LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 132 users in the forums

Greg Little "FREAK" Bandwagon - WR Tarheels

Everyone talks about Robert Quinn and Marvin Austin... But no one talks about Greg Little! He is a 6-3, 230lb WR from North Carolina, nicknamed "FREAK" from his teammates.

Ran 4.51 in 40, 10-9 broad jump, 40.5 vertical jump, 27 reps on bench. DUDE IS A FREAK!

He came in as as True freshmen and was fighting for a spot along with Hakeem Nicks. He was a RB in high school, thus has an uncanny ability to run after the catch. He reminds me of a more physical Mike Williams (Tampa Bay).

#8 was a WR and a RB in College... And just look at this FREAK that can be had in middle rounds

[ Edited by amigoj49 on Apr 23, 2011 at 8:56 AM ]
I've been on this bandwagon for a long time now! Little is probably my third favorite receiver in this draft. I love the strength he plays with, his big frame and he reminds me of a little mix of Anquan Boldin and TO.
Would have no qualms whatsoever if we drafted him in the 3rd, but I don't think we will.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Would have no qualms whatsoever if we drafted him in the 3rd, but I don't think we will.

He would be excellent value in the third. Almost every scout in the league would agree with that.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

He would be excellent value in the third. Almost every scout in the league would agree with that.

I know that we have a lot of other needs... But imagine Vernon Davis, Crabtree, and Greg Little... That is FREAKY!!!!
I think Little would be a very good weapon for the Harbaugh west coast offense.

He could be a great #2 WR in the
2 HB (Gore, Walker) 2 WR(Crabtree, Little) 1 TE(Davis) set or

He could slide in to TE to pair with V. Davis and move J. Morgan in at the #2 WR spot in the
1 HB(Gore) 2 WR(Crabtree, Morgan) 2 TE(Davis, Little) set.

He fits our system well, I would think, so I'm assuming you think he'll be snatched up prior to our 3rd round pick or he's not "wired" right for our team?
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

He fits our system well, I would think, so I'm assuming you think he'll be snatched up prior to our 3rd round pick or he's not "wired" right for our team?

I just think we may have other players higher on the board, but I do project him to go before our pick regardless.
He looks alot like T.O. as a blocker. He catches the ball at its highest point & the stiff arm /spin moves are all tailback. This guy brings alot to the table. I look at those highlights and I say I want him on the squad period.
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
He looks alot like T.O. as a blocker. He catches the ball at its highest point & the stiff arm /spin moves are all tailback. This guy brings alot to the table. I look at those highlights and I say I want him on the squad period.

Look at the video at 3:02... just look what he does to that CB... FREAK!!!!!!

Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

Might slip do to speed like boldin did, he's got talent and he's seems to like that contact!
only problem i see with little is that he may have some character issues, according to the draft mags
Originally posted by hofer36:
only problem i see with little is that he may have some character issues, according to the draft mags

Mike Williams (Tampa Bay) had character concerns as well coming out... but look what he turned into. I think that WR are kind of divas anyway... and sometimes, talent is more important than boyscout-ism.
look at the block at like 3:01
Share 49ersWebzone