I want any one of these guys at #30

In no particular order

Jeffrey
Randle
Hill
Fleener
Konz
Wright

If you were going to put them in order, would you have Konz above any of the receivers?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I want any one of these guys at #30

In no particular order

Jeffrey
Randle
Hill
Fleener
Konz
Wright

If you were going to put them in order, would you have Konz above any of the receivers?

In order

Fleener
Hill
Konz
Wright
Jeffrey
Randle
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
the only ? was his speed

now he has it hes a top prospect

His speed, his desire, his ability to keep his weight-in check and not show up absurdly overweight after he gets paid. Also scouts will be looking at his speed on the field, not just his track speed. The guy was run down by linebackers from behind, so anyone who thinks this makes him the first...second...or even third WR off the board needs to pass me some of the funny stuff they are on.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jeffery should be a first rounder now.

His official numbers are in.

Weigh in: 6-3 213
40 time: 4.49
Shuttle: 4.09
3-cone: 6.71

Those Shuttle and 3-cone times are better than any of the other top receivers in this draft had.

I'm kinda surprised how much weight you guys are putting in pro-day numbers

I don't really like pro-day numbers that much, too much home cooking and people running in different conditions.

Also, with Jeffrey apparently slimming down and dropping weight, doesn't that raise questions of his approach to the game (ie why wasn't he closer to this shape for CFB)?

I think he will be an early 2nd rounder.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Those Shuttle and 3-cone times are better than any of the other top receivers in this draft had.

I don't really like pro-day numbers that much, too much home cooking and people running in different conditions.

Also, with Jeffrey apparently slimming down and dropping weight, doesn't that raise questions of his approach to the game (ie why wasn't he closer to this shape for CFB)?

All of this, all day long
The 4.09 and 6.71 numbers are just amazing... anyone actually compare the top WRs?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2012&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC
In 1st rd, for me it'd be either Fleener, Konz or Doug Martin. Some don't believe DM's a 1st rounder, but understand, picking 30th is practically 2nd rd. IMHO, he's the most complete RB in this draft...there is nothing he doesn't do very well, plus he returns kicks. He's perfect for Harbaugh's WCO...but, Fleener and Konz would also help our team a lot. There aren't many TE's who can do what Coby can. Just think of the matchup problems he and Vernon would create. As for Konz, he could be Goodwin's heir apparent, but slide over to upgrade RG in the interim. All three guys bring huge upsides to our team.

Everyone projecting him to run slow was the only thing I could think that was pushing him down boards to begin with. It was a bunch of bs and now that is obvious.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I don't think anybody would dispute that Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright are better WR prospects than Jeffery at this point. But beyond that, it is simply a matter of preference and need.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
In 1st rd, for me it'd be either Fleener, Konz or Doug Martin. Some don't believe DM's a 1st rounder, but understand, picking 30th is practically 2nd rd. IMHO, he's the most complete RB in this draft...there is nothing he doesn't do very well, plus he returns kicks. He's perfect for Harbaugh's WCO...but, Fleener and Konz would also help our team a lot. There aren't many TE's who can do what Coby can. Just think of the matchup problems he and Vernon would create. As for Konz, he could be Goodwin's heir apparent, but slide over to upgrade RG in the interim. All three guys bring huge upsides to our team.

I'd be happy with any of those picks, including Jeffery. I'm a big Doug Martin advocate too. I'm not sure he makes it past the NYG.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The 4.09 and 6.71 numbers are just amazing... anyone actually compare the top WRs?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2012&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Are those Jeffery's official times? Cause one of his unofficial 40s was in the 4.38 range. And than they came out saying it was in the 4.47-4.55 range.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I don't think anybody would dispute that Blackmon, Floyd, and Wright are better WR prospects than Jeffery at this point. But beyond that, it is simply a matter of preference and need.

Blackmon
Jeffery
Floyd

That's how I've rated the top 3 receivers from the beginning and there are plenty of others out there who prefer Jeffery to Floyd and Wright.

Bingo, and I agree with the overall post

would be ok with taking him at the end of the 2nd round, if that
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Are those Jeffery's official times? Cause one of his unofficial 40s was in the 4.38 range. And than they came out saying it was in the 4.47-4.55 range.

Had not checked beyond OTC's post which stated that they were official times. ( post # 405 on pg 27 )

I don't think Jeffery falls outside of the top 40 picks... nor should he.
Share 49ersWebzone