There are 276 users in the forums

if the "plan" is to tank 2011 to get luck in 2012

FEAR THE BEARD!

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by cubanb:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's not the plan so let's lock this thread up.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Actually I think it is laughable that anyone would believe a professional sports team and all its players and coaches with their pride and intense competitive desire would actually try to lose games on purpose. I mean come on, no player would ever agree to that no matter how bad they were, and the ones that didn't would most certainly let everyone know what the team was trying to do. Never would ever happen.

note that i did qualify the post with thw word "if"

The only league in which "tanking" is possible is the NBA. Only 5 starters, one can make a big deal if a LeBron, or Dwight Howard is in the draft...plus they have 82 games.

Tanking for 1 player in the NFL doesnt happen. Look at the year Reggie Bush was drafted. People were saying to tank and get Bush...we didnt and he didnt pan out.
i could live with it if they get luck, as I think luck makes the niners a player in the league for 10 years--he is that good....

but if that was the plan the niners screwed up the 2011 draft as they should have traded down (if they could) to get 2012 1st rd picks

also i could see broncos tanking for luck this year--elway loves luck

There's no way we woulda taken Kaepernick if the plan was to tank this year.
Originally posted by andes14:
i could live with it if they get luck, as I think luck makes the niners a player in the league for 10 years--he is that good....

but if that was the plan the niners screwed up the 2011 draft as they should have traded down (if they could) to get 2012 1st rd picks

There's no way an NFL team would ever plan to tank a season. Especially the Niners, when they're hoping to sell five-figure PSL's in the near future. Can we please end this talk? Being pissed off at management is one thing, but this is retarded.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:

Exactly.

There's a difference between tanking on purpose and simply not being as proactive, and trying to build with what they've already drafted. As soon as people start watching the FA list shrink and the star players disappearing, they shout "we're tanking!!!".

It's obvious that most top end FA's don't want to come here unless we throw the kitchen sink at them money-wise. and adding one veteran isn't going to help us in the long run when we have so many other positions we'd like to get a bit more mature(like O-line).

I mean look at what the seahawks made it to the playoffs with last year, I know the division is getting tougher(cards get kolb and peterson) but I believe we're more talented than the team seattle fielded(minus having a solid QB like they did, which is an area I believe we'll improve in). Pete Carroll is a good coach as far as winning without huge star players, I believe harbaugh is at least as good as him.

Even if all we get out of this season is finally no longer having alex smith at the end of it, I'll be ok. At least we have football guys! Remember there could have been a much longer lockout.

[ Edited by mike on Jul 31, 2011 at 19:32:22 ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Actually I think it is laughable that anyone would believe a professional sports team and all its players and coaches with their pride and intense competitive desire would actually try to lose games on purpose. I mean come on, no player would ever agree to that no matter how bad they were, and the ones that didn't would most certainly let everyone know what the team was trying to do. Never would ever happen.

didnt the cavs tank for lebron?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
It's not the plan but it certainly could be the end result.
f**k this thread

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
FEAR THE BEARD!

omg, that's f**king turrible! looks like an Amish pedobear.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
FEAR THE BEARD!

omg, that's f**king turrible! looks like an Amish pedobear.

Share 49ersWebzone