There are 280 users in the forums

Adam Schefter says 49ers looking to trade back

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by backontop:
has Adam Schefter ever been right about anything??

he's pretty damn reliable

isn't he the same guy that was saying that Harbaugh was pretty much a done deal in Miami though?

thats dan lebatard
Cam Newton falls to #7, and the calls come pouring in
Originally posted by ninertico:
Been saying it all along. No Peterson, Dareus or Miller, then trade down even if Gabbert is there. In fact, Gabbert would bring in a hefty return given the over-valuation of QBs. Let's say Washington or the Vikes would trade up, it would cost them a second for sure.

At #10 or #12, we could still land Amukamara as Peter King has deemed in his Mock Draft. Except, he has us trading back even with Peterson on the board with the Texans.

Isay/said the same..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Been saying it all along. No Peterson, Dareus or Miller, then trade down even if Gabbert is there. In fact, Gabbert would bring in a hefty return given the over-valuation of QBs. Let's say Washington or the Vikes would trade up, it would cost them a second for sure.

At #10 or #12, we could still land Amukamara as Peter King has deemed in his Mock Draft. Except, he has us trading back even with Peterson on the board with the Texans.

Isay/said the same..

That would be awesome to get an extra 2nd or 3rd using Gabbert as trade bait but I doubt he makes it that far and if he did I would be so dang nervous we would take him.
Best case scenario is they find a trading partner low enough so Harbaugh can get his QB without reaching (much). They also get a 2nd or maybe 3rd rd pick to boot, giving them a great opportunity to get a CB and pass rusher early.
Originally posted by dwett:

For sure but I would add that it matters if Harbaugh has his eyes set on one QB. If the Niners have several rated close they will simply sit back and see how it plays out, but if they have one QB in mind who knows what they will do to secure that pick.

I agree that there is no QB that stands out but it is all about how the Niners organization feels about this situation. At least it will be entertaining.

I bet Harbaugh is focused on a QB and possibly a backup. Getting one of them will determine draft day strategy. If Gabbert is in his sites and available at #7, done deal. Otherwise I would bet on drafting back if the situation allows. [b]Baalke will get Harbaugh his QB.[b]
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Originally posted by Otter:
This is from King, who I don't particularly care for, but I hope if this is true that it is NOT us.

There's a team in the draft that has a deal on the table -- I'm guessing New England (surprise!) -- with a team trying to come back into the first round. The deal will net the team dealing the first-rounder the following: a second-round pick in 2011 and a first-round pick in 2012. The deal, I hear, is contingent on the player the trade-up team wants still being there. Could it be Tennessee trading into the bottom of the first round, at 28, to get Jake Locker or Andy Dalton? Stay tuned.

I hope we don't give up our 2nd and next year's first for a chance to draft ponder or dalton.

Why not?

I would prefer to trade a few picks away next year for Andrew Luck

Whoever is number 1 next year is not giving up Andrew luck!

So if the number 1 pick has an established QB already you are saying that they would draft him hands down?
If they have the number 1 pick they dont have an established QB

If any team like Buff, cin, arizona or Carolina Drafts a QB in the top 5 picks of this years draft and then goes out and get the first pick over all next year there going to draft a QB again? I know the chances of something like this are slim. pluse Luck could have a bad year and teams may not be as high on him.

Exactly
Trade down and take MALLETT
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Trade down and take MALLETT

do u have any posts that dont say take mallet when we dont get mallet im guessing ur leaving
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If reports are true about the Redskins trading up to #2 to ensure they get Gabbert, it could prove good for us.

That means Denver will be at #10, and may want to trade back up to #7 to pick up the best defensive player on the board. Would be great if we can trade back to #10 and pick up a 2nd rounder. It would ensure we can trade back up into the late first and take our pick of the second-tier QBs.

Originally posted by okdkid:
If reports are true about the Redskins trading up to #2 to ensure they get Gabbert, it could prove good for us.

That means Denver will be at #10, and may want to trade back up to #7 to pick up the best defensive player on the board. Would be great if we can trade back to #10 and pick up a 2nd rounder. It would ensure we can trade back up into the late first and take our pick of the second-tier QBs.

i pray to god the redskins do that would be great for us especially since pp7 has even greater chance of falling to us
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i pray to god the redskins do that would be great for us especially since pp7 has even greater chance of falling to us

Yea without Gabbert and Newton going in the top 5, there is no way PP is falling. One question to everyone. If by some miracle Gabbert and PP are there at seven and Washington comes calling saying they will give up there second rounder to move up to take Gabbert. Do you make the trade or take the best player in the draft?
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yea without Gabbert and Newton going in the top 5, there is no way PP is falling. One question to everyone. If by some miracle Gabbert and PP are there at seven and Washington comes calling saying they will give up there second rounder to move up to take Gabbert. Do you make the trade or take the best player in the draft?

hands down take pp7 he is not only the best player of the draft in a position of need he is the best DB prospect to come out since around 1998 (woodson) at a position of need
I just hope we dont reach for a QB. There seems to be some real quality in this years draft class in many other positions. Let all the tards (not AZ) waist their pick on sub par QBs while we pick up a few pro-bowlers for the next 10 years.

It is unlikely any of the QB class could start from day one anyway. Let's get aggressive about getting a Vet for this year and look for our QB next year. Unless of course someon falls into our lap.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just hope we dont reach for a QB. There seems to be some real quality in this years draft class in many other positions. Let all the tards (not AZ) waist their pick on sub par QBs while we pick up a few pro-bowlers for the next 10 years.

It is unlikely any of the QB class could start from day one anyway. Let's get aggressive about getting a Vet for this year and look for our QB next year. Unless of course someon falls into our lap.

harbaugh seems to really like kaep stanzi dalton we will take a qb in 2nd or 3rd not with the 7 pick
Share 49ersWebzone