LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

What position do we target in the first round next year?

You draft as many guysk in the first as you need to get a solid o line
seeing that the strengh of this team is the defense, I would not be surprised we draft on that side of the ball for the first two rounds (depending on who leaves during FA). offense in the 3rd and it should be a utility lineman.
WE NEED RECEIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

In reality, it will be BPA.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
seeing that the strengh of this team is the defense, I would not be surprised we draft on that side of the ball for the first two rounds (depending on who leaves during FA). offense in the 3rd and it should be a utility lineman.

Like Walsh said, you can coach offense but you need athletes on D. There is to much talent at Wr that will be available in free-agency this year. I doubt we pass up that chance to fill a slot on our offense at Wr.
we just need a RZ target period we dont have one
Originally posted by English:
I didnt say they were our picks! Ginn and Braylon.

I really don't get your point. I can come up with an all bust team at any position and for the line I could just use the ones we drafted. I got 4/5 positions in less than decade.

Smiley, Baas, Rachal, Harris. Just missing that left tackle although Staley really isn't anything special there either.

Staley and Iupati panned out but 2/6 is hardly a good ratio. I'm excluding Davis right now.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 19, 2011 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I really don't get your point. I can come up with an all bust team at any position and for the line I could just use the ones we drafted. I got 4/5 positions in less than decade.

Smiley, Baas, Rachal, Harris. Just missing that left tackle although Staley really isn't anything special there either.

Staley and Iupati panned out but 2/6 is hardly a good ratio. I'm excluding Davis right now.

Look, you were talking about the high picks on the O line who had disappointed. So I mentioned that we had three high first rounders in our receiver corps. Who are obviously not setting the place on fire. Edwards, Ginn and Crabtree.

It was like, well out of interest look at the high pick receivers. Not a big deal.
nfldraftscout Matt Miller @

@JReff22 Could see the 49ers going WR to replace Braylon Edwards, maybe FS to replace Goldson. NT wouldn't hurt either.
Whoever Baalke wants to pick. I believe.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

lol got to admit, i thought aldon might get eight sacks, but he really did a nice job looking at the tape with that selection.

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

lol got to admit, i thought aldon might get eight sacks, but he really did a nice job looking at the tape with that selection.

Aldon and Kendall Hunter too. Great picks. Miller the FB too. Amazing. Pick a D Linemen in college and convert him to FB in 1 year and he's pretty good...
W.R.
  • dj43
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Smiley was a good player when the used him the way he was drafted to play. They wanted a quick pulling guard in the McKittrick mold then Nolan tried to turn him into a bull dozer, which he wasn't.
This a real tough question to answer even though it seems like WR and CB are the most glaring. But to be honest I cant see the niners using a 1st on a wide out simply because I think Kyle Williams is gonna be a great player. Call me crazy but with a full offseason and going in to his 3 rd year as a pro I think he can be dynamic for years to come. JH already said they plan on bringing back Josh Morgan. Unless Floyd Blackman or jefferry are on the board or they see someone who might be able to beat out morgan I just cant imagine them using a first on a WR.

Same thinking as far as CBs too. (I know you cant have enough) If they re-sign Rogers T. Brown has been steady all year and gets better every game. Culliver plays with the confidence of a 10 year vet also love the way he pushes the WR facemask to help himself up off the ground after he makes a tackle.

I just have a feeling they will trade, go O line again C/G or maybe someone for the DL. And as a wild card RB. I know alot of people think Hunter is here to carry the load when Franks done but thats just not realistic the way this offense likes to run with power. Gore has clearly lost a step and I know hes having a good season but its almost painful to watch with the pounding hes takin this year and for that matter years prior. He'll be 29 going into next season and is already barely making it through this one.
Originally posted by valrod33:
WR or Cornerback

This. Either Kirkpatrick from Alabama or Criner from Arizona.

Book it
Share 49ersWebzone