There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mike Mayock's Draft

I'd be happy with Gabbert or Smith at QB this year. We're going to have someone who can teach offense, call plays and coach a QB. If Harbaugh thinks Gabbert can run his offense he should take him.

Look at the playoff teams. Two-thirds of them had 1st round QBs (8 of 12), a lot of them high first round. If you miss once you have to keep picking until you find one. You are going nowhere without a QB. Or, we could just trade down and take a Mike Rumph again.
it's not our ideal scenario, and you would think we would be able to trade out. if we are looking for trades and can't find one, then we still won't take Gabbert. You just don't settle at QB. If we do take him than i would say that we are high on him but didn't expect him to fall to us. in that case we are lucky. Gabbert has the right tools and since Harbaugh is the coach, and he will have the same teacher for years, something Alex never had.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I'd be happy with Gabbert or Smith at QB this year. We're going to have someone who can teach offense, call plays and coach a QB. If Harbaugh thinks Gabbert can run his offense he should take him.

Look at the playoff teams. Two-thirds of them had 1st round QBs (8 of 12), a lot of them high first round. If you miss once you have to keep picking until you find one. You are going nowhere without a QB. Or, we could just trade down and take a Mike Rumph again.

Good point... look at San Diego, they kept trying, and it turned out pretty good for them. After Leaf flamed out, they tried with Brees and then Rivers all over the course of of 7 or 8 seasons. This time we have a QB guru with his hand on the QB switch as head coach as opposed to a couple of functional QB idiots. I Jim I trust!!!