LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Quick New Year's Mock and Offseason

2012 Free Agency Re-sign: Ahmad Brooks, Ted Ginn, Josh Morgan, Tavares Gooden, Larry Grant, Carlos Rogers Alex Smith, Blake Costanzo and Adam Snyder Franchise Tag: Dashon Goldson

2012 Draft
Round 1: Jared Crick DE Nebraska - long term replacement for Justin Smith
Round 2: Ben Jones C Georgia - Swingman who will eventually replace Goodwin or Snyder
Round 3: Robert Lester FS Alabama - Replacement for Reggie Smith
Round 4: Jacquies Smith OLB Missouri - Much needed depth at OLB
Round 5: Casey Hayward CB Vanderbilt: Replacement for Spencer/Brock who are let go
Round 6: Keswhawn Martin WR Michigan St: Slot receiver and return man
Round 7: Kelcie McCray S Arkansas St or Jamie Blatnik DE/OLB Oklahoma St or Best Available OL
casey heyward will go in round 2 round 3 at latest -only cause he goes to a small school

also id like to take a WR earlier

i like Crick as a prospect a lot but i dont get taking justin smiths replacement in the first round 2 years in advance(unless hes there in 2nd round)
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
casey heyward will go in round 2 round 3 at latest -only cause he goes to a small school

also id like to take a WR earlier

i like Crick as a prospect a lot but i dont get taking justin smiths replacement in the first round 2 years in advance(unless hes there in 2nd round)

Vanderbilt in the SEC isn't what I would consider a "small school".
crick got injured alot, didnt he?
Jared Crick again??? Guys, whats up with you? He could be available in the mid-2nd...No real WR-stud, thats not good at all. Rest is ok.
Crick isn't a 1st round prospect at this point in time. Even before his injury, he wasn't performing very well.

And Casey Hayward is one of the top corners in the draft. He'll be gone by the 2nd.
  • buck
  • Veteran
One more smith and we will have to buy an anvil.
So you're telling me we going into next season with

Crabtree
Morgan
Williams
Ginn
Martin

as our WR's? How are improving that AREA OF NEED? You're not getting us a big time WR thru FA nor the Draft, and your #1 pick goes to arguably our best unit on the team?

No I'm sorry, I like your 2nd round pick, but that's about it
Originally posted by vrabbit:
So you're telling me we going into next season with

Crabtree
Morgan
Williams
Ginn
Martin

as our WR's? How are improving that AREA OF NEED? You're not getting us a big time WR thru FA nor the Draft, and your #1 pick goes to arguably our best unit on the team?

No I'm sorry, I like your 2nd round pick, but that's about it

I knew this post was coming. I think that with Morgan coming back as our #2 WR and with the development of K. Williams, the brain trust will not put alot of effort into upgrading this particular unit. That is a very unpopular view, but it could happen. There is also the possibility of signing a high end WR like Bowe, D. Jackson, or Stevie Johnson in free agency.

In regards to the Crick pick, the Niners would be pulling off a Brian Sabean type move by keeping their #1 unit stocked with talent, like the Giants pitching staff. Again, not a very popular view, but I will stand by it.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM ]
I think Hayward will be gone by the 5th round. and that free agency list is unrealistic the team isn't resigning every one of their own free agents.

crabtree is our #1 but we need a big body on the other side of him, or at least a tall TE weapon
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, we need a WR early.
Here's something that just got reported

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/report-vincent-jackson-unlikely-to-get-franchise-tag/

Signing someone like Vincent Jackson would definitely remove the need to draft a WR early.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM ]
The way Justin Smith is playing he could be at a high level for another 3 to 4 years.
Originally posted by buck:
One more smith and we will have to buy an anvil.
lol
Share 49ersWebzone