There are 292 users in the forums

Trade this year's 1st for a 1st next year???

Would you trade our seventh pick this year to a team like the Bills, Cinci, Car(ie most likely a top 10 next year)? This would give us 2 1st rounders next year and the ammunition to trade up to get either Luck or Barkley. thoughts...
NO!

If you have an option at drafting an elite talent, you do it!

Originally posted by northshore:
Would you trade our seventh pick this year to a team like the Bills, Cinci, Car(ie most likely a top 10 next year)? This would give us 2 1st rounders next year and the ammunition to trade up to get either Luck or Barkley. thoughts...

I would trade pick 45 for a first rounder next year. However there is no way of knowing you would get the number 1 pick, even with two frist round picks, no team will trade away the rights to a future franchsie qb for two first rounders.
Are we going to be able to draft someone this year that will make us an elite team? Peterson? great talent but will not make us elite. I am looking to the next 10 years and unless your singletary you know that an elite qb is the most important and difficult to find piece of the puzzle. you do what you have to do to get one or live with being simply mediocre
This years 7th pick, for a first round pick, yet to be determined.

No. Doubt anyone would.
If all of our guys are gone when we draft why not lets get 2 1st rounders next year

that way we have a good chance to move up to possibly take Luck next season
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
NO!

If you have an option at drafting an elite talent, you do it!

if von miller or patrick peterson are there take them...othewise trade for the pick in 2012, especially if it is with the panthers, bills, jags, skins or browns (teams that might be drafting high)
Take the talent you can get now. You never know what will happen next year. I HATE all the Andrew Luck talk. he could have a horrible year, or get an injury or smoke weed and get lazy. Either way if Harbaugh can't get it done without "Luck" than he's not the coach for us. My guess is that is he is a good coach and he can turn a number of these QBs into winners. Why the heck would we want to be a pathetic team again. We want to win now and so does the team. Jake Locker was supposed to go 1st and look what waiting a year did. Luck could look the same. Draft at #7 this year and Harbaugh and Comp. will find a QB project to mold.

Nothing personnal, but that is fools gold-you would throw away a #7 for a pick next year that you have no clue and assume would be a top 10 pick? Everyone would laugh at the niners. Only if you can guarentee that the pick is the number one pick. If it is number 7, 8, 9, or 10 it is a losing proposition, especially when you don't know what kind of talent is going to be there next year. Andrew Luck, if he has a decent season and is number one, do you think that team is going to give it up? More than likely that team is in need of a QB themselves, that is why they are at the bottom.

Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Take the talent you can get now. You never know what will happen next year. I HATE all the Andrew Luck talk. he could have a horrible year, or get an injury or smoke weed and get lazy. Either way if Harbaugh can't get it done without "Luck" than he's not the coach for us. My guess is that is he is a good coach and he can turn a number of these QBs into winners. Why the heck would we want to be a pathetic team again. We want to win now and so does the team. Jake Locker was supposed to go 1st and look what waiting a year did. Luck could look the same. Draft at #7 this year and Harbaugh and Comp. will find a QB project to mold.

Not only that, but if the lockout happens and a short season is upon us, with short preperation time for the new staff and no QB, the niners may have a high pick anyway.
NO...

Assuming Luck is still at the top of the draft board next year. There is no way of knowing for sure that the team holding the 1st pick would trade it, even for 2 first rounders.

As for Barkley, right now he is not worth 2 first rounders IMO.
Originally posted by WildBill:

Nothing personnal, but that is fools gold-you would throw away a #7 for a pick next year that you have no clue and assume would be a top 10 pick? Everyone would laugh at the niners. Only if you can guarentee that the pick is the number one pick. If it is number 7, 8, 9, or 10 it is a losing proposition, especially when you don't know what kind of talent is going to be there next year. Andrew Luck, if he has a decent season and is number one, do you think that team is going to give it up? More than likely that team is in need of a QB themselves, that is why they are at the bottom.

I would trade back to their 2nd round pick and take next years 1st for this years #7.

all the teams u list pick before us, why would they give up next years first to get another top 10 pick? i dont see the logic from their end
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by WildBill:

I would trade back to their 2nd round pick and take next years 1st for this years #7.

I would not, you don't know how they will do and if there would be any person worth drafting if you can't get Luck. remember when we traded and got a first from Carolina before, we thought they would suck cause they usually did after winning a division and they didn't. You don't know what their coaches will do, if they will smart or boneheaded that particular year, or who they will aqquire when free agency comes, and it will.

While you should keep an eye towards the future, one should not lose yourself in a dream and neglect the present.
Share 49ersWebzone