There are 224 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

I don't expect Hill to clock a 4.3 -- He's just not going to be able to hit that, especially with increased weight, on an official combine timer. But I think he does have a shot to hit the 4.4's.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't expect Hill to clock a 4.3 -- He's just not going to be able to hit that, especially with increased weight, on an official combine timer. But I think he does have a shot to hit the 4.4's.

I'd still take a 6'4 WR with a 4.4 any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'd still take a 6'4 WR with a 4.4 any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So you're saying you want both Hill AND Streeter??
If this dude does run in the 4.3's his stock is going to soar.
At a legit 6'4" and 215 pounds, I really want to draft Hill no matter what we have to do to get this kid. Come on Baalke I know you are listening to this kid. He would fit perfectly into the 49ers and Harbaughs system!
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/02/24/georgia-tech-wr-hill-at-least-sounds-like-a-49er/


INDIANAPOLIS — He's a big-bodied wide receiver who says he enjoys blocking and has a team-first attitude. Meet Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill, you're newest San Francisco 49er!

Kidding, of course, but the 6-foot-4, 215-pounder has all the earmarkings of a wideout San Francisco will investigate here at the NFL combine.

Hill left school after a junior season in which he posted modest stats (28 catches, 820 yards, 5 TDs) in Georgia Tech's run-heavy option offense. But he at least sounded all the right notes while meeting with the media today, saying he relishes the physicality of run blocking (brownie points with Jim Harbaugh) and is about team success above stats (more music to you-know-who's ears).

"It wasn't really as frustrating," Hill said of playing in an option offense. "Yes, you're wide receiver and … you want to get the ball. But any time you're helping out a team, I'm a winner and I want to win. So any time you're helping out a team that's a big thing."

Hill, projected as a third- or fourth-round pick by Pro Football Weekly, could elevate his draft stock with a head-turning time in the 40 (he hopes to run in the low 4.3s). As his 29.3 yards per catch this past season indicates, he was a downfield threat in college. He also comes from a school with an impressive recent track record when it comes to wide receivers: Both Detroit's Calvin Johnson and Denver's Demaryius Thomas are from Georgia tech.

"I felt like I had the great ability to play at this next level," Hill said when asked about deciding to leave school early. "No, I didn't have the great stats like the other wide receivers did, but my ability … I know I can do well in the NFL."


Originally posted by tohara3:
At a legit 6'4" and 215 pounds, I really want to draft Hill no matter what we have to do to get this kid. Come on Baalke I know you are listening to this kid. He would fit perfectly into the 49ers and Harbaughs system!

I am torn between Him and Randle (who I've really grown to like lately). I really love hearing about his willingness to do the dirty work, but I am worried about how long it will take him to master a full route tree.
unofficial 4.30 on his first run at the combine
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't expect Hill to clock a 4.3 -- He's just not going to be able to hit that, especially with increased weight, on an official combine timer. But I think he does have a shot to hit the 4.4's.

NFL network had his unofficial 40 time at 4.3 & 4.31. Does he play that fast?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
unofficial 4.30 on his first run at the combine

Zero chance he makes it to our 2nd, I'd have to suspect.

Draft him if he makes it to our late 1st and then trade up a little for Fleener?
backed it up with 4.31 on his 2nd run, both are unofficial, we'll have to wait and see for the official times
This mutha-mucka is damn fast. A 6-5 dude with 4.3 speed, he's not going to be around for the 2nd rounder anymore.

He does play that fast. He also blocks all day long at GT because they run the triple option. Watch his routes later today. I'd take a flier on this guy. Too bad he won't last into the second round. It's a risk in the first round. But maybe he has the ability. He certainly has what we need right now which is size and speed.
Originally posted by VA49er:
He does play that fast. He also blocks all day long at GT because they run the triple option. Watch his routes later today. I'd take a flier on this guy. Too bad he won't last into the second round. It's a risk in the first round. But maybe he has the ability. He certainly has what we need right now which is size and speed.

And a lot of it, damn. That size and speed, enough to give defenses all types of headaches.
and im on the bandwagon
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't expect Hill to clock a 4.3 -- He's just not going to be able to hit that, especially with increased weight, on an official combine timer. But I think he does have a shot to hit the 4.4's.