There are 202 users in the forums

Juron Criner WR Arizona Wildcats

Russ Lande has him going to the niners in his mock

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-09/nfl-mock-draft-first-round-board-fluctuates-as-combine-approaches
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
reminds me of Rashaun Woods.
Criner did little in the Senior Bowl 'til they put Foles in the game...the guy who impressed me more was Ariz St's Gerrell Robinson. While Criner looked like more of a possession receiver, Robinson showed big play abilities.
Originally posted by susweel:

i think woods could cast a bit further
Here is Criner's rating on various value boards:
Draftscout.com ............ 74
Gil Brandt .................... 95
National Football Post ..167

Looks like a late 3rd rounder to me.
hes a reliable receiver who can run routes good and catch most balls thrown to him...his stock went up after the senior bowl as he was targeted alot

3rd round if he is still there...maybe 2nd if his combine is impressive
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Criner did little in the Senior Bowl 'til they put Foles in the game...the guy who impressed me more was Ariz St's Gerrell Robinson. While Criner looked like more of a possession receiver, Robinson showed big play abilities.

What game were you watching? Robinson caught 2 passes and Criner caught exactly half of his passes from Foles(including his TD). Criner showed the redzone presence that we need and the body control that can be the difference going up for jump balls in the end zone.

Criner's entire effort from practice week to the game itself put his stock squarely in round 2 conversation, maybe a slip into the 3rd if the board goes a certain way.

Robinson caught one pass on a busted play and was able to get open, the second pass was a short crossing route that was the result of good blocking as much as his own skill.

I honestly like Robinson more then Criner but I guess I'm taking issue with the idea that Criner didn't see show a lot of good film.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM ]

Do we really want another Sun Devil?
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
hes a reliable receiver who can run routes good and catch most balls thrown to him...his stock went up after the senior bowl as he was targeted alot

3rd round if he is still there...maybe 2nd if his combine is impressive
I'd be okay with him in the late 2nd round. Feel better about him than Quick, Jones or Jeffery, he's somewhat of a headcase though, did really well at the Senior Bowl practices.
Originally posted by sfout:

What game were you watching? Robinson caught 2 passes and Criner caught exactly half of his passes from Foles(including his TD). Criner showed the redzone presence that we need and the body control that can be the difference going up for jump balls in the end zone.

Criner's entire effort from practice week to the game itself put his stock squarely in round 2 conversation, maybe a slip into the 3rd if the board goes a certain way.

Robinson caught one pass on a busted play and was able to get open, the second pass was a short crossing route that was the result of good blocking as much as his own skill.

I honestly like Robinson more then Criner but I guess I'm taking issue with the idea that Criner didn't see show a lot of good film.

I like both. I thought Criner showed some good things, and Robinson really impressed me as well. I thought Robinson showed some really good big play ability.

He's a late 3rd guy IMO. In watching his tape, 80% of his receptions were on bubble screens and slants. He goes down everytime he is touched. He also dropped several deep balls. I hope we dont touch him anytime before the 3rd. I dont think he helps much
Originally posted by susweel:

DON'T EVER SAY THAT NAME AGAIN.
Share 49ersWebzone