there.
4. links to other draft websites.

I think that you should continue with your work.
Originally posted by buck:
I think that you need to organize the information in chunks and then have a separate page for each each chunk .

On the page for 2012 prospects, you have the 2011 prospects directly below on the same page, and on the right you have your rankings for 2011.

If you put stats for each player, you need to make sure the format is easy to read.

My best guess is that you need someone (an expert?) to help you organize the website.

1. section for 2012 draft prospects with one page for overall, and a page for each position.
2. section for 2012 free agents organized by position with UFA and RFA grouped separately.
4. section for past drafts--keep all information on past drafts there, basically out of sight unless someone wants to go there.

Thanks buck, would you reccomend a page for each position, similar to walterfootball.com?
suggest adding maddog and otc to ur staff.:) I'd be willing to help you with # 3. I could pick a division and break down the good the bad the ugly. Their free agents each team is losing and the teams draft needs. I have alot of time on my hands, and my favorite mmorpg game got blocked from work so now Im on here alot alot.

• buck
  • Veteran

Thanks buck, would you reccomend a page for each position, similar to walterfootball.com?

Yes, but I would find a way to put a link to the other positions on each page, so a person did have to go back to the original prospects page to move on.

Again, your service provider should be able to give the names of people who can design web pages.

Yes, but I would find a way to put a link to the other positions on each page, so a person did have to go back to the original prospects page to move on.

Again, your service provider should be able to give the names of people who can design web pages.

I took your original advice, and did that. I actually know web design, it just is a pain with updating via a database, this way right now is a program(free) called Drupal, that Is customizable.
Remember the thing that makes your info stand out is that it is financially driven. Player lists and evaluations is secondary to your specialty. What you offer no other website offers. So sell what makes you unique money, contracts, free agency status.
  • buck
  • Veteran
It looks much better organized. Still needs help with colors borders format. Be simple with the colors, many people like me are color blind.
It looks much better organized. Still needs help with colors borders format. Be simple with the colors, many people like me are color blind.

would you suggest like sidebar having a background separate from main body?
Share 49ersWebzone