There are 166 users in the forums

David Wilson, RB - VTech declares

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
nope but I hear he's tough. I wouldnt guess we'll even draft a RB if we do it'd be a later round one.

yea I dont think we will either but this class is getting pretty stacked so maybe we'll cut ties with Dixon (even though I really like Dixon in his current role) and pick up a new RB at some point.

i HATE dixon in his current role because it conists of 3 and outs
Since we've signed a couple of decent receivers.....

DRAFT WILSON!!!!

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
49ers to Host david wilson
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/49ers-to-host-prolific-virginia-tech-running-back.html

what round is he projected to go in?
Originally posted by ImaMod:
49ers to Host david wilson
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/49ers-to-host-prolific-virginia-tech-running-back.html

what round is he projected to go in?

Highest Late 1st, Lowest Late 2nd
Originally posted by thuglife619:

doing are diligence in case he falls to the 2nd im guessing?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind taking him late 2nd. Seems like it'd be a steal
Also wouldn't be surprised if he dropped to us in the 2nd
  • sfout
  • Veteran

doing are diligence in case he falls to the 2nd im guessing?

no doing our due diligence in case he is BPA at 30. Him and Miller are likely top 45 picks.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I wish we were in the market for a RB. He's one of my favorite players in the draft

We ARE in the market for a RB... Gore was hurt all late season and in the playoffs. He kept taking himself out of the games for long stretches. Putting Dixon in on 3rd and 1's so he could dance around and fail. Which cost us. Gore has a lot of miles and is declining. Anybody can see it. RB is more important to this team than most. We are ball control, not too many turnovers and defense and special teams. Although RB importance has declined somewhat with the rule changes it hasn't declined for us IMO.
Looking at the highlight vids, I'm not feeling Wilson at all. I prefer Lamar Miller - Miami or Doug Martin from Boise State over Wilson. Wilson seems to be more of a straight line runner. He doesn't see very elusive.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Looking at the highlight vids, I'm not feeling Wilson at all. I prefer Lamar Miller - Miami or Doug Martin from Boise State over Wilson. Wilson seems to be more of a straight line runner. He doesn't see very elusive.

Frank Gore is pretty "straight line." He's not elusive. Often will try to run over guys rather than around them.

Originally posted by pete98146:

Not a fan of him either.

I have Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, Isaiah Pead, LaMichael James, Cyrus Gray, and Tauren Poole as better guys. Gray and Poole are likely 3rd rounders.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for pete98146.
RB is a luxury pick for the Niners this year. We need to address our biggest area of concern and that's our 3rd down conversion rate/red zone production. How do you improve this? Either by picking up speedy receivers or giving our QB more time. I do think we've improved our WR corp from last year but drafting another one early makes sense. Fleener would help out in this area. Last but certainly not least, shoring up the RG spot is a huge priority.

So, I can see the Niners selecting Hill, Wright, Fleener, Zeitler*, Konz, Glenn or Osemele* with our first pick before we invest in a RB. Also, next years RB class is said to be superb. We can wait on a RB and survive with Gore, Hunter, Dixon (?), mid round pick RB..

*= trade back.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
Is Wilson rising on the draft boards? I've seen him rated as high as 21 on a couple of sites
On http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2012/RB he's rated as the 3rd best RB behind Doug Martin and Trent Richardson, and have him going late 1st/early 2nd.
he kinda reminds me of gore. he seems like a downhill runner who is elusive by finding holes and hiding behind lineman while also being good at getting yards after contact. Im more of a fan of Doug Martin but if Baalke picks this kid then ill support the decision 100%
Here's Wes Bunting's write-up. Sounds promising, but I've looked at a half dozen boards and never saw him lower than 38. Looks like the odds are he'll be there at #30, but #61 is a long shot.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=40221
Share 49ersWebzone