LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

The combined Sanu thread

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Thirty is a bit too high for a lot of teams at this current speed. However, this is a hyper-productive, versatile player with an NFL-ready body, solid discipline, great hands, and is probably the best blocking WR in the draft, so I don't see a slide past the mid-40's. You throw the ball anywhere around him, and he is going to either shield the defender from the ball, or go up and get it.

I thought he rebounded very well from his slow time, and ran routes very well.

I will post something soon on a player I think has been completely ignored in the post-combine talk, but had a BRILLIANT combine......A.J. Jenkins.

I agree on Jenkins, but his hands are just a bit inconsistent.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
You obviously haven't watched him play live. The guy plays quicker than his 40 time. No, he's not a deep threat and he doesn't have blazing speed, but he's a damn good player. Think about the offense he played in and the lack of skill at the QB position. He still had 112 receptions last year. The guy is a possession receiver. We all knew that.

Quick and speed are to different things my friend. And yes I have seen his highlights, they're impressive! But anyone with football knowledge knows that we absolutley do not need Sanu. We have 2 very good possession WR's in Crabs and Morgan. My personnel opinion. Morgan is better than Sanu
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
You obviously haven't watched him play live. The guy plays quicker than his 40 time. No, he's not a deep threat and he doesn't have blazing speed, but he's a damn good player. Think about the offense he played in and the lack of skill at the QB position. He still had 112 receptions last year. The guy is a possession receiver. We all knew that.

Quick and speed are to different things my friend. And yes I have seen his highlights, they're impressive! But anyone with football knowledge knows that we absolutley do not need Sanu. We have 2 very good possession WR's in Crabs and Morgan. My personnel opinion. Morgan is better than Sanu

I agree that we don't need Sanu with Crabtree as they have similar skillsets, but I do think that Sanu is stronger than Crabtree. I'd take Hill, Floyd or Kendall Wright over him. However, I wouldn't say that Morgan is better than Sanu.
  • mod
  • Veteran

Nice touch... not sure if intentional though
Thirty is a bit too high for a lot of teams at this current speed. However, this is a hyper-productive, versatile player with an NFL-ready body, solid discipline, great hands, and is probably the best blocking WR in the draft, so I don't see a slide past the mid-40's. You throw the ball anywhere around him, and he is going to either shield the defender from the ball, or go up and get it.

I will post something soon on a player I think has been completely ignored in the post-combine talk, but had a BRILLIANT combine......A.J. Jenkins.

As much as Jenkins is loved by some, I am unimpressed. I have been back and forth on him and just can't seem to get a good read on Jenkins. Sometimes I think he's a 3rd, other times I think he's a 6th round guy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

As much as Jenkins is loved by some, I am unimpressed. I have been back and forth on him and just can't seem to get a good read on Jenkins. Sometimes I think he's a 3rd, other times I think he's a 6th round guy.

I think he's a 4th rounder at best. 5th sounds about right to me.
How far is this guy going to drop maybe late second or third now.
Sanu is going to be a stud in the NFL. May lack the straight line speed but has everything else. I still see him going top half of second round.

We don't until Morgan officially re-signs. I still wouldn't take Sanu, too many questions about his ability to get separation.

Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
How far is this guy going to drop maybe late second or third now.

No way he drops to the 3rd. He'll be gone by the top half of the 2nd.
Originally posted by SFrush:
We don't until Morgan officially re-signs. I still wouldn't take Sanu, too many questions about his ability to get separation.

As I originally posted! Sanu is a no go for our team. Too short and too slow. I want Hill, or Streeter
Originally posted by natrone06:
Sanu is going to be a stud in the NFL. May lack the straight line speed but has everything else. I still see him going top half of second round.
I tend to agree. When he ran the gauntlet drill at the combine, he and Wright were two of the few that looked like they were able to run full speed and still catch the ball while most appeared to be running at a slower pace in order not to drop the balls.
Really like the way Sanu plays. Aggressive catching and running with the ball. Get it and go. Looks faster than the 4.67 40 time though. I think he might be one of those guys that play faster with a football in his hands. I don't think he will last past the top of the 2nd round. Niners should trade up for him.

I think he's a 4th rounder at best. 5th sounds about right to me.

3rd rounder who could even sneak into the end of the 2nd.

If he is a 6th rounder, I think that would be a MAJOR steal in the draft.

I'd compare him to Jeremy Maclin.
Share 49ersWebzone