Case Keenum not mentioned here?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dude is older than Joe Paterno

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Graham Harrell is actually doing a pretty good job in GB that they were afraid of putting him on the practice squad. But I believe Harrell and Brennan would flourish in the WCO due to there abilities to spread the ball around.

Keenum, if he can list at 6'2" 210 at the Combine then he might have a shot at being drafted. Where he projects I don't know he could be all over the boards anywhere from the 2nd round down. Even though its a Spread offense 33 and 3 is pretty impressive with 300 attempts.

The Packers are paying practice squad QB Graham Harrell $12,500 per week, which is more than double the practice squad minimum of $5,700 per week. Harrell was surprisingly waived earlier this month after being touted by HC Mike McCarthy as the Packers' potential backup quarterback of the future during training camp. That huge salary makes it clear, however, that Green Bay is still hoping Harrell can step in behind Aaron Rodgers in 2012 with current backup Matt Flynn likely to depart via free agency next offseason. Sep 17 - 12:41 PM Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Sorry they promoted him off the practice squad.

Graham Harrell - QB - Packers

Coach Mike McCarthy believes Graham Harrell could "absolutely" emerge as the Packers' backup quarterback of the future.

"I think so," McCarthy said. "He's headed that way." Current backup Matt Flynn is in a contract year, and McCarthy says the Packers promoted Harrell off their practice squad last December because they were "scared to lose him." McCarthy praised Harrell's comfort in the shotgun, which the Packers love to use.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Coach Mike McCarthy believes Graham Harrell could "absolutely" emerge as the Packers' backup quarterback of the future.

"I think so," McCarthy said. "He's headed that way." Current backup Matt Flynn is in a contract year, and McCarthy says the Packers promoted Harrell off their practice squad last December because they were "scared to lose him." McCarthy praised Harrell's comfort in the shotgun, which the Packers love to use.

December 2010..... My info is from September 2011.
Harrell is on the Packers Practice squad
http://www.packers.com/team/players.html
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Harrell is on the Packers Practice squad
http://www.packers.com/team/players.html

He will most likely be the backup next year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

December 2010..... My info is from September 2011.

I was just pointing out from what I heard, sorry didn't keep up with Harrell since then.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I was just pointing out from what I heard, sorry didn't keep up with Harrell since then.

Its all good... no real reason to keep up on him.
Cam Newton Andy Dalton and Sam Bradford all played in the spread, Then again so did Alex smith and we have had to put up with mediocrity for 7 years now, This keenum kid is 6'2" not 5'8" looks like he can scramble if he has to and has a solid looking throwing motion and nice release point, if he is around anywhere past the 5th round we should drop a flyer on him.
Numbers in college are bascially meaningless when it comes to draft time unless you run a pro-style offense.

TD's, completetion percentage and other stats are wildly inflated in college spread systems.
Keenum will not rise on draft boards unless he makes scouts believe he can easily transition to an NFL style, dropback, under-center, offense. Lots of people can throw the ball in college. But in the NFL, things change greatly. Those who can't adjust will fail.

Right now, Keenum, despite all his numbers, is rated in the 5th-7th round tier by many scouts currently. The team's embarrassment against Southern Miss (who although is solid, is not a powerhouse team) really hurt him as far as convincing anyone he's a top-notch prospect.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Keenum will not rise on draft boards unless he makes scouts believe he can easily transition to an NFL style, dropback, under-center, offense. Lots of people can throw the ball in college. But in the NFL, things change greatly. Those who can't adjust will fail.

Right now, Keenum, despite all his numbers, is rated in the 5th-7th round tier by many scouts currently. The team's embarrassment against Southern Miss (who although is solid, is not a powerhouse team) really hurt him as far as convincing anyone he's a top-notch prospect.

CAn you say Andre Ware?
Share 49ersWebzone