There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What position do we target in the first round next year?

I want a number 1 Wr... I'm sick of watching number 2 guys. It be worth it to move up to me getting a guy of that talent. But to be honest i think we'll be taking a Rg/center. Even youth on Dline, a nose tackle would be nice. Still pissed we passed on Vince wilfork TWICE!!!
CB.
[ Edited by Hopper on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:16 AM ]
wr or cb i'll be beyond pissed if we take another olineman in the 1st, we need playmakers. we can get an olineman in the 3rd
Let's see where we stand after free agency.
Secondary!! WR!! OL & DL's
CB, Williams earned the slot WR and resign Morgan, possibly Edwards (won't command a high salary). Guard, WR, and then back-ups at DL, S, and OLB ideally.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I want a number 1 Wr... I'm sick of watching number 2 guys. It be worth it to move up to me getting a guy of that talent. But to be honest i think we'll be taking a Rg/center. Even youth on Dline, a nose tackle would be nice. Still pissed we passed on Vince wilfork TWICE!!!

#1 WR. Can't see us spending more high picks on the O line. We can pick up a RG in FA.
RG/CB
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Let's see where we stand after free agency.

I like that strategy since there are 20 players with contracts expiring at the end of this season.
Really need depth at the DL position. We are 2 thin on the line. Actually plenty of players at the end of round 1 on the D line that would be great for our D. Our big rivals will be the packers. Gotta rush Rodgers with 4 and only 4. Blitzing will get u killed against him. Right now only J Smith and RayMac do a good job rushing as down linemen. People will say 2/3 of the down linemen is great. But you need to rotate players to keep them fresh. Corner will also be important. We need 4 solid corners. We have 2 right now. It's much easier to draft WRs in later rounds than D linemen or corners.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Really need depth at the DL position. We are 2 thin on the line. Actually plenty of players at the end of round 1 on the D line that would be great for our D. Our big rivals will be the packers. Gotta rush Rodgers with 4 and only 4. Blitzing will get u killed against him. Right now only J Smith and RayMac do a good job rushing as down linemen. People will say 2/3 of the down linemen is great. But you need to rotate players to keep them fresh. Corner will also be important. We need 4 solid corners. We have 2 right now. It's much easier to draft WRs in later rounds than D linemen or corners.

We have depth on the DL, we just arent sure how good they are. Dobbs, RJF, Williams, and Tukuafu
I said it once, i will say it again. O line, O line, O line. Until we fix this mess we gotta keep spending high picks to give Smith (or whovever) time to deliver the ball. Yes we havent been consistant spending 1st rounders on o line but i think Baalke can deliver.
The Niners still have several critical needs. I have been saying WR but I have changed to OL. It is ridiculous that the Niners have 3 first round picks playing on the OL and still get dominated.

OL
WR
CB

These need to be our first 3 picks.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I think the loss of Morgan has proven we are not in a position to snooze on a premier wideout. We will probably lose Walker as well.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Niners still have several critical needs. I have been saying WR but I have changed to OL. It is ridiculous that the Niners have 3 first round picks playing on the OL and still get dominated.

OL
WR
CB

These need to be our first 3 picks.
These are the areas we need at this point. Free agent signings may change the priorities.

Mainly, we need to make better selections in the draft. We've selected OL/WR/CB several years running. They just haven't shined at the Pro level.

Baalke. Keep making better draft picks than McNolan.