LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I still don't get why everyone is on Barkley's bandwagon. I seriously doubt he comes out this year, and if he does, he will be lucky to get taken in the 1st.

Protoypical NFL QB. Strong arm, Pro Style offense, good mechanics, goes through his reads and USC QB's have had pretty good success in the NFL altogether. The only thing that's in question is his height, if he measures below 6'2" it could drop him to the bottom of the 1st round.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I still don't get why everyone is on Barkley's bandwagon. I seriously doubt he comes out this year, and if he does, he will be lucky to get taken in the 1st.

Protoypical NFL QB. Strong arm, Pro Style offense, good mechanics, goes through his reads and USC QB's have had pretty good success in the NFL altogether. The only thing that's in question is his height, if he measures below 6'2" it could drop him to the bottom of the 1st round.

USC QB's have had pretty good success in NFL? Palmer is the only one that had success. Lienart hasn't done anything and Sanchez hasn't proven to be a good QB yet.

His arm strength is average (by NFL standards) and he throws an ugly ball. His decision making this year has been sub-par and he has not gone through his reads this year. I'm not the only one downgrading him, Mel Kiper has had him sliding down (not that he is the be all and end all, just saying I'm not the only one to notice he has a lot of work to do to be so highly touted).
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice job. Wouldn't be mad with that pick, but I like Gilmore from South Carolina

Gilmore is honestly a bit overrated. His best season was as a freshman, and he has a serious tendency to bite up on moves and get exposed deep. Good player overall and a great athlete, but he scares me at the next level.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

USC QB's have had pretty good success in NFL? Palmer is the only one that had success. Lienart hasn't done anything and Sanchez hasn't proven to be a good QB yet.

His arm strength is average (by NFL standards) and he throws an ugly ball. His decision making this year has been sub-par and he has not gone through his reads this year. I'm not the only one downgrading him, Mel Kiper has had him sliding down (not that he is the be all and end all, just saying I'm not the only one to notice he has a lot of work to do to be so highly touted).

Don't forget about Matt Cassel, who not only went 11-5 with the Pats but took KC to the playoffs. I won't get into too much debate about Barkley or Sanchez, but like I said, USC seems to be a QB factory and his height. But this has been why if Landry Jones declares, he will over take Barkley as the #2 overall QB. Shoot as it seems right now, this could possibly be one thee best QB classes in a while if the following Juniors declare:

Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Robert Griffin

Followed by the Seniors:

Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
Russell Wilson

And we HAD to pick Kaepernick!!!
I like it! Follow it up with TJ McDonald (Tim's son) in the second if he lasts that long.

Don't forget about Matt Cassel, who not only went 11-5 with the Pats but took KC to the playoffs. I won't get into too much debate about Barkley or Sanchez, but like I said, USC seems to be a QB factory and his height. But this has been why if Landry Jones declares, he will over take Barkley as the #2 overall QB. Shoot as it seems right now, this could possibly be one thee best QB classes in a while if the following Juniors declare:

Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Robert Griffin

Followed by the Seniors:

Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
Russell Wilson

All those guys are better than Kaep....
Gorgeous graphics....one of the best looking draft sites I've ever seen.

Also like that you put the player's statistics from last year and this year in each slot.

As far as draft order and player choices, it is obviously way too early for any predictions. However, you obviously did your research about team needs so your choices are at least intelligent guesses.

Overall, a very nice job....probably goes in my bookmarks before next year's draft. Good luck with the site!

Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Robert Griffin

Followed by the Seniors:

Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
Russell Wilson

Good job that we have Smith, then.

Great site, OP, nicely done. Hard to choose which of the really awful teams wins the Luck Lottery, though!
  • DFlo
  • Veteran
Thank you guys for the comments and feedback!

As far as TJ McDonald, he will probably be a first rounder when I update the mock draft next.

I'm going to be updating this mock draft every 4 weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Also, as a Bills fan, how is Donte Whitner playing for you guys so far?
Where the heck is Robert Griffin III in this draft? Second best QB prospect in this draft behind Luck.

Thanks, very interesting and a top CB/S would be excellent.
Originally posted by DFlo:

As far as TJ McDonald, he will probably be a first rounder when I update the mock draft next.

I'm going to be updating this mock draft every 4 weeks. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Meh. So-so.
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Oct 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by DFlo:

Meh. So-so.

disagree, He is our 2nd best DB IMO behind Rogers. Then Goldson and Culliver.

Have no issues with Whitner.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Robert Griffin

Followed by the Seniors:

Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
Russell Wilson

Maybe so, but none are better than Tolzien
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Landry Jones
Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Brock Osweiler
Robert Griffin

Followed by the Seniors:

Andrew Luck
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Lindley
Russell Wilson

Maybe so, but none are better than Tolzien

none of those should be allowed to look at smith.
Share 49ersWebzone