LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Mike Mayock's Draft

• okdkid
  • Veteran
I'd be very happy with Locker after #15. Too much talent that we'd pass up otherwise.

Kid has all the tools, demeanor and work ethic. Just needs a great QB coach. Check.

But no trade up scenario will work for us. He'll be gone before he hits the Seahawks at #25. We'd need to trade down, pick up a 2nd rounder in the process, and hope he makes it past the Vikings.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by turfdoggs49:
coach Jim Harbaugh like him then cool

i dont think he does apparently locker is higher on our board

he does like gabbert
at #7? no thanks
If Gabbert is Alex Smith 2.0, hell no.
Wow. I'm watching NFL Access and they are bashing Alex Smith big time right now. They are talking about draft busts and setting a franchise back. The camera flashes Smith then the next clip is Russell..... Then they had a bunch of geeks sitting around the computer (obviously MIT type math nerds) talking about stats and Smith's name comes up again....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Wow. I'm watching NFL Access and they are bashing Alex Smith big time right now. They are talking about draft busts and setting a franchise back. The camera flashes Smith then the next clip is Russell..... Then they had a bunch of geeks sitting around the computer (obviously MIT type math nerds) talking about stats and Smith's name comes up again....

You Alex-haters are a joke. All I see are people who are Alex Haters and those that are mildly indifferent realists and trust in whatever decision Harbaugh makes.
Seriously!! I know that we drafted Alex and it set us back for years, but this is ridiculous. Just because there's a white, athletic, QB, with intelligence, and wears #11 doesn't mean that Gabbert is going to be Alex SMITH!

If everyone says he's the best QB in the draft (and they do, this includes Mayock) than we should take him at #7. Quarterbacks can adjust and move ahead after the college game. If Harbaugh believes in him and I think he does, we have a franchise QB. Mayock compares his pro day to Bradford and Matt Ryan, that sounds good to me; where do I sign up?

Let's not forget we were ALL yelling the same thing a few years ago when the Niners brought Josh Freeman in for a visit. BTW -- Same QB coach that worked with Freeman and Bradford for the draft transition to the pros.

Everyone needs to relax a little bit. You're all so damn afraid to commit to a high draft pick at QB and it's ridiculous! You're like a dog that crapped on the kitchen floor, your owner slapped you across the nose, and now you never wanna go back inside the house again!
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

You Alex-haters are a joke. All I see are people who are Alex Haters and those that are mildly indifferent realists and trust in whatever decision Harbaugh makes.

I dont hate Alex. I just enjoy getting some of the people on this forum all worked up. I wouldn't write the season off if he started this year.

I dont hate Alex. I just enjoy getting some of the people on this forum all worked up. I wouldn't write the season off if he started this year.

Oh. So just trolling, I get it.

Oh. So just trolling, I get it.

I only troll people that deserve it....

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 27, 2011 at 20:52:53 ]

• dmax
  • Veteran
really mayock ....really
that's right folks, your favorite draft guru who doesnt work for ESPN, loves blaine gabbert.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's right folks, your favorite draft guru who doesnt work for ESPN, loves blaine gabbert.

no body's perfect
  • dmax
  • Veteran
i laughed out loud at his top 10 picks
Mayock I respect the most on his mock drafts and grades.. everyone else i just laugh at when they try to analyze guys, especially dukes and kiper from espn isnt that great.
Share 49ersWebzone