LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Name your top-5 WR's to watch this season looking at the 2012 NFL Draft

• Garce
  • Veteran
You guys think Ryan Broyles will be a later round pick due to his injury?
Originally posted by Garcia:
You guys think Ryan Broyles will be a later round pick due to his injury?

no doubt, maybe round 3, or he may fall to day 3 altogether
I got more then 5 but In this order I'd like these guys. I'd be happy with any of them.
1. Marvin McNutt
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Michael Floyd
4.Alshon Jeffery
5.Nick Toon
6.Mohamed Sanu
7. Dwight Jones

smallest guy is Blackmon and he's electric.
I'm really starting to like Sanu. What really impresses me is his tenacity blocking downfield. At the end of the first, if we go WR, I'd like Sanu first, then Wright.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
I got more then 5 but In this order I'd like these guys. I'd be happy with any of them.
1. Marvin McNutt
2. Justin Blackmon
3. Michael Floyd
4.Alshon Jeffery
5.Nick Toon
6.Mohamed Sanu
7. Dwight Jones

smallest guy is Blackmon and he's electric.

Really beginning to like Marvin McNutt the more I watch of him. Think he could fit in nicely in this offense
I got more than 5 too, theres a good amount of talented receivers for this yr's draft...

My favorite top WRs:
1. Justin Blackmon- Oklahoma State, 6-1/215 lbs/4.48(40yd time)
2. Marvin McNutt- Iowa State, 6-4/215 lbs/4.58
3. Jordan White- Western Michigan, 6-0/215 lbs/4.48
4. Michael Floyd- Notre Dame, 6-3/224 lbs/4.51
5. Dwight Jones- N.Carolina, 6-4/215 lbs/4.55
6. Mohamed Sanu- Rutgers, 6-2/215 lbs/4.54
7. Alshon Jeffery- S.Carolina, 6-4/229/4.5

Sleepers:
1. Nelson Rosario- UCLA, 6-5/219/NA
2. Juron Criner- Arizona, 6-4/215/4.58
3. Jeff Fuller- Texas A&M, 6-4/220/4.6
4. Tommy Streeter- Miami, 6-5/215/4.52
5. Rishard Matthews- Nevada, 6-2/215/NA
6. Demarlo Belcher- Indiana, 6-5/214/4.44
7. Ryan Swope- Texas A&M, 6-1/206/NA
I know these guys are not big name guys but most of them were pretty consistent throughout their whole college careers.

We already got a small quick receiver in K.Williams, we got possesion guys in both M.Crabtree and J.Morgan, but we need a big body, good size with decent speed WR like one of these guys for the deep balls and especially the jump balls in the redzones. We need to find our own Megatron. Hopefully we can pick up at least one of these guys via draft if not get them as free agents.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Really beginning to like Marvin McNutt the more I watch of him. Think he could fit in nicely in this offense

He's been making clutch catches for years. Stanzi to McNutt was an awesome connection.

I'm just not sure he'd fit in our team. He's a lot like Crabs; badass YAC but not a real burner. Even played QB in HS like Crabs.

who are the tallest receivers in the draft? we need someone BIG
Interesting development out of Miami.

Miami WR Streeter declared for the draft, signing with Rosenhaus. He's a 6-4 215 4.49 receiver who had 800+ yards with 8 TDs this year. Currently seen as a middle-round guy. Surprising move.

Other Miami player to declare was DL Marcus Forston. Had a season-ending knee injury, but had a good sophomore year. Was strong against the run. 6-2 300 pound player who would play 3-4 DE. Another middle round guy.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Miami WR Streeter declared for the draft, signing with Rosenhaus. He's a 6-4 215 4.49 receiver who had 800+ yards with 8 TDs this year. Currently seen as a middle-round guy. Surprising move.

Other Miami player to declare was DL Marcus Forston. Had a season-ending knee injury, but had a good sophomore year. Was strong against the run. 6-2 300 pound player who would play 3-4 DE. Another middle round guy.

Streeter would be a nice guy to pick up if don't need him to start right away. Would give a QB a nice big target with speed
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Streeter would be a nice guy to pick up if don't need him to start right away. Would give a QB a nice big target with speed

Yeah.

I also hear that MSU's Cunningham and Martin shot up after the game against Wisconsin. Both were considered later round players 6th-7th, but after that game are drawing 4th round consideration.
Just get a 6'3 or bigger kid with some speed and awesome hands, who has 0 injury issues
Originally posted by jreff22:
Just get a 6'3 or bigger kid with some speed and awesome hands, who has 0 injury issues

Seems easy enough, right?
disappointed in Streeter declaring this year, he's not ready, could've been a top 5 WR this season, he must really be in need of money
Share 49ersWebzone