Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm starting to change my tune on Jeremy Beal. I think he probably will go undrafted, and I'm pulling him off the board. I'm comparing his fall to Wallace Gilberry a few years back. He (Gilberry) was thought of as someone who'd go in the 2nd-4th round range before he had such poor workout numbers.

Gilberry is a good player, and so is Beal, but Beal is going to have to hope he can land with a team that can find a way to effectively use him. Gilberry got picked up and landed in the right play and because of that has been a fairly productive player.

I've had Beal off for awhile now, and scouts are beginning to look at him as an ILB, since he may be far too slow off the edge. If he is drafted, I will surely kick myself.
For now, I'm sticking with my guns, even though some draft pundits have him as a third or fourth rounder, which is hilarious to me.

I heard the same a while back, but still considered him a rotational DL. I won't say there's no chance he gets drafted, but I think it could be a numbers game with so many more explosive players that could be deemed to have upside making them more attractive prospects.