LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech, WR

Originally posted by jreff22:
go look at the GT passing stats

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/59/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets

And?...
Originally posted by D_Niner:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/59/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets

And?...
did you look?

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

If this needs explaining then I'm not sure you understand why any WR at GT would have issues....

Tevin Washington was 74-150 on the year, 1652 yards, completed 49.3% of his passes, and had 11TD's to 8 INTs. The kid was HORRIBLE, and the GT system is very run orientated with the option.

Hill accounted for about half of the receiving yards, 1/3rd of the catches, and half of the TD's. He did very good considering the circumstances.

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

If this needs explaining then I'm not sure you understand why any WR at GT would have issues....

Tevin Washington was 74-150 on the year, 1652 yards, completed 49.3% of his passes, and had 11TD's to 8 INTs. The kid was HORRIBLE, and the GT system is very run orientated with the option.

Hill accounted for about half of the receiving yards, 1/3rd of the catches, and half of the TD's. He did very good considering the circumstances.

And now lets look at the Niners. A very good run oriented team that dosen't have top level QB play... Similarities?

One big difference is that this is the NFL; Hill isn't going to be out there looking like a man playings against boys.

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

And now lets look at the Niners. A very good run oriented team that dosen't have top level QB play... Similarities?

One big difference is that this is the NFL; Hill isn't going to be out there looking like a man playings against boys.

If Hill puts the same numbers up he pretty much did better then Crabs year 1. And comparing us to a triple option college team is borderline retarded. And he played against good teams, NC, VT, MIA, Clem, Virginia, and GA.

Are you saying competition will be harder for him but less for "Fleener"?
GT only throws

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

Not to interrupt this "awesome" argument But GT only throws the ball 10-15 times a game, We sometimes get stubborn running the ball, but Alex has not thrown it that few times under Harbaugh yet. (too lazy to post the stats) Hill is raw and would need some time to get the route tree figured out, but he has a lot of tools to be really good. IIRC Jerry Rice didn't play every snap his rookie season. but there was a time and situation for him to play and excel, this was also the case with Aldon last year. I think Hill would be a good Pick at 30, Not saying I would do that necessarily, but I wouldn't let my wife get her panties in a bunch over the pick either

And?...
did you look?

Yes. And?...

If Hill puts the same numbers up he pretty much did better then Crabs year 1. And comparing us to a triple option college team is borderline retarded. And he played against good teams, NC, VT, MIA, Clem, Virginia, and GA.

Are you saying competition will be harder for him but less for "Fleener"?

Your the one making the comparison between systems here. All I'm comparing is a run first team with a less then optimal QB to another run team with a less than optimal QB...

Now with your little question... Thats just being stupid right there. That's like asking if you're saying competition is going to be easier for Hill now that he's going against Crabs or Moss...

49 catches over 3 years does not say #1 WR to me. Maybe is says something different to our FO; and if it does, I support them 100% until they give me reason not to. If they draft Hill and he does great that's another win for our team; but, if it was up to me, I'd pass in the first rd (Hell, I don't know if I'd even draft him in the second round)...
Your the one making the comparison between systems here. All I'm comparing is a run first team with a less then optimal QB to another run team with a less than optimal QB...

Now with your little question... Thats just being stupid right there. That's like asking if you're saying competition is going to be easier for Hill now that he's going against Crabs or Moss...

49 catches over 3 years does not say #1 WR to me. Maybe is says something different to our FO; and if it does, I support them 100% until they give me reason not to. If they draft Hill and he does great that's another win for our team; but, if it was up to me, I'd pass in the first rd (Hell, I don't know if I'd even draft him in the second round)...
it doesnt say #1 WR now but in the future with his measurables definitally it does
if we get him he wont make much of an impact outside RZ imo

next year he may be our starter though
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it doesnt say #1 WR now but in the future with his measurables definitally it does
if we get him he wont make much of an impact outside RZ imo

next year he may be our starter though

Yes, because "measurables" guarantee success in the NFL. Hill's got a lot of potential, but he's risky as hell considering his short body of work, now its not his fault he was in a conservative offense, but it does make it difficult to gauge what his ultimate ceiling is.

He is still my #1 pick for tomorrow night!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tohara3:

Me too, and if he's not there Rueben Randle is my second choice.

What comparison...? I said he played in a bad offense and that's why his numbers were low. And we don't run a system that bad and Alex is nowhere near that bad.

Again you brought up competition
"One big difference is that this is the NFL; Hill isn't going to be out there looking like a man playings against boys."

His numbers are what they are because of the system, if you don't understand that then I guess we are at an impasse. Crabs had all world numbers and has amounted to nothing...so that measurable can be grossly misleading. You put Fleener on that team and he doesn't come near 400 yards and 5 TD's.
A football player is a football player, his upside is hugh, we have time to groom him. Crabs a solid wr but not elite talent. Davis needs someone to draw a double team.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

i concur
Share 49ersWebzone