LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

Do you think you will be disappointed after this draft

Do you think you will be disappointed after this draft

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A horrific 1st round. We reached big time and panicked when a trade didn't go through. We had no backup plan and no preparation. Once again the worst front office in the league...

It came down to Quinn and Smith and they chose Smith Im not sure what more you wanted them to do. They were in no mans land at 7. 2 picks behind Peterson 1 pick behind a block buster trade and 1 pick before the over drafting of qbs. Smith wasnt my first option either but who were they gonna trade with? Since 3 teams picked qbs between picks 8-12 of course it makes it look worse than it really is when you see guys like quinn and fairly slide down. You could see the writing on the wall we needed the bills bengals or the tards to take qbs and it didnt happen. The rush on qbs came after our pick. And PS the guy really isnt that bad of a player
Originally posted by susweel:
A horrific 1st round. We reached big time and panicked when a trade didn't go through. We had no backup plan and no preparation. Once again the worst front office in the league...

We got Baalke so we should have expected this, he's not a real GM he's a scout.

I knew he wasn't a real GM from day 1. And I said so loudly on the WZ. I was called a "HATER" and "Anti 49er fan" and such... I knew for 100% sure he was trash from day 1. He is McDRUNK #2 all over again.

I lol'd.

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Apr 29, 2011 at 06:12:31 ]

I knew he wasn't a real GM from day 1. And I said so loudly on the WZ. I was called a "HATER" and "Anti 49er fan" and such... I knew for 100% sure he was trash from day 1. He is McDRUNK #2 all over again.

I never wanted him as gm either but he probably came cheap.

Yeah I know. People act like our front office is fixed. But only Harbaugh is better. And HE CHOSE US! He had other options. He obviously didn't want to move his young family. Our GM is a joke and other front office people too.

at this conversation.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Yeah I know. People act like our front office is fixed. But only Harbaugh is better. And HE CHOSE US! He had other options. He obviously didn't want to move his young family. Our GM is a joke and other front office people too.

at this conversation.

its like watching two drunk retards in an alley
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

at this conversation.

its like watching two drunk retards in an alley

Hey thats a personal attack.

Dont attack the poster, attack the subject.
im stoked with the Aldon Smith pick and im expecting to get some more impact players today. maybe WR/RB/CB or a QB if they think the remaining QBs are worth it
Why are the zoners mad at only Ballke with the Smith pick? Harbaugh and Fangio had to have signed off on it. Both Harbaugh and Ballke went to Mizou's pro day, everyone assumed it was for Gabbert...surprise!

I admit I did a scooby doo when the pick came, thought they could have traded back, later learned no one wanted to. They obviouly feel smith is better than Quinn, Quinn has issues (out of football for a year) medical (yeah I know the doctors say he is cleared, but once you have a tumor the chance is good that it could come back or affect his play).

The more I read, the more I liked his intangibles like his wing span, according to Baalke his wing span is 8" greater than his height. Meaning OL have a harder time grabbing his jersey to legally hold him (in fact that it is one of the minor complaints, he sometimes doesn't extend), plus sacking a QB is only part of the deal, the long arms alows for him bat or tip the ball, in fact his interception I believe came went he didn't rush and just tipped the ball near the line of scrimmage. Not to mention he will easily be able to pick up another 10-15 lbs.

People thought the Jags reached for Tyson Alualu, turns outs he was worth the pick and the jags accessed it correctly and everyone else (supposed experts were wrong).
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
This draft is the one that was suppose to put us over the hump!!

With all the extra picks, we're to use them wisely!! instead, we are drafting projects after projects..

is Kaepernick really the future?? or are we gonna have the same scenario as the Panters... having 2 young QBs!!
I'm even more disappointed than I thought I'd be.
I'm just happy we nabbed a 2nd-round quality QB today to groom for the future. I wanted Dalton, but I'm happy to have the Kaeps.

i dont know how we can be disappointed after the draft. lets get these guys on the field and see what they can do. this team has spend hours watching film and seeing these guys in person. let them do their job! its a new coaching staff and we dont really know the kind of players they want. just be exicted that we are getting new talent!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no.
Im pretty disappointed but have to keep an open mind.

ok, tell us, who would have you picked instead?
This looks so far like a futures draft. Smith will be moving to a new position. Kaepernick will take time to develop. Culliver? No clue. Never heard of him. I guess it won't really matter until both sides agree on some type of contract. This lockout really hurts the 49ers, what with the new coaches and the new players and vets that will have to learn new systems. Oh well.
Share 49ersWebzone