There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Players you hoped the Niners would get, but didn't.

Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
Owen marecic

They tried to draft him.

With one of his patented Harbaugh-isms, the coach called GM Trent Baalke a "steely-eyed missile man" for how he managed the draft. "Some of the things that happened in this draft, a lot of people would have buckled," Harbaugh said. One of those disappointments was not landing fullback Owen Marecic, who was taken nine picks after the 49ers got running back Kendall Hunter in the fourth round. "We did everything we could to get him here and we came up short on that one," Harbaugh said. "Cleveland got an outstanding football player in Owen Marecic."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/ultimate-draft.html#ixzz1L8cvh3I9
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Only players I liked early were Von Miller and Peterson. Wanted Ponder but not using what we would of had to use though.

Most of my players were mid anbd late round guys

player/when drafted

Curtis Marsh round 3
K.J. Wright round 4
Quinton Carter round 4
Josh Thomas round 5
Dion Lewis round 5
Jerrell Powe round 6
Justin Rogers round 7
Greg Romeus round 7
Eric Hagg round 7
Chris Neild round 7

Ryan Jones undrafted
Noel Devine underafted
Brandon Saine undrafted
Dane Sanzenbacher underafted
Mark Herzlich undrafted

Cory Grant undrafted I believe
andrew luck.
Patrick Peterson & Owen Marecic. -But I don't care, cause I wanted Colin Kaepernick and Kendall Hunter just as bad (I was hoping we'd land Hunter in the 3rd, but he fell to the 4th; awesome sauce).
Originally posted by communist:
andrew luck.

i second that
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Patrick Peterson & Owen Marecic. -But I don't care, cause I wanted Colin Kaepernick and Kendall Hunter just as bad (I was hoping we'd land Hunter in the 3rd, but he fell to the 4th; awesome sauce).

All of this.

I only loved two RBs in this draft, Daniel Thomas and Kendall Hunter, I was sure to land him in the 3rd as well...4th is amazing!

Very Sad about Marecic, and F Arizona
I wanted Dalton and was disappointed we couldn't trade up to get him before Cincy. I also hoped we would end up with Fua and Havili.
I wanted Robert Quinn at #7, but I'm slightly warming to Aldon Smith.

Wanted Dalton, but am okay that Cincy got him and we snagged CK.

Wanted Jurrell Casey for our NT in rd 3, but we traded back and he wastaken just after our original spot... meh.

Kendall Hunter was a great value pick in rd 4, but I was hoping for a CB like Carmichael, Burton, or House there.

Wanted Anthony Sherman in rd 5, but the damn Cards snagged him earlier that round.

I was really freaking out over the lack of a NT pick by the late rounds. Couldn't believe that Ian Williams fell out of the draft... Vanilla Gorilla would have been cool in rd 7.
patrick peterson and stanley havili
Jerrell Powe (or any NT - these guys take time to develop), Owen Marecic, Jake Locker, Randall Cobb, Ricardo Lockette, Justin Houston, Cliff Mathews, Sione Fua, Ras-I Dowling, Akeem Ayers, Christopher Carter.
and Paea

[ Edited by DertyDonahue on May 1, 2011 at 16:31:06 ]
Won't get into players during the 7 rounds because anyone could go through the draft and look at the best players at the spot we would have picked. Wishing for a guy like Peterson won't change things. Now if we are talking FA's my favorite would be Ricardo Lockette. Also like Sanzenbacher, DeAndre Brown, Toliver and Jeff Maehl. Ian Williams or Anthony Gray could be brought in at NT, Devlin, Tolzein, Froman or Josh Portis at QB, Derrick Locke or John Clay at RB, Henry Hynoski at FB, Jake Kirkpatrick, Steven Friday or Mark Herzlich at OLB, Tim Barnes or Zach Hurd at C, Deunta Williams or Jeron Johnson at FS and last but not least Kendrick Burney at CB.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 1, 2011 at 17:32:19 ]
This is how I would have drafted given the picks we had. I like these guys but am satisfied with who we got too.

1. (7) Jake Locker / qb / Washington
2. (36) Stephen Paea / de / Oregon State
3. (80) Sam Acho / olb / Texas
4. (115) Rashad Carmichael / cb / Virginia Tech
5. (163) Jordan Todman / hb / Connecticut
6. (182) Ronald Johnson / wr / USC
7. (211) Zach Hurd / g / Connecticut
7. (239) DeAndre McDaniel / ss / Clemson
7. (250) Kai Forbath / pk / UCLA
Demarco Murray... I was pissed when Dallas got him in the third.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Jerrell Powe NT & Richard Sherman CB

who picked Sherman?
Peterson
Houston
Ellis
Toliver
Moffitt