LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

if the "plan" is to tank 2011 to get luck in 2012

As badly as I want Luck, I just do not see Harbaugh being the type to ever ever ever tank for 1 single play, let alone a season.

Although our management might be doing the job for him...
where not getting the 1st overrall pick people this team isnt that bad! only way we get Andrew Luck is if he pulls an Eli Manning and with us having Harbaugh who knows might have a good chance of happening
Originally posted by hofer36:
i could live with it if they get luck, as I think luck makes the niners a player in the league for 10 years--he is that good....

but if that was the plan the niners screwed up the 2011 draft as they should have traded down (if they could) to get 2012 1st rd picks

also i could see broncos tanking for luck this year--elway loves luck

If Tebow ends up being the starter then I would believe Elway is on a quest for Luck. However, if any year is a year to see what Tebow is made of, it would be this year. Though I've heard Tebow has a long way to go and will likely not be a starter this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
where not getting the 1st overrall pick people this team isnt that bad! only way we get Andrew Luck is if he pulls an Eli Manning and with us having Harbaugh who knows might have a good chance of happening

I agree, no way we get the #1 overall pick, now I don't see us in the top 5, especially if we get Goodwin our running game should be close to 2006 form.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I agree, no way we get the #1 overall pick, now I don't see us in the top 5, especially if we get Goodwin our running game should be close to 2006 form.

no kidding, I think people have missed what happened to the Bengals.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

no kidding, I think people have missed what happened to the Bengals.

But Tarvaris Jackson is going to torch us with passes to Sidney Rice. Assuming Rice can take his hands off of his walker to try and make the catch.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by cubanb:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's not the plan so let's lock this thread up.
Time to lock this b* up!
Time to lock this b* up!

NOO!!!!

These signings are a smokescreen! The plan is STILL in place. They are just doing a better job of covering up now.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Time to lock this b* up!

NOO!!!!

These signings are a smokescreen! The plan is STILL in place. They are just doing a better job of covering up now.

BAALKEHASAPLAN

• mike
  • Veteran
Time to lock this b* up!
Please do it's getting sad that people believe this crap.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Time to lock this b* up!

NOO!!!!

They're in on the conspiracy. Week 4, blown knee.
It is very realistic that we get Luck!! I can smell it!! and we are only battling with 4 to 5 other teams this year for the first pick at the rate we're going!!! Think about it?...
Break down...

Pats= no
Jets= no
Dolphins= yes
Bills= maybe
Colts= no, unless Peyton back up but they will win too many games this year
Jags= no, just got Gabbert unless he busts
Texans= no
Titans= no, Locker
Bengals= no, Dalton
Steelers= no
Browns= no
Ravens= no, slim chance at back-up=Harbaugh in family coach
Broncos= yes, Orton traded
Raiders= yes
Chiefs= no
Chargers= no

Seahawks= yes
Rams= no
Cardinals= no, slim chance though
Saints= no
Falcons= no
Bucs= no
Panthers= no, Newton
Packers= no
Vikings= no, slim chance is Ponder busts
Bears= no, but I give them a slight chance with that wuss Cutler
Lions= no
Eagles= no, but don't put it past them
Redskins= big yes
Giants= no
Cowboys= no, but if Romo fails anymore they will be looking another direction
The idea of a team tanking to get a draft pick is inconceivably absurd. The level of ridiculousness at such a suggestion cannot be defined. It's not happening. It won't happen. And even if the front office wanted it to happen, it still wouldn't happen. The repercussions for attempting such a move would eventually destroy the franchise. To suggest such a move is both foolish, asinine, and completely idiotic. Yes, if you think the 49ers are going to "suck for luck" you're a complete moron who will probably spend the rest of your life flipping burgers or handling my dry cleaning. Go ahead and make my combo meal a large and let me get some extra packets of ketchup.
[ Edited by Hollywood on Aug 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM ]
Redskins, Broncos, Seattle, Buffalo, Cincy are the real players in the Luck sweepstakes. I see him going to Washington.
Share 49ersWebzone