There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The combined Sanu thread

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
id take fleener ahead of sanu. It looks like its a risk that his talents may have a hard time transitioning from college to pros IMO

yup


X3
Fleener has 4 for inches of height, probably 3 or 4 inches in wingspan, probably the same speed maybe a little faster.

x4 -- I think most people would flinch at the 49ers "wasting" a top pick (he'll go in the first round, probably won't last until the #30 pick) on another TE. But this coaching staff has demonstrated itself at being very adept at using players for maximum effectiveness (IMHO) and getting value with its picks at all levels. I'd totally trust their pick of Fleener and be absoultely excited by it.
That 40 time killed him. He could easily slide into the 3rd round now IMHO. He'll make a good possession receiver for someone, but doubt he'll be an elite receiver. But then again, people surprise in the NFL, and for his sake I wish him the best to exceed everyone expectations.
4.67 wow he's likely a second round pick now.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,260
Originally posted by Hopper:
4.67 wow he's likely a second round pick now.

could slide even more IMO with Streeter posting a 4.40, Chris Givens posting a 4.41(I heard he was 3rd rounder before the combine), Quick posted a 4.55(3rd or 4th rounder before combine), Randle's 4.55 will keep him in front of Sanu as well.

we'll have to wait awhile but Sanu will be a forgotten man come draft day if Jeffery runs in the 4.5s
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM ]
Originally posted by HearstFan:
That 40 time killed him. He could easily slide into the 3rd round now IMHO. He'll make a good possession receiver for someone, but doubt he'll be an elite receiver. But then again, people surprise in the NFL, and for his sake I wish him the best to exceed everyone expectations.

Ya I highly doubt he becomes a niner now he's slower than Crabtree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he does drop to the 3rd round he doesn't seem like the type who's quick enough to stretch the field he's a #2 at best.
I hope he falls so we can pick him up. 40 times don't mean everything.
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
I hope he falls so we can pick him up. 40 times don't mean everything.

In the second round I'm assuming? Pending we don't use our first pick on Hill, Wright, or Randle?
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Feb 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM ]
In the drills, though, the announcers are saying how Sanu overcomes his speed issues with precise route running. In the route tree, he's been one of the best at "attacking" the ball. IMO, he still fits our bill to a tee!

Is he worth the 30th pick in the draft, I would say no given other position players doing better than he at their drills, OLBs come to mind. If we land a defensive player in the first, then I can see us inching up to get him in the second. To be honest, I would rather get Fleener at #30 and an OLB @ #60. Grab a "Wylie" type in the later rounds. We have a very good split-end to resign in Morgan.

Just like MD and others have said, he's a real good fit for a WCO team. The question remains "at thirty though?"

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
I hope he falls so we can pick him up. 40 times don't mean everything.

In the second round I'm assuming? Pending we don't use our first pick on Hill, Wright, or Randle?

Fleener in the 1st
Sanu in the 2nd
i agree sanu is a second round pick as of now because of his 40
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
I hope he falls so we can pick him up. 40 times don't mean everything.

In the second round I'm assuming? Pending we don't use our first pick on Hill, Wright, or Randle?

Fleener in the 1st
Sanu in the 2nd

This. But we'll probably have to trade up in the second to snag him. If anyone has one of those draft pick value trading charts on hand, would be helpful
You guys pleas tell me why in the world you want Sanu??? He is opposite of what were looking for and need at receiver! Sanu is slow, he's not a deep threat by the slightest means. In college over the last 2seasons his deepest catch 35yards! That is it 35 damn yards. That's pathetic. So what he ran a bad 40, that doesn't compare to game speed. Apparentley he doesn't have game speed niether. We would you guys want 2 # 2 receivers on the field? We need a deep threat a big body reciever whith high end speed,a game breaker!
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
You guys pleas tell me why in the world you want Sanu??? He is opposite of what were looking for and need at receiver! Sanu is slow, he's not a deep threat by the slightest means. In college over the last 2seasons his deepest catch 35yards! That is it 35 damn yards. That's pathetic. So what he ran a bad 40, that doesn't compare to game speed. Apparentley he doesn't have game speed niether. We would you guys want 2 # 2 receivers on the field? We need a deep threat a big body reciever whith high end speed,a game breaker!

You obviously haven't watched him play live. The guy plays quicker than his 40 time. No, he's not a deep threat and he doesn't have blazing speed, but he's a damn good player. Think about the offense he played in and the lack of skill at the QB position. He still had 112 receptions last year. The guy is a possession receiver. We all knew that.
This dude makes Crabtree look like Usain Bolt
Originally posted by ninertico:
In the drills, though, the announcers are saying how Sanu overcomes his speed issues with precise route running. In the route tree, he's been one of the best at "attacking" the ball. IMO, he still fits our bill to a tee!

Is he worth the 30th pick in the draft, I would say no given other position players doing better than he at their drills, OLBs come to mind. If we land a defensive player in the first, then I can see us inching up to get him in the second. To be honest, I would rather get Fleener at #30 and an OLB @ #60. Grab a "Wylie" type in the later rounds. We have a very good split-end to resign in Morgan.

Just like MD and others have said, he's a real good fit for a WCO team. The question remains "at thirty though?"


Thirty is a bit too high for a lot of teams at this current speed. However, this is a hyper-productive, versatile player with an NFL-ready body, solid discipline, great hands, and is probably the best blocking WR in the draft, so I don't see a slide past the mid-40's. You throw the ball anywhere around him, and he is going to either shield the defender from the ball, or go up and get it.

I thought he rebounded very well from his slow time, and ran routes very well.

I will post something soon on a player I think has been completely ignored in the post-combine talk, but had a BRILLIANT combine......A.J. Jenkins.