There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terelle Pryor considering entering supplamental draft

Originally posted by valrod33:
schadjoe

RT @PDBuckeyes: BREAKING NEWS: Terrelle Pryor has decided to end his football career at Ohio State, per his lawyer

yep jus say this while i was watching PTI
I honestly don't understand why he isn't viewed as good as a prospect as Cam Newton. He is every bit the athlete, and has experience under center in a system that was light years more compatible with the NFL than Auburn's.

If Pryor was at Auburn last year, he would have won the heisman and national title too. Im not so sure Cam would have succeeded at OSU on the other hand
He is the next Troy Smith
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He probably could make more money staying at Ohio State, don't they pay more than 7th round picks make?
Originally posted by BobS:
He probably could make more money staying at Ohio State, don't they pay more than 7th round picks make?

college players dont get paid
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by BobS:

college players dont get paid

legally

He will be way better than Troy Smith
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
well he should stay for his senior year, accept the suspension, and move on. He has improved every year and he should this year too.

I thought he had agreed to play next year as part of the agreement that let him and the other Ohio State players participate in their bowl game.

He did. All the players that were involved in that scandal did. It was nothing set in stone just a handshake agreement type of thing between the coach and players.

Originally posted by Ohio49ersfan:
Sorry Ghost but Pryor is not going to be a good qb in the nfl. Hes not even a great QB in college. I could see him playing in the NFL though, just not as a QB.

This argument holds no water. Matt Cassel never played a game snap at USC yet led his team to the playoffs last year and is an NFL starter. Being great in college isn't going to determine whether you'll be good or not in the NFL.

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
How many games is he supposed to be suspended for in the upcoming season?

If it's only a few games, I think it's a dumb decision. If it's majority of the season, then I would agree with him.

I believe it's 5 games. IMO, that's pretty significant...consider that it will likely take at least 2 games to get his timing down (usually reserved for lightweight opponents), which means he'll only really be competing at a high level in about 7 games in his senior year.

I can see why he would be considering this move.

Aren't the first 3 games against Cupcake College, Creampuff U and College of St. Ann or something like that. That's who the Big 10 powers normally tune up on.

FWIW the OSU schedule for 2011 :

Sat, Sep 03 Akron
Sat, Sep 10 Toledo
Sat, Sep 17 Miami (Fla.)
Sat, Sep 24 Colorado
Sat, Oct 01 Michigan State
Sat, Oct 08 Nebraska
Sat, Oct 15 Illinois
Sat, Oct 29 Wisconsin
Sat, Nov 05 Indiana
Sat, Nov 12 Purdue
Sat, Nov 19 Penn State
Sat, Nov 26 Michigan

CU is a powerhouse! Totally not biased... they had Cal right where they wanted them last year but then the game started lol.

Pryor is an amazing athlete, but not an NFL QB. His best/only shot at success is as a TE in the league, otherwise watch him go play QB in Canadia or basketball in Europe.
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for Travisty13.
Originally posted by YungAce:

He will be way better than Troy Smith

.....if he becomes a wideout. QB......
Destroyed his college, yeah let's bring him here to destroy our franchise too.

Dude's an @ss hole, lazy, and is as fragile as VY. He'll flop miserably.
Originally posted by miked1978:
inb4 Terelle Pryor doesn't even get drafted

I would draft him in the 7th, could be a good camp fodder and one never knows, could develop??
Wow. Where does he go now? A lot of teams needing a QB that passed on one in the draft. Who takes him in the supplemental draft?

Arizona?
Miami?
Seattle?
Washington?
Oakland? (I think the Raiders are a serious, serious contender to take him)
Cleveland?
Buffalo?
raiders
Originally posted by strickac:
I hope we can grab him. He's the kind of prospect Harbaugh needs. I really like Kap, but Prior is more talented. I'd be much happier with Prior on the roster than Carr.

I know he's had his troubles, but I think a team would be willing to drop a 2nd on him. IMO, he's a steal in the 3rd.

how so?? are you an osu fan?