LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Adam Schefter says 49ers looking to trade back

Originally posted by skitso52:
Originally posted by valrod33:
What type of trade would need to go down if a team offered next years 1st for our 7th pick?

A very stupid one on our part considering there might not ever be a draft again

There is a possibility that there wouldn't be a draft but i doubt that will every happen as much success the draft has had in years past.

Still teams are told to trade future picks at their own risk. I personally would take the risk if someone wanted our 2nd rounder for a 1st next year.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by valrod33:
What type of trade would need to go down if a team offered next years 1st for our 7th pick?

A very stupid one on our part considering there might not ever be a draft again

There is a possibility that there wouldn't be a draft but i doubt that will every happen as much success the draft has had in years past.

Still teams are told to trade future picks at their own risk. I personally would take the risk if someone wanted our 2nd rounder for a 1st next year.

i am not in favoir of trading our 1st round pick to get future picks our 2nd and 3rd round fine

but peterson prince dareus miller quinn and aj green all are rare talents we will not find too many prospects like these for a while we better take one of those
Originally posted by English:

This would not happen. You dont trade like for like. You trade our 2nd this year for next year's 1st. By trading this year's 1st for someone else's 1st next year we could end up getting a significantly poorer pick, if they have a good year, and it is one year off.

So they would have to throw in a good player, or more picks to make it possible.

Honestly I would love a situation as follows

Trading our 1st pick down for a swap with a this years 1st pick of whatever team wants to trade plus a second rounder next year.

Repeat the process if possible as many times as possible. Then either use the late round pick or try and trade it for a future 1st round pick, then try and trade our 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder, or repeat the process substituting rounds 1 and 2 for rounds 2 and 3.
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

This would not happen. You dont trade like for like. You trade our 2nd this year for next year's 1st. By trading this year's 1st for someone else's 1st next year we could end up getting a significantly poorer pick, if they have a good year, and it is one year off.

So they would have to throw in a good player, or more picks to make it possible.

Trading our 1st pick down for a swap with a this years 1st pick of whatever team wants to trade plus a second rounder next year.

Repeat the process if possible as many times as possible. Then either use the late round pick or try and trade it for a future 1st round pick, then try and trade our 2nd rounder for a future 1st rounder, or repeat the process substituting rounds 1 and 2 for rounds 2 and 3.

sounds like a Bill Bellick type of move
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Aussie49er:

sounds like a Bill Bellick type of move

It works. Then you can use those picks next year to either get great players by packaging them, OR, use a few and repeat the process for the following year.

Its all about playing chess instead of playing checkers.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran

If, for example, Detroit fall in love with Peterson and offer this and next year's first rounders to move up then I'd pull the trigger, this type of trade does happen eg Eli Manning.
Share 49ersWebzone