LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

The combined Sanu thread

For those who are completely against Sanu, I cannot blame you. The biggest thing we lack at WR is the ability to create separation and picking Sanu will not give us a deep threat. However, the ignorance shown due to his poor 40 time is mind boggling. One thing to say he doesn't fit the team, another thing to say this guy can't ball. To put things into perspective.... This kid caught everything thrown his way. Carried the offense by himself. He played with a pro style offense that couldn't run the ball. Had a ah situation that wasnt good and made even worse with Greg Schianos mismanagement of the position. Not often you can say a single WR is THE offense. Make whatever you want of the fact that he can't run a fast straight line.... But please disregard the notion he can't play with the big boys... He didn't shatter Larry Fitzgerald single season reception total on a crappy offense by luck.
Sanu can play, the zone just doesnt want a 3rd wr in the same mold of a YAC guy. I personally dont care much about speed, just quickness. Alex having reliable targets in the short to mid range is much more important than taking the top off a defense. Hell VD can run straight at the safeties and take the top off. Alex needs a WR that can get open in the 5-15 yard range and make the clutch catches, whoever that may be. He's been bred to be conservative in the NFL, get him weapons that support that.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
3rd rounder who could even sneak into the end of the 2nd.

If he is a 6th rounder, I think that would be a MAJOR steal in the draft.

I'd compare him to Jeremy Maclin.
Don't really see that comparison because of Maclin's speed.
With Morgan gone i can see us taking Sanu in the 2nd if he fell to us to replace him.
Mike Garafolo ‏ @MikeGarafolo Stopped by Rutgers pro day. WR Mohamed Sanu timed by a few watches here at 4.41.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Mike Garafolo ‏ @MikeGarafolo Stopped by Rutgers pro day. WR Mohamed Sanu timed by a few watches here at 4.41.

That could help. Solid 2nd round receiver.
Note: I have been on that surface at Rutgers, and it is lightening quick. If you look at the history of the CB's who run at Rutgers, their times are microscopically low. I love Sanu, and grade him as one of the best WR's in this draft, but in all fairness you have to add at least a 0.1 amount of time. The scouts know this in advance.

The real time for Sanu is probably a mid-4.5, and that is OK for a guy who is big and strong, and has great hands.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Sanu can play, the zone just doesnt want a 3rd wr in the same mold of a YAC guy. I personally dont care much about speed, just quickness. Alex having reliable targets in the short to mid range is much more important than taking the top off a defense. Hell VD can run straight at the safeties and take the top off. Alex needs a WR that can get open in the 5-15 yard range and make the clutch catches, whoever that may be. He's been bred to be conservative in the NFL, get him weapons that support that.

i totally agree with your assessment of what the niners need as far as a receiver....the guy that can dominate at the intermediate level will make 1-13 on 3rd down much improved...with niners filling needs on both sides of ball in free agency, and if michael floyd drops into 20s he would be worth considering to trade up for
Share 49ersWebzone