There are 256 users in the forums

Do you think you will be disappointed after this draft

Do you think you will be disappointed after this draft

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It seems that our most wanted players (Von Miller and Peterson) are gonna be chosen by the time we pick. Most likely we have to settle on the someone like Prince or Quinn. Also in the second round most of the QBs that we want will probably be gone if we dont trade up.

Unless the niners make some moves, I think this draft is shaping up to be a disappointment.

I know we really wont know for a couple of years, so we are just basing this on short term projections.
Originally posted by susweel:
It seems that our most wanted players (Von Miller and Peterson) are gonna be chosen by the time we pick. Most likely we have to settle on the someone like Prince or Quinn. Also in the second round most of the QBs that we want will probably be gone if we dont trade up.

Unless the niners make some moves, I think this draft is shaping up to be a disappointment.

I know we really wont know for a couple of years, so we are just basing this on short term projections.

I totally agree with your assessment. If we don't get Peterson I will be thoroughly disappointed since all of the mock drafts over the past months have had him falling to us. It has created an expectation for myself that the team is going to have a rare talent at CB, something we have always lacked.

As far as QB goes.....I don't really have a preference in this draft. I don't expect ANYTHING from this team this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Youngone:

I totally agree with your assessment. If we don't get Peterson I will be thoroughly disappointed since all of the mock drafts over the past months have had him falling to us. It has created an expectation for myself that the team is going to have a rare talent at CB, something we have always lacked.

As far as QB goes.....I don't really have a preference in this draft. I don't expect ANYTHING from this team this year.

I understand what your saying and in a way I feel the same. But Im also in eternal optimist in a way. I do think its gonna be hard for this team and Im not expecting much but when the games start I still expect to win.
As long as we make our team better I will be happy. We have 12 picks so it should be fun.
I highly doubt Miller will be there, and I'm beginning to think Peterson will indeed go to either ARI or CLE at 5/6, or another team will try to snake themselves into one of those spots to take him before us...which will supremely bum me out.

should things play out like this I really don't think there is a single guy at 7 I'd be happy with and would much rather us trade down with one of those teams who may want a shot at Gabbert, Jones or Prince (who is probably the only guy here i'd simply be alright with us taking at 7)
Yes, I think I will be unless the niners do some strange s**t. It's the day before the draft, and I'm not excited at all. We'll probably choose the best player available on D in the 1st round, and that's all I'm expecting.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If PP is gone, and the 49ers trade out of the number 7 spot then I could be happy over the draft. I really do want to see a QB drafted in the first 2 rounds.

I understand what your saying and in a way I feel the same. But Im also in eternal optimist in a way. I do think its gonna be hard for this team and Im not expecting much but when the games start I still expect to win.

I mean, yeah I want them to win. But do I expect a winning season like I have in the past few years....nah because of the shortened season, new offensive and defensive schemes (somewhat less of a change on defense) and having only David Carr under contract all lead me to believe that, although it has a few elite talent players (Vernon, Gore, and Willis), this team is in a rebuilding mode until we have a QB go through a whole offseason and learns Harbaughs WCO
The only thing that would make me disapoint is drafting a QB at 7. If we trade down and grab Locker, i'd be cool with that or if we traded up further in the second to get a QB.

My gut feeling says that Prince is our guy.
I'm scared ima be disappointed if we don't get pp or prince anybody else with our first I'll be mad and I want stanzi in round 2 which harbaugh has had his eye on stanzi so I'm scared both ways

if we dont get peterson prince quinn miller dareus or aj green with forst pick i will be dissapointed rest of draft depends on first pick but i want

1 OLB 1 QB and 1 CB with 1st 3 picks
  • Chief
  • Veteran
wtf?

Let me go get my crystal ball before I answer this, oh, and aren't you always disappointed?
I'm not going to be disappointed if we do not draft a top 5 rated player with our seven pick.

Only way I'll be let down is if we reach.

You are? That's gotta be some sort of a joke, right?

Just watch the draft and let things play out.
Yes I will because the absolute best talent will be gone by #7. Leaving us with 2 alternatives. Stay put and reach at #7 or trade down for potentially more picks but less valuable ones. I don't see a game changer sitting there at #7. And truth be told we really need one at several positions. QB, CB, OLB especially. If we don't shore up one of those at least in the first and one or 2 others later on I will be really disappointed. But I could see where that could really happen.
Share 49ersWebzone