There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

David Wilson, RB - VTech declares

• sfout
  • Veteran
Wilson official declared this morning and was given a 2nd round grade and said if he had a good showing in the off season that he'l likely move up to the first.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/06/virginia-techs-david-wilson-will-enter-the-draft/

A junior listed at 5 - 10 205 pounds has only 1 season as a full time starter under his belt but had a great season nontheless.

1700 yards 9 TDs on 290 attempts as well as 22 receptions for 129 yards 1 TD.

the previous 2 years he rushed for 619 yards on 119 attempts and 5 TDs with 15 receptions for 234 yards and 4 TDs

and 334 yards on 59 attempts for 4 TDs and 0 receptions.

A career average of 5.7 yards per carry.

Anybody watch a lot of this kid?
nope but I hear he's tough. I wouldnt guess we'll even draft a RB if we do it'd be a later round one.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
nope but I hear he's tough. I wouldnt guess we'll even draft a RB if we do it'd be a later round one.

yea I dont think we will either but this class is getting pretty stacked so maybe we'll cut ties with Dixon (even though I really like Dixon in his current role) and pick up a new RB at some point.
Is Wilson rising on the draft boards? I've seen him rated as high as 21 on a couple of sites
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Is Wilson rising on the draft boards? I've seen him rated as high as 21 on a couple of sites

I think him and Miller are neck and neck. itll come down to personal preference for a team, both are ridiculously fast and around 210 pounds so it could go either way. Based solely on the combine and senior bowls Dough Martin and Robert Turbin would be the next guys off the board but that's obviously now how it works. The talking head chatter was that if Martin's pro-day is equally amazing that he could push to be the #3 RB off the board.
I wish we were in the market for a RB. He's one of my favorite players in the draft
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I wish we were in the market for a RB. He's one of my favorite players in the draft

same :/ another year and we'll be looking for another top tier guy to split time with Hunter. Lattimore, Dyer, Ball, Ellington, Ealey are all guys to look at next year.
Originally posted by sfout:

same :/ another year and we'll be looking for another top tier guy to split time with Hunter. Lattimore, Dyer, Ball, Ellington, Ealey are all guys to look at next year.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Oh well now I've got my heart set on Robert Turbin if we actually draft a RB this year. Turbin should be there at #60 or maybe even #90(received a 3rd round grade originally) if the draft shakes out the way I want it to.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I like him because he suits up
dude has some fumbling issues
Originally posted by lamontb:
dude has some fumbling issues

So did Gore, Barlow, G-Hearst and Kendall Hunter and Rathman fixed that.
Wilson looked very good at the combine...he's the size RB Harbaugh wants...catches well out of the backfield and not afraid to take on would-be pass rushers. Think he'd be a very good pick, maybe 2nd or 3rd rd.

We are in the market for a RB, our tank is getting broken down.
Originally posted by susweel:

We are in the market for a RB, our tank is getting broken down.

I doubt they would draft a RB early. I think Wilson would be a great compliment to Hunter's running game