There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The combined Sanu thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Crabtree has Alex Smith throwing to him

meanwhile Fitz has John Skel ....


wait a second ...

i dont see how lary fitz comparision is valid at all fitz has 3-4 inches on him

was faster coming out of college

better hands and more production

fitz was one of the best prospects to come out in a while crabs was not

Crabs was a two time Biletnikoff winner. I remember some scouts throwing out the fact that Crabs could potentially break Jerry Rice-type records in the NFL

to be honest, and I ain't no Alex basher, Crabtree's numbers arguably would be much better if he was in a more high-scoring offense, regardless of the injuries and missed TC's IMO.

Still, he wouldn't be at Fitz's level even then, Fitz's work ethic is top-notch

I agree with you about Crabs not being in Fitz's level. Not even close.

If Crabtree were on the Saints or even the Giants, I think he'd have pro bowl numbers each year. It's just the offense that we run. Receivers should know coming in that we're no Patriots/Saints offense.
but let's not turn this into the Crabtree thread, we can go to Niner Talk for that

IMO if Sanu lasts until the Bucs 2nd round pick (36th overall) they would take him, they don't really have anyone worth starting on their roster at WR other than Williams. Benn is an uncertain at the moment and Stroughter is better served as a slot receiver, Welker-type WR
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Crabtree has Alex Smith throwing to him

meanwhile Fitz has John Skel ....


wait a second ...

i dont see how lary fitz comparision is valid at all fitz has 3-4 inches on him

was faster coming out of college

better hands and more production

fitz was one of the best prospects to come out in a while crabs was not

Crabs was a two time Biletnikoff winner. I remember some scouts throwing out the fact that Crabs could potentially break Jerry Rice-type records in the NFL

to be honest, and I ain't no Alex basher, Crabtree's numbers arguably would be much better if he was in a more high-scoring offense, regardless of the injuries and missed TC's IMO.

Still, he wouldn't be at Fitz's level even then, Fitz's work ethic is top-notch

Not just his work ethic, he is just a better WR. Fitz still puts up crazy numbers even when the QB is junk. He makes average QB's look good.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
but let's not turn this into the Crabtree thread, we can go to Niner Talk for that

IMO if Sanu lasts until the Bucs 2nd round pick (36th overall) they would take him, they don't really have anyone worth starting on their roster at WR other than Williams. Benn is an uncertain at the moment and Stroughter is better served as a slot receiver, Welker-type WR

They would definitely take him there as Schiano loves that kid and they can definitely use help at the position.
He's a stud. We'd be lucky if he was still there in the 1st.
I don't see why everyone thinks he's a 1st round WR. He's not that impressive to me. He's a good WR, but I've said it before and I'll say it again; good WRs can be had anywhere in the draft. No need to waste a 1st on a WR when you can get one just as good later in the draft.
I just go by what I watch on youtube, because I don't watch a ton of college ball.

But that dude's highlight reel looks pretty awesome to me.

When I look at Alshon Jeffrey I see a guy that's too big and not agile enough. He reminds me of Mike Williams.

Sanu might be 2 inches shorter, but he looks way faster and much more dynamic. Those plays of him running the option and just burning through the entire defense are awesome.

Sign me up!
i think he is very raw and needs to work a lot on route running. not sure if he would contribute right away as much as one would wish for. however, could be a great addition middle term. would love him in the 2nd, but he will most likely not be there for us anymore.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I don't see why everyone thinks he's a 1st round WR. He's not that impressive to me. He's a good WR, but I've said it before and I'll say it again; good WRs can be had anywhere in the draft. No need to waste a 1st on a WR when you can get one just as good later in the draft.

Well, in that logic, you can say that about any player at any position. It's a draft and there is always risk involved. Not sure what he has to do to impress you though. He's a versatile weapon at the receiver position and he has great size to dominate NFL corners. The only thing that may be an issue to me is that he tends to get nicked up due to his style of play. He lowers his shoulder a lot to break tackles and that could lead to some injuries in the pros.
do not want.


Julio Jones, I wanted
AJ Green, I wanted

Sanu, do not want.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
do not want.


Julio Jones, I wanted
AJ Green, I wanted

Sanu, do not want.

I can see that, the thing is this draft doesn't seem to have that 6'4" type of stud WR, top 10 pick, you gotta work with what you got picking at 30th overall too
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
do not want.


Julio Jones, I wanted
AJ Green, I wanted

Sanu, do not want.

What were your thoughts on Aldon Smith...
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I don't see why everyone thinks he's a 1st round WR. He's not that impressive to me. He's a good WR, but I've said it before and I'll say it again; good WRs can be had anywhere in the draft. No need to waste a 1st on a WR when you can get one just as good later in the draft.

You can say that about any position.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Well, in that logic, you can say that about any player at any position. It's a draft and there is always risk involved. Not sure what he has to do to impress you though. He's a versatile weapon at the receiver position and he has great size to dominate NFL corners. The only thing that may be an issue to me is that he tends to get nicked up due to his style of play. He lowers his shoulder a lot to break tackles and that could lead to some injuries in the pros.


Originally posted by Schulzy:
You can say that about any position.

"Wide receivers have a 36% hit rate in the first round of the NFL draft.
This is the worst position statistically to take in the first round of the NFL draft. Apparently Matt Millen didn't know that when he took receiver every year while general manager for the Lions. Receiver is one of the hardest positions to transfer college skills to the NFL. Many receivers that were busts had one of a few problems. They couldn't run routes or get separation. A lot of college receivers just use their athleticism to catch the ball, in the NFL that doesn't fly. Many receivers are Pre-Madonnas causing them to not work as hard as other positions, not sure why these guys are so arrogant. I guess being the best player around since they were 6 had something to do with it. So fans of teams that took receivers in the first round watch out!"
http://www.vincentvalour.com/nfl-draft-history-1st-round-positional-boombust-rate-offense/html

Stats (WRs Only)
Yards:

  1. Calvin Johnson (1st Rd)
  2. Wes Welker (UDFA)
  3. Victor Cruz (UDFA)
  4. Larry Fitzgerald (1st Rd)
  5. Steve Smith (3rd Rd)
  6. Roddy White (1st Rd)
  7. Jordy Nelson (2nd Rd)
  8. Brandon Marshall (4th Rd)
  9. Mike Wallace (3rd Rd)
  10. Hakeem Nicks (1st Rd)
  11. Dwayne Bowe (1st Rd)
  12. Marques Colston (7th Rd)
  13. Antonio Brown (6th Rd)
  14. Vincent Jackson (2nd Rd)
  15. AJ Green (1st Rd)

This is part of what I mean. You usually find dominant OL, DL, QB, (and I would include CBs) are 1st Rounders. There is, of course, exceptions to the rule. But skill positions (Safety, WR, TE, HB) can be found anywhere in the draft. IMO, there is no need to "reach" for a skill position unless its a Calvin Johnson/AJ Green type player. Is Sanu one of those type of players? To me, No.

I'd rather draft a WR later in the draft. I don't see Sanu as the big of a difference maker. Some of mentioned him as a Percy Harvin type. I don't see that at all. Harvin's quicker and has way better agility. Sanu seems like a guy who can't make guys miss so he tries to run them over. Won't work well for him in the NFL.
Originally posted by genus49:
What were your thoughts on Aldon Smith...

my thoughts were "Who?"