LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 324 users in the forums

The 49ers are very lucky this year!

This draft class has seven outstanding players with imense potential. The 49ers are guaranteed to land one of these players, which is a very exciting concept:

Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Patrick Peterson
A.J. Green
Marcell Dareus
Robert Quinn
Von Miller

Personally, I think we draft Quinn because the others will have already been drafted. Quinn over Prince because he's a better pro prospect in my opinion.

Who do u think we draft?
hopefully any1 on that list but gabbert and newton
Very true....i hoping quinn over prince bc quinn would be a bigger upgrade over haralson than prince over spencer and clements.

And we cant trade down too much bc we already have too many picks that wont make the team.

Think about it......we cant pass up a vince wilfok to get a rashan woods again. Go for the impact player at 7. We could always try to address a qb again in fa or a trade if we dont get a qb in the first or second.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Very true....i hoping quinn over prince bc quinn would be a bigger upgrade over haralson than prince over spencer and clements.

And we cant trade down too much bc we already have too many picks that wont make the team.

Think about it......we cant pass up a vince wilfok to get a rashan woods again. Go for the impact player at 7. We could always try to address a qb again in fa or a trade if we dont get a qb in the first or second.

I agree. One bonafide passrusher will make the QB reduce his pocket time from 4.0 seconds to 3.0 seconds. That extra second will make our CBs play like probowlers.
Im on the PRINCE AMUKAMARA bandwagon
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I agree. One bonafide passrusher will make the QB reduce his pocket time from 4.0 seconds to 3.0 seconds. That extra second will make our CBs play like probowlers.

can peopl just realize secondary is our biggest need. i dont get how you guys dont see it. our pass rush was ranked atleast ten spots better than our passing defense
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for RMuTT1981.
I seem to remember a lot of coverage sacks last year, so that makes me think if players are equally rated, I would definitely go for the pass rusher. More of a need for the defense to get pressure than to cover, only one guy needs to get to the qb.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
DRAFT

BLAINE

GABBERT
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
I seem to remember a lot of coverage sacks last year, so that makes me think if players are equally rated, I would definitely go for the pass rusher. More of a need for the defense to get pressure than to cover, only one guy needs to get to the qb.

ok but we cant cover... 24th in pass d... 14th in sacks.... u tell me whats the bigger need
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Jake Locker
Could be a draft smoke screen, but NFL access was saying a number of teams have said that Quinn has trouble against the run and only rushes well on the outside, but struggles inside. Also, not sure how he would preform in coverage. I've really cooled off of Quin the last few days. Too many questions.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Could be a draft smoke screen, but NFL access was saying a number of teams have said that Quinn has trouble against the run and only rushes well on the outside, but struggles inside. Also, not sure how he would preform in coverage. I've really cooled off of Quin the last few days. Too many questions.

My guess it's disinformation. He had quite a few TFLs in addition to his sacks.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

so is eric davis. wait, are you eric davis?
Originally posted by jrg:
DRAFT

BLAINE

GABBERT

And what if he is gone?

Share 49ersWebzone