There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Northvan49erman Mock with trades

Trade #7 and # 115 to NE for #17 and #28.

Package our two 7th rounders for a 6th next year.

Draft

#17- G, Mike Pouncey, Florida –

Love the pedigree. 49ers solidify the guard position for the next decade; boast the best young offensive line in football. Bye Chilo.

#28- CB, Jimmy Smith, Colorado –

Take a chance on him. Most upside of any corner in the draft.

#45 – OLB, Akeem Ayers, UCLA –

Might be gone by here, but who knows. We get our OLB edge rusher. If not him, then maybe reach/trade down for Chris Carter. Or

OLB, Brooks Reed, Arizona – Kind of an all arounder, without a quick first step, but a hard worker.

#76 – QB, Ricky Stanzi, Iowa –

PFW has him as the third ranked QB. Decent arm strength. Smart. More of a mental project than a physical one for Harbaugh. I like spending a third on a QB rather than a 2nd/late 1st. Its less of a commitment, he'll have less pressure, and We could still go in another direction if something amazing comes along.

# 108 – NT, Kendrick Ellis, Hampton –

Might fall because of character concerns. Huge upside again.

#141 – FB, Owen Marecic, Stanford –

A popular pick by many. Prototypical FB, great blocker… not much of a rushing threat though. With four FB's all around the same draft position, he could be around here.

# 174 – RB, Noel Devine, West Virginia –

Guys stock has fallen so much. Might be around here. Finally get a change of pace back.

#190 – ORT, Carl Johnson, Florida –

More character concerns, but comes in with Pouncey. Project backup, with Staley’s injury concerns. I dunno, I always have faith in guys like Harbaugh to mitigate character concerns.

#238 (comp) CB, Richard Sherman, Stanford – Raw, with a big ego. Converted WR. Upside.

#249 (comp) ILB - Derrell Smith, Syracuse - switched to linebacker after two years of playing RB, DE and OLB... still raw.

[ Edited by northvan49erman on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:21:55 ]
Brooks Reed is a borderline first rounder... I don't see him lasting to the end of the seventh round
Originally posted by PloomDG:
Brooks Reed is a borderline first rounder... I don't see him lasting to the end of the seventh round

typo. thanks.
Pats would never make that trade, but word...

[ Edited by Sjceruti on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:36:53 ]
Yet another high pick on a guard? No wonder the 49ers have not posted a winning season in years.
I don't think we need to use our first round pick on another guard. Our line is pretty solid the way it is. A lot of people here hate Chilo, myself included, but he's not as bad as we all make him out to be.
i wasnt happy last yr spending 2 1st rounders on oline and im going to go ballistic and throw my remote through the tv if they pick oline anywhere through round 1-5
I think if they made that trade then you have to think they would want someone like Christian Ponder at 17 then still take Smith at 28, have Ponder and Stanzi battle it out for the QB spot.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for hofer36.
Originally posted by northvan49erman:
Trade #7 and # 115 to NE for #17 and #28.

Package our two 7th rounders for a 6th next year.

Draft

#17- G, Mike Pouncey, Florida –

Love the pedigree. 49ers solidify the guard position for the next decade; boast the best young offensive line in football. Bye Chilo.

#28- CB, Jimmy Smith, Colorado –

Take a chance on him. Most upside of any corner in the draft.

#45 – OLB, Akeem Ayers, UCLA –

Might be gone by here, but who knows. We get our OLB edge rusher. If not him, then maybe reach/trade down for Chris Carter. Or

OLB, Brooks Reed, Arizona – Kind of an all arounder, without a quick first step, but a hard worker.

#76 – QB, Ricky Stanzi, Iowa –

PFW has him as the third ranked QB. Decent arm strength. Smart. More of a mental project than a physical one for Harbaugh. I like spending a third on a QB rather than a 2nd/late 1st. Its less of a commitment, he'll have less pressure, and We could still go in another direction if something amazing comes along.

# 108 – NT, Kendrick Ellis, Hampton –

Might fall because of character concerns. Huge upside again.

#141 – FB, Owen Marecic, Stanford –

A popular pick by many. Prototypical FB, great blocker… not much of a rushing threat though. With four FB's all around the same draft position, he could be around here.

# 174 – RB, Noel Devine, West Virginia –

Guys stock has fallen so much. Might be around here. Finally get a change of pace back.

#190 – ORT, Carl Johnson, Florida –

More character concerns, but comes in with Pouncey. Project backup, with Staley’s injury concerns. I dunno, I always have faith in guys like Harbaugh to mitigate character concerns.

#238 (comp) CB, Richard Sherman, Stanford – Raw, with a big ego. Converted WR. Upside.

#249 (comp) ILB - Derrell Smith, Syracuse - switched to linebacker after two years of playing RB, DE and OLB... still raw.

i dont think akeem ayers projects as a great edge rusher...he wasnt at ucla
i dont think akeem ayers projects as a great edge rusher...he wasnt at ucla



he does:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Shutdown-40-27-Akeem-Ayers-OLB-UCLA?urn=nfl-321763

http://sportshaze.com/united-states/nfl/2011-nfl-draft-gabbert-is-the-one-2101

and PFW says so as well, though I can't find the article.

[ Edited by northvan49erman on Mar 29, 2011 at 12:22:53 ]
not bad. but i dont think we need a guard at #17.
Is Scott mccloughan or mike nolan posting on the webzone.

This has to be the WORST trade scenario in the world. You are trading away a shot to get a franchsie player to draft a guard, a guard that would be a 4th round pick if his brother was not playing so well.

Adam Snyder> Mike Pouncey
Chilo rachal/? Mike Pouncey
David Baas> Mike Pouncey
Wragge= Mike Pouncey

So why draft a guard when QB OLB and CB are the top areas of NEED.
Overall like this draft..
Originally posted by 9erred:
Is Scott mccloughan or mike nolan posting on the webzone.

This has to be the WORST trade scenario in the world. You are trading away a shot to get a franchsie player to draft a guard, a guard that would be a 4th round pick if his brother was not playing so well.

Adam Snyder> Mike Pouncey
Chilo rachal/? Mike Pouncey
David Baas> Mike Pouncey
Wragge= Mike Pouncey

So why draft a guard when QB OLB and CB are the top areas of NEED.



QB, OLB, CB are the next three picks on the board, and Pouncey is, in my mind, the safest bet in the draft.

I think guard, and depth on the oline is still a major concern... the game is won in the trenches.

with a rookie qb coming in, and guard and FB our only foreseeable weakness on offense (other than QB)... protect him, give him every opportunity to succeed...

Our o-line, which has caused us nothing but problems for the last decade, could be set for the next decade....

the draft is deep in QB, and OLB in the first 2-3 rounds, and there are quite a few solid corners that can be had in the late first, early 2nd.

That's my thinking.