LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 277 users in the forums

Mock with Trades

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
What in the fart are we gonna do with 13 picks????

Yes you were very creative. Great. But we are not a team that needs 13 picks. Where the hell would we keep them??? Trade 7 of those picks (minimum) and lets get some real f'n talent.

13 pick?! Christ. Because 4 7th rounders work out ALL the time.

13 picks and no first next year = VOMIT

You're better than this Buck.

I did say Although, I do believe that the team will try to use our extra picks to trade up in the middle of the draft.

My next step is see if I can find a way, to bundle a number of those picks with our third, and move back into the beginning of the second round.

Other than the excess of late round picks, I think that is picks in this possible draft have merit.

By the way, in the thread on Dalton, I did not understand your critique. I asked about that in that thread.

Oh, I responded...

If I recall correctly, wasnt it because andy dalton is a ginger kid?
Interesting trades and reasonable. Good first five, and trying to use the late picks to move up somewhere in the second is my cup of tea.

Since we do not know what kind of practice squad the new CBA will bring, it might not be a bad year to have more developmental players on board. What if they expand the rosters and the practice squad? May as well have decent players filling the spots.

If I could trade every pick past the fourth for more 1-4s that would be my choice usually, but this year is a real crapshoot.
Giving away next year's 1st rounder without netting a better prospect at quarterback is just a horrendous idea.

I like Houston and have no beef trying to move up to get him, but you can't give up next year's 1st. Quarterback is the only position I'd justify giving up a 1st for, and no Dalton is not a good enough to bet the next 2 seasons on.

That's a draft were you're going to be punching a window come next season. The second trade is very unlikely too. That trade up has a 3rd round value to it, and unless Shanahan is just drooling over Locker and I doubt anyone is drooling like that about him it's very, very low probability. Hell Locker could be there in the 2nd for him.

Reallistically speaking your mock is Prince at 7 and no 41st pick.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 26, 2011 at 09:44:50 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Giving away next year's 1st rounder without netting a better prospect at quarterback is just a horrendous idea.

I like Houston and have no beef trying to move up to get him, but you can't give up next year's 1st. Quarterback is the only position I'd justify giving up a 1st for, and no Dalton is not a good enough to bet the next 2 seasons on.

That's a draft when you're going to be punching a window come next season. The second trade is very unlikely too. That trade up has a 3rd round value to it, and unless Shanahan is just drooling over Locker and I doubt anyone is drooling like that about him it's very, very low probability.

In my mind I'm just going to take off that selection and pick Prince at 7.

Exactly my though. Trade up to the top of the 2nd or the bottom of the 1st round ? Yes, but only if we pick up Christian Ponder there.
I'm pretty sure no cba means no trading 2012 picks. Heard that the other day on ESPN podcast.
Originally posted by 52isabeast:
I'm pretty sure no cba means no trading 2012 picks. Heard that the other day on ESPN podcast.

You heard wrong. Draft picks can be used as trade; current NFL players, however, can not.
Teams are going to be very leary of trading for any of next years picks 'cause of the uncertainty of the CBA

[ Edited by highway49 on Mar 27, 2011 at 09:09:19 ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's almost certain that next year's first round will not be traded. Harbaugh would not allow it this year at least.. not for Justin Houston..

Firstly, It's not a question of Harbaugh "allowing" anything. People need to understand that its Baalke making the final trade/personnel/roster decisions, not Harbaugh. The two will work closely together for sure, but if you're at all reading Harbaugh's personality, you would understand this fact: If BAALKE wants to make the trade, it will happen.

Secondly, I doubt that next years first rounder gets traded. As things stand; no QB, no training camp, new system, it's pretty likely that next years first will be a high one. This is the type of move that will really play havoc with the need to have a solid program of player enhancement and development. Yes we did it with Staley and it's HIGHLY questionable whether or not that was a good move. It destroyed the Niner's draft for the following year. So I rated that as a BAD move.

Thirdly, I have my doubts about the Niner scounting department's ability to rate late first/early second round talent. This is not a new scouting department and their track record in this area is not stellar and is not to be relied on. IMO even their early first round picks are HIGHLY questionable. But the later first round evaluations are a complete crap shoot. Might as well be employing a dart board.

[ Edited by Rsrkshn on Mar 28, 2011 at 00:00:50 ]
I think the most likely scenario is that they use the 7th for Peterson or a pass rusher and package a bunch of lower picks to move up in the second to take Ponder or Dalton.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I think the most likely scenario is that they use the 7th for Peterson or a pass rusher and package a bunch of lower picks to move up in the second to take Ponder or Dalton.

this, and thats what i hope we do and should do. i pray peterson falls to us and we trade up and take ponder or dalton

Share 49ersWebzone